Author Topic: Children Born to Original Townies - Sims 3  (Read 1012300 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: Children born to Original Townies
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2011, 09:24:02 AM »
Wow, Angeline is quite pretty!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2011, 09:34:36 AM »
Yes, I think so too.
I also think that if you put Holly's hair on her, they'd look very alike.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peregrine_Falcon

• Nooboo
« Reply #227 on: June 29, 2011, 03:38:29 AM »
This is a neat thread - I haven't been playing long enough to have the storyline progression go wild but it's interesting to see how it works. I do have a newbie question if you don't mind though - how are you finding out who a non-household Sim's parents are? Do you just make an educated guess from their last name, and then find them in their house and take a picture? Or is there some way to access family trees of other sims in the game besides the ones I am actively playing?

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #228 on: June 29, 2011, 04:31:22 AM »
If it's not in a challenge or dynasty file, I add them to the family (by pressing ctrl-shift-c then typing "testingcheatsenabled true", shift clicking on the sim in question and selecting "Add to active family") and have a look at their family tree.

If it's in a challenge or dynasty file, at the beginning of the game it's easy to tell - with Angeline, the only Alto's in the town are Vita, Nick and Holly, and Holly was still a teen when Angeline was born. This meant that Nick and Vita had to be the parents.

Further down the track, it's hard to find out unless you have someone in the family that's related to other townies. For example, in my dynasty, my sim married Cameron Bachelor who was the son of Bella Bachelor and Mortimer Goth. I went back through the Goth side of the family tree and discovered that Gunther (Mortimer's dad) had a step-child with the Bunch family. This meant I could see all of the Bachelor, Goth and Bunch family trees from then on (and let me say, the Bunches have bred like rabbits in my game!).

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #229 on: June 29, 2011, 04:42:35 AM »
There is a new and easier option to discover family trees if the Sim in question has a house in town. This was added with patch 1.22. Just turn on testing cheats (testingcheatsenabled true), type in (moviemakercheatsenabled true), and Shift+Right Click the Sim in question. You should see an option to make him/her the active Sim. Click it. This will automatically switch households without the use of Edit Town. Check their family tree, and go back to your family by Shift+Right Clicking and choosing the option. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #230 on: June 29, 2011, 04:59:54 AM »
This is Ramin Keaton, son of Marty and Justine Keaton.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #231 on: June 29, 2011, 07:03:16 AM »
This thread has made me curious about the babies born to Sims who are pregnant at the start of the game.  For example, Claire Ursine's baby and the Keaton baby.  My question is, do the babies always turn out looking the same?  I can't really tell from the pictures posted here.  I guess we'd have to see them all side by side to study them.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #232 on: June 29, 2011, 07:05:48 AM »
Hmm.. although I don't know for sure, I reckon they don't turn out looking exactly the same but certainly very similar. I have only played two games before and in each of them Claire Ursine's baby was a girl with Claire's hair and eyes and they both look extremely similar from what I can remember. I'm currently waiting for Donna Ursine to age up to young adult (a few sim days to go) for me to take a screenie of her and post her here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #233 on: June 29, 2011, 07:36:49 AM »
In my experience, the Keatons always have a boy and Claire always has a girl. Jenny Jones-Brown in Twinbrook can have either. Apart from that, there's definitely variation in looks, despite all the Ella clones in this thread. I think the genders of the kids resulting from the pregnancies in Sunset Valley were "set" (such as by apples and watermelon) before the point we start playing, but apart from that they're randomised as normal.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #234 on: June 29, 2011, 08:03:27 AM »
Pam, I might test that out now. I'll play three or so games, as the Keatons and Claire Ursine, and bring the results back when I'm done :)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #235 on: June 29, 2011, 09:22:15 AM »
Okay, here are my findings.

The Keaton boy came out the same in all four tests (I gave him the same hair, and shirt colour-coded for each try).

The Ursine girl turned out the same on the first three, but on the fourth time her lips and nose were different.

I think what might happen is that there are stronger genetics in some aspects, that have more of a chance of coming through. For example, Chris' thin lips almost always get passed down. Maybe it's the same with the genetics for the Ursine girl - she usually gets the dominant genetics, but can sometimes have varied features.

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
« Reply #236 on: June 29, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »
I never realized that sims pregnant at the start of the game have their children always turning out pretty much exactly the same. I always thought it would be random and they could have any mix of genetics.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #237 on: June 29, 2011, 06:13:51 PM »
I suppose that leads to the question:  at what point are a sim's genetics decided?  And is it possible to do anything to alter that, like there is with the gender?

The four Keaton boys and the first three Ursine girls are far too similar in appearance for me to write it off as a coincidence.  Do you recall if you did anything differently with the last Ursine girl?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #238 on: June 29, 2011, 10:56:42 PM »
No, I don't recall doing anything differently.
Maybe it's just like the chances of having a single child, twins or triplets. The more children, the less chance of having them. Maybe there's a scale for genetics, say it's more likely to have thin lips, then big lips, then normal lips.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2011, 12:29:56 AM »
Those are some amazing results, Alexandria.  Thanks so much for the testing.

I've actually had Claire give birth to a boy in one of my games.  I remember thinking at the time that maybe EA had made some adjustments in the townie babies to allow some variety.  But I never saw her have a boy again.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything