Author Topic: Detonating glitch?  (Read 2658 times)

VampirePlasma

Detonating glitch?
« on: July 10, 2011, 08:14:26 PM »
My sim reached level 6 on inventing a few sim minutes ago and I have had her detonate 5 things but she alswas get signed. She throws the bomb in place and runs away, but, in a few seconds she goes back where the bomb is and then it explodes? Her traits are insane, daredevil, eccentric, easily impressed and ambitious. Does insane make her go back to the bomb?

Sportsfan

Re: Detonating glitch?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 08:31:39 PM »
Maybe it's daredevil because they aren't afraid of fire so maybe they aren't afraid of bombs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 01:48:48 AM »
Sometimes when your sim tosses the bomb, it doesn't go off right away, so they go back to check on it.  Not really the smartest move, but I won't be the one to accuse sims of being smart.  They'll wet their pants playing computer games...

I have a theory that this is level dependent, as it seems to happen less the higher your Inventing skill gets.  Unfortunately, it doesn't happen enough for me to really test it.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 02:05:48 AM »
More often than not when I play an inventor Sim, they get blown up often.  Even if the inventing skill is at 10.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 11:53:07 AM »
My sim gets blown up everytime. I have to cancel the action 'Detonate.' so she won't go back.She reached level ten yesterday. Oh! Maybe it depends on the amount of stuff they've blown up. She has only blown up the plane in the military base 3 times, and 2 tables on the park. Maybe the more she blows up the more confident she'll feel and don't go back?

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 12:07:49 AM »
Maybe it depends on the amount of stuff they've blown up. Maybe the more she blows up the more confident she'll feel and don't go back?

I think that's right. It does seem to affect how often they go back.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 04:28:48 PM »
Something else that might be the cause, is objects close to what you detonate will blow up too, causing a chain reaction, which might result in something close to your Sim blowing up and singing them.  This happens all the time for me in the junkyard in sunset valley,  the whole place goes boom, and catches pretty much everyone on the lot in the blast.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.