Author Topic: Offer up Information to help us build the guide  (Read 34807 times)

Dusty_Monk

Re: Offer up Information to help us build the guide
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2011, 07:47:30 AM »
One thing I found, if you sit down with a drink you can call over any Sim in the Kingdom to come to your current place. Need to make a delivery and the Sim is on the other side of the Kingdom? Just fetch a drink from the barrel, sit down somewhere and interact with any Sim to have them come to you. If the King wants something from me I let him come to me. :)

Actually this is any activity whilst sitting. So you could be eating/reading/whitling and call over any sim. My Wizard only ever leaves his tower to collect herbs, hunt whales, stroll in the forest and visit the village shoppe.

On a related note, a sim can only access their child's inventory if they are part of the child's household. They can send the child shopping regardless of household. I know this because my wizard sent his son Prince Wynton shopping for Eel Stew ingredient and a whale harpoon. He had to rely on the Queen to pass him the harpoon later.

EDIT:  The Recipe Guide lists Unicorpia. It should be "Unicornucopia" and it also uses bear meat. It gives a +75 focus buff for at least 12 hours. (It was over a day for me but I had annexed Gastro'.)

EDIT 2: Gastrobury annex bonus does not seem to be working in the game where I made Unicornucopia. So it must have a base duration of over a day. It lasts a long time before spoiling too. Still not worth the $1000 unicorn meat though IMO

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2011, 02:25:13 PM »
Thanks you two. I added Schipperke's tip (also to Hard Workers ambition where it also applies) and it's nice to finally have the buff for Unicornucopia.

I'll be making a final pass of this entire thread to make sure I didn't miss anything for the Guide. As you can imagine, the project is winding down at this point. I only have a few articles to go to call it done. I see I'll need to make a few more tweaks for new features brought in with the new patch. (Mainly Resource Trading).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Simulcrum

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2011, 01:07:03 PM »
Fun Bug exploit:
With Patch 1.3, a Brave New World'd Level 10 Wizard, that has the Dedicated trait: Casting Beacon of Hope resets her Monarchly responsibilities. I've staggered out doing them and recasting Beacon to keep the Job Well Done buff going. It increases for every responsibility done! I've had +140 focus from just Job Well Done, which in addition to the Beacon of Hope is +180 focus before any other buff!

Strategy Tip for Hard Workers:
This is an Ambition where you definitely want to Brave New World in a Monarch. Your first quest in this ambition should be one that you can get 50 RP for getting a platinum. Using the above exploit I've gotten Platinum before even seeing the 8 hour warning that Quest progress is slacking (about 30 sim-hours). In that Monarch's Free Time, take lots of strolls in the forest or hunts (and sell off surplus meat) for chances of getting a +10 Renown event to trigger. As your 2nd quest, you can build the Knight's Barracks and annex Aarbyville (Invade!) with your 60 renown/50 RP. The +20% is great for pumping up your heroes.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2011, 01:16:13 AM »
There actually appears to be more chance of triggering an event for +10 renoun when you patrol the seas. There are 2 events that you can get this, instead of 1, and there are far less other events that don't.  If memory serves me correctly, they are Finding treasure and sharing it, and fighting the pirates and winning. This is fine for the monarch, knight and spy, but for other heroes a stroll in the forest will have to do. These events sometimes happen when whale-hunting or on a quest too.

Edit: Make that 3. I just for the first time ever decided to stay on course rather than checking out the mystery island, and got renoun for it instead of the crew annoyed at me.

NickMikado

« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2011, 06:40:47 PM »
When doing the "Hardworker's" select approaches that require more than one hero. If none are available use heroes with lower levels. The higher level heroes seem to level up even when you aren't playing them.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum, NickMikado.  Thanks for sharing that tip.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2011, 12:28:37 PM »
Thanks you guys, I added the info for Hard Workers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

crabbandit

« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2011, 05:20:53 AM »
"Weird. My wizard didn't get to choose a legendary trait with Fountain of Legend quest, but my monarch did Fisherman's Challenge with no problem, gaining the Natural Leader LT afterwards."

Is it possible you answered the riddle wrong at the end of the Fountain quest? At the very end you have to answer a riddle, and the right answer is always the answer that has to do with your Fatal Flaw. So for Drunkard it's Wine, Licentious is Love, etc.

The 'Industrious' Legendary Trait lets you give 100 Simoles to any other Sim, and unlike Merchant's Bribe can be performed over and over again. If you can get this trait on a Hero who can make lots of cash quick, they make a great Monarch for the Wealthy Populace ambition. I had an Industrious Bard-arch who just played music and gave all the money away, like a medieval Bono or something. Anyway it made that ambition easier.

'Meat Quest IV' for the Merchant unlocks three recipes kingdom-wide that give +50 focus boost for 6hrs with relatively cheap ingredients (one is apple + barley). Just choose to give the meat to the village rather than sell it to the Monarch when prompted.