Author Topic: Moving (Console Version)  (Read 4245 times)

Qillz

Moving (Console Version)
« on: April 19, 2011, 04:33:01 PM »
Your section on moving to a new house is great! After reading it I thought I was all ready to move on up to the east side, however, on the PS3 (and I assume the XBox) moving is totally different. It is not intuitive and can easily land a player into a sticky situation with their inventory when, in the middle of the move, the "Inventory Overflow Manager" pops up and leaves no recourse but to sell off everything!

The move screen is really dumbed down on the PS3 and, other than selecting who is moving, really offers only 2 options: Sell Furnature or Keep Furnature. Neither work the way one might assume.

After 3 frustrating attempts to do a clean move while keeping my stash of life fruit, death fish, death flowers, special seeds, books, etc and some of each perfect produce, my advice to a friend (who also plays on PS3) was just to sell off everything in the house manually and clean out most of his inventory before he calls for the move.

Anyway, I'm sure your readers who play the console version would really appreciate a writeup.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Moving (Console Version)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 09:22:13 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, Qillz, and thanks for the suggestion.  This is something that we've got in the works and one of our moderators will hopefully be handling it.  It's a bit on the back burner right now, though, because of other obligations and the release of Medieval.  Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Bulfmaster

Re: Moving (Console Version)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 09:57:33 AM »
I can attest to the same problem with the Xbox Qillz. Luckily, I saved my game pre-move so it wasn't much of a shock when this happened. The problem was I didn't have much furniture to begin with. However, I had a huge amount of food items in my fridge - all of my perfect produce. I ended up selling all produce except for 1 of each, then all of my furniture pre-move and the move worked great.