Author Topic: Power Outage During a Save  (Read 3669 times)

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
Power Outage During a Save
« on: July 04, 2011, 06:58:47 PM »
This is what I get for being careful.  A storm came up, I hit save and during my save, the power went out.  I'd have been better off not saving at all.  I would have lost only half a day.

At any rate, that's what happened.  During a save, the power went out.  Upon re-entering the game, the game/family I was playing was no longer accessible.  The main screen says it cannot launch the game, it may have been saved with data from an expansion pack that's no longer installed.  I have all the EPs and SPs, and they're all still installed.  I tried moving the actual game and renaming the back-up, but that gives me the same message.  Is all lost?

Leto85

Re: Power Outage During a Save
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 07:09:45 PM »
Ai, poor Csquared, I'm afraid your game is indeed lost now. I've had this once and it resulted in the same problem as you have now.
I will pm Pam about this, as I thought she knows more about it. And hopefully it can be saved.

Please make backup's of your savefiles in the future.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 07:14:29 PM »
Ugh.  Oh, well.  This has actually happened once before, with that same end result, though not to do with a power outage.  It's a nice opportunity to do a little upgrade I've been planning, though I wish it weren't a family so far into a challenge that had been lost.  Lesson learned.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 12:15:31 AM »
When you say that you tried to rename the back up file, are you talking about this?  That would be my best advice if you don't have another copy of your file saved somewhere.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 08:38:09 AM »
Yes, I tried that and got the same error message I did when I tried to load the original saved game.  It appears both were affected.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 09:21:48 AM »
This happens to me, too. My laptop shuts down all the time and if it happens to shut down during when I'm saving the game, that file will not appear in my launcher anymore. I now use the save as button to save and have two separate files for the same game that I switch between every time I save, so if one gets lost I still have the other. :)

Leto85

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 10:46:08 AM »
This happens to me, too. My laptop shuts down all the time and if it happens to shut down during when I'm saving the game, that file will not appear in my launcher anymore. I now use the save as button to save and have two separate files for the same game that I switch between every time I save, so if one gets lost I still have the other. :)

A very good function.
Also, don't forget to backup your savefile completely to another part of your computer. If everything get bugged up, you still have the backup.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything