Author Topic: The Exchange  (Read 8838 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: The Exchange
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2011, 08:13:25 AM »
Thanks guys, I came to a conclusion that it's better to stay away from our "beloved" Exchange, because the risk of getting CC (and almost always harmful ones) is there at all times. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

bshag

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 01:16:32 PM »
@ChronicR, that's a good rule to follow.  Over the past couple of years I've come to trust only a handful of creators through reading what fellow simmers have said.  BlueMurder's patterns, paogae and susanna's houses and Rflong's worlds are some of the few I've dl'ed from and have had no problems with whatsoever.  I only go to their studios to dl, never the exchange.  Most trusted creators are the ones who say they have no cc in their file and there's none there...so many people do have and never mention it.

I use only a few clutter and decor items from one site that I trust and then that's compatible with sims3.  No other cc and absolutely no mods, script or core.  I like my game too much and I have enough problems. :P :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 01:25:55 PM »
@ChronicR, that's a good rule to follow.  Over the past couple of years I've come to trust only a handful of creators through reading what fellow simmers have said.  BlueMurder's patterns, paogae and susanna's houses and Rflong's worlds are some of the few I've dl'ed from and have had no problems with whatsoever.  I only go to their studios to dl, never the exchange.  Most trusted creators are the ones who say they have no cc in their file and there's none there...so many people do have and never mention it.

I use only a few clutter and decor items from one site that I trust and then that's compatible with sims3.  No other cc and absolutely no mods, script or core.  I like my game too much and I have enough problems. :P :D

Thanks for the names of trusted creators, Bshag. Apparently that was exactly the reason I started this thread in the first place. :P

Also, mind PMing me the CC site link? :) Thanks!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 01:45:53 AM »
Curtis Paradis has a very nice CC free studio. I downloaded from him many times without the doll or any other glitched or corrupt content. He has his own Youtube channel where he has videos of creating those houses. You can always trust mine too. If I ever use CC it's mostly patterns.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 09:39:01 AM »
Curtis Paradis has a very nice CC free studio. I downloaded from him many times without the doll or any other glitched or corrupt content. He has his own Youtube channel where he has videos of creating those houses. You can always trust mine too. If I ever use CC it's mostly patterns.

Thanks for the link and the description, Jeana. Yeah, I like Curtis, and his YouTube videos too. ;D

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 10:01:15 AM »
Yeah, Curtis makes the most awesome houses! :D

Offline Morbid

• Townie
  • Aäkon Këëtrëh
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 04:56:16 PM »
Chrillsims3 is amazing as well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 04:59:28 PM »
Chrillsims3 is amazing as well.

WOW! I checked out his blog and TS3 site page, and, well, he got some decent (awesome) content there. Thanks Morbid, very much! :)

Offline Morbid

• Townie
  • Aäkon Këëtrëh
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 05:04:14 PM »
No problems, he's my favorite artist. Although his interior design style is a bit too bland for my liking; he never bothers editing the furniture with CAS. But that's it, really, his architectural style is astounding.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 05:05:25 PM »
No problems, he's my favorite artist. Although his interior design style is a bit too bland for my liking; he never bothers editing the furniture with CAS. But that's it, really, his architectural style is astounding.

That doesn't really matter, I do that too, saves time. I also saw he has some CAW worlds. I think that's exactly what I was looking for. ;D

Offline Morbid

• Townie
  • Aäkon Këëtrëh
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2011, 05:08:58 PM »
No, not yet. He's working on one, but he said it'll take him a couple of months more.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 05:19:30 PM »
No, not yet. He's working on one, but he said it'll take him a couple of months more.

Ahh, so that's the case. I saw the pictures only, so that's where I was coming from.

anything