Author Topic: Oh My Ghost! opportunity  (Read 11221 times)

Leto85

Oh My Ghost! opportunity
« on: July 16, 2011, 09:00:25 AM »
I know that once you've fulfilled the Oh My Ghost! opportunity the sim that has completed it can now bring back any ghost to life for I thought $5000,- per spirit. Is it that only that sim can bring back ghost to life, or can every sim that in the family?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Oh My Ghost! oppertunity
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 09:05:12 AM »
It's only an option for that one Sim. For other Sims in the household to be able to resurrect ghosts, they have to get the opportunity and complete it themselves.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

Re: Oh My Ghost! opportunity
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 08:04:04 AM »
Good to know. Thanks.
This actually sounds like a hidden skill now, with the only exeption that the sim who has it needs a building for it to work (science facility) instead of an item.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 09:01:16 AM »
It's not a skill, it's just an unlocked interaction. To be a skill, it would have to evolve into something else, but it doesn't.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 05:48:34 PM »
It's not a skill, it's just an unlocked interaction. To be a skill, it would have to evolve into something else, but it doesn't.

If you mean with evolving; leveling up, tracked or not tracked, than your right.
If not, I highly doubt it.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 05:52:56 PM »
Yes, I meant leveling up, thus unlocking new abilities.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 11:41:41 PM »
How do you get this opportunity? I've never seen it in my game... :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 11:44:28 PM »
Athena, someone needs to die in a household of at least two while you are playing sometime after you will get a call from the science facility to resurrect them.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 11:30:23 AM »
How do you get this opportunity? I've never seen it in my game... :(

This opportunity is a very odd one and has a very unique set of parameters for your sim to qualify for even getting that call.  He or she needs to have a "long term" relationship with a deceased sim of good friends or better, and their gravestone must be available in town somewhere (either in your inventory or the mausoleum in the cemetery).  The higher the better and the longer the better, but it seems that 3 sim weeks is approximately the minimum.  I'm not sure how it keeps track, but apparently it does.

Once you've achieved this, the call can come anywhere between a couple of hours and never.  I've had sims who's spouses through 3 life stages have died of old age and never got the call, and sims who's friends at work died (whom they didn't know as long) and got the call almost instantly.  But, on the bright side:  once you get the call you can bring back any ghost as a playable sim.  It doesn't have to be the sim that helped trigger the opportunity.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Leto85

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 03:50:15 PM »
Right, so this is one ability I will give to my Supersim. He doesn't need a son right away, but he has to build a robot sooner or later anyway to complete the invention challenges. So when that one will die (from old age) I can wait for simweeks to get this ability. I know it's worth it.
Through out my Skills story sims where getting this oppertunity often when a family member died so changes are high my final sim will get it too.

So the relationship has to be optimal? Thanks Hosfac, I will make that happen.