Author Topic: Things that annoy you in the Sims  (Read 455568 times)

Offline bossycarl

• Nooboo
  • Ambitions, Pets, Seasons, and Late Night.
Re: Things that annoy you in the Sims
« Reply #1665 on: July 20, 2014, 12:04:09 AM »
When my sims go to sleep and they still have the "Good Night's Sleep" moodlet.
Bookworm, Computer Whiz, Animal Lover, Loves the
Cold, and Genius are my traits.

Offline strongsoylatte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1666 on: August 01, 2014, 05:39:10 AM »
I was throwing a birthday party for my youngest Sim (Elise) and her grandma (Cara) proceeded to die in the middle of it. Another Sim really needed to go to the bathroom, so I was going to have him do that after the party, but then he started mourning her and wet his pants. It was funny but everyone got mad at him…. XD So they were all grieving and yelling at this guy. I had to mute the sound.

Same thing happened to me! To add to that, the cake sparked a fire and one of the guests caught on fire. So some of the Sims were celebrating, the others were mourning, some were complaining about the mess from the pee, the rest were freaking out from the fire, and some were alternating between the different reactions. Talk about an epic party!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline masyaf123

• Nooboo
« Reply #1667 on: August 01, 2014, 06:52:38 AM »
That horrible, infuriating noise they make when their path is blocked. It makes me so angry.

Offline Kathykins

• Llama Wrangler
    • S & M Builders (TS1)
« Reply #1668 on: August 01, 2014, 10:01:23 AM »
That horrible, infuriating noise they make when their path is blocked. It makes me so angry.

Very much agree. Especially if said sim is a paparazzi trying to get into your house to use the rocking chair or something, and he can't because the door won't allow him inside. They stand like that for hours. Would think they'd get the point a bit sooner?
I wake up every day planning to be productive, but a voice in my head says 'hahaha good one' and we laugh and laugh and take a nap.

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #1669 on: August 01, 2014, 09:02:41 PM »
Very much agree. Especially if said sim is a paparazzi trying to get into your house to use the rocking chair or something, and he can't because the door won't allow him inside. They stand like that for hours. Would think they'd get the point a bit sooner?

Or, when it's a zombie trying to attack the sim inside.
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Offline strongsoylatte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1670 on: August 02, 2014, 09:48:36 AM »
Annoying things happened to my sim today. His energy bar was on the red but I tried to let him finish fixing the shower which has been leaking since before he left for work. Right after it was fixed, I ordered him to go to sleep. So he did the twirl thing and settled into bed and right before he fell asleep, he got up again and passed out!!! He was on the bed already. All that's missing are the ZZZ. But no, he just had to get up ever so slowly, find a nice spot just at the foot of the bed, and pass out! I was so **ed, I let him sleep on the floor.

Also, just a few days before that, his wife walked right into a burning fireplace and died. I clicked on the phone so she would call the fireman and be forced to stay away from the fire but halfway to the phone, she stopped, walked right into the fire, and died. And this sim was supposed to be a genius!

Offline kaylas

• Amateur Food Blogger and Gamer Girl!
  • Townie
« Reply #1671 on: August 07, 2014, 08:18:08 PM »
The Seasons expansion pack.  >:(  The weather annoyed me so much I uninstalled it. I wasn't too attached to the hairstyles and clothes so it was no big deal.

The toddlers and babies are also mildly annoying. Both because you have to wait over them hand and foot. You also have to teach toddlers those skills if you want them to age up well. But they are cute, that I will admit. But because of all that my babies are only babies for 2 days and toddlers 5.

I cannot live without good genes and the Family Oriented trait! I always put spouses in my games. What do they all have in common? Good genes, good traits(Family Oriented), and a doable LTW. I can never understand why townies always have such bad traits!  ??? They do age but they never seem to marry or have kids! I mean, isn't that the point of story progression? I'm always re-seeding towns! Townies also don't usually wear matching clothes. (Thank you very much story progression)

I'm not trying to be shallow about looks, I'm just expressing my opinions.   :)
Traits: Natural Cook, Animal Lover, Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Friendly, Ambitious (From University Degree: Science and Medicine)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thegrandpineapple

• Nooboo
« Reply #1672 on: September 22, 2014, 09:53:27 PM »
I know this is kind of a late post on this thread but I'm really annoyed by the fact that like every sim  my sim talks to seems to get the "I'd like to get to know you better" popup thing when my sim talks to them, with the hearts, and then my sim gets the attractive person moodlet, which I guess is good.  I also really don't like the fact that the whole getting accused of cheating thing happens so randomly. I had a sim, who wanted to get to know my sim better, and he flirted with her, and then asked her on a date, so they go to the place where they're gonna go on the date and they get out of the car and she immediately accuses him of cheating, admittedly he was cheating (he has other romantic interests) but it seemed to random, because he didn't do any actions to provoke getting accused of cheating. I'm not quite sure why she even agreed to go on a date with him if she was just gonna yell at him anyway but what can I say.

Also if I have a sim kiss her boyfriend in the same room as someone she's cheating on him with (I didn't realize he was there) and he comes over an accuses her of cheating shouldn't the boyfriend get betrayed too? Like her relationship with the other guy goes down in the red but then she just keeps making out with her boyfriend even though he was right there when another sim slapped his girlfriend for cheating.

All in All just the whole cheating relationship thing in sims kind of annoys me because it doesn't make sense most of the time. 

I also have a love hate relationship with the inappropriate trait, because i'll leave my sim alone for five seconds and he'll try and kiss someone who he's enemies with. Like I know that some people are socially awkward and do the wrong things but that's kind of taking it to a new level.

Offline kittendog41

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1673 on: September 22, 2014, 10:27:19 PM »
I'm really annoyed by the fact that like every sim  my sim talks to seems to get the "I'd like to get to know you better" popup thing when my sim talks to them, with the hearts, and then my sim gets the attractive person moodlet, which I guess is good.

Same! I have 3 married couples in my neighbourhood and they keep sending eachother's husband/wife love notes -___- so frustrating, because I like to think their relationships are genuine seeing as I put so much time and effort into them lol. I wish those sorts of things could be turned off for married sims, unless they had the 'flirty' trait or I was making them cheat on their spouse anyways. But chances are that if I get 2 sims married it's because I want them to stay together!!

I hate it when I spend so much time building and perfecting a house, only to find that when sims actually live in it there's some sort of glitch in the routing and they walk stupid unnecessary paths to get around the house and can't pick up their toddlers unless I use the cheat to teleport them away from the top of the stairs because that's where they decide to sit while their parents are trying to come pick them up! so frustrating! But thankfully I havn't had that problem in a lil while.

Also, I hate how sometimes things go missing from your inventory or the whole thing just disappears into thin air? the other day my toddler's inventory got wiped and she had all 9 toddler skill books in there. WHY.
~KittenDog~

Offline kittendog41

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1674 on: September 25, 2014, 03:05:03 AM »
Same! I have 3 married couples in my neighbourhood and they keep sending eachother's husband/wife love notes -___-

And what is REALLY annoying me at the moment, is that I started playing a single sim with the 'hopeless romantic' trait, I wanted her to meet someone to flirt with/date and i've been playing her for a good few sim weeks now, she's met people in the neighbourhood and even a bunch of people in Egypt, yet not one single person has been attracted to her yet!!! That is REALLY frustrating to me, because she is the one sim where those sorts of interactions are actually wanted!

I even got her to send someone a love letter, and he replied, but it just said it was drawings of the two of them kissing, and then my sim never heard from him again, it's like grrrrr well that tells me a lot -_- I thought that the hopeless romantic trait would make it easier to find a potential partner!
~KittenDog~

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #1675 on: September 26, 2014, 04:58:05 AM »

I thought that the hopeless romantic trait would make it easier to find a potential partner!

Try her with the Irresistible trait.  The Hopeless Romantic helps her succeed when she tries romantic interactions.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1676 on: October 30, 2014, 02:25:42 PM »
Not sims in general so much as my ID but dang, Gens 4-7 are practically clones of each other, even with one of them being male! And they're not EA pudding-face clones, either. On the one hand, I like it because it is kinda close to real life, where some people just look like their parents, minus a few minor differences. On the other hand, it's annoying because I put all this work into keeping the townie population/unique features alive in this game only to have the same features appear again and again, no matter how unique-looking the spouse is.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #1677 on: October 30, 2014, 06:10:20 PM »
Well, at least they aren't puffing faces right?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1678 on: October 30, 2014, 08:42:42 PM »
Oh, that's worse than my dynasty. Generations 4-6 had the same face that was cloned from their unique-looking dad. The big kicker being that 4 and 5 married two of the best-looking sims in the dynasty and their kids got NONE of those genes. I spent generations trying to preserve one beautiful feature that #5's wife had, and it died right with generation six.

And the mouth they inherited doesn't animate quite right.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1679 on: October 30, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
I was happy when Gen 4 was born because Gen 3's mom was an EA clone (Gen 2 was rather adamant) who passed quite a lot of her clone-i-ness to Gen 3 but after that, it got a little ridiculous. I honestly think my game gave up on combining genes a long time ago. Most of the kids born are palette swaps of one of the parents. Heck, I've got some kids outside the house that look just like their great-grandfather (who looked exactly like his mother who looked exactly like her original townie mother) with a few color changes. I still hold out hope for Gen 8 but not much.

But yes, at least it isn't EA pudding face.

anything