Author Topic: My Sims Can't Get Married  (Read 39142 times)

ChudMacGud

My Sims Can't Get Married
« on: September 11, 2011, 04:18:37 AM »
Okay, I have two Young Adult Sims. They both have very good traits to get married, Hopeless Romantic and family-Oriented. They had the option to propose very early on in the game, after going steady and receiving the Boyfriend/Girlfriend status. However, I chose to ignore it to work on their careers and make them rich first. Now that they are, and have moved into a new house (the old Clique Mansion) I decided that it was time to get them hitched. However, no matter what I do the option to Propose Marriage never comes up anymore. Their relationship bar is all the way up. I have stacked romantic interactions from the moment the Sims have all green until their energy bar gets yellow for a few days at a time, hoping that eventually the option will appear will no success. I am wondering if I have encountered a glitch, or am simply missing something. Like I said, they are Young Adults, Boyfriend/Girlfriend, I have made them do romantic interactions like crazy, and have perfect triats but they still can't propose. Please help.

Chuckles_82

Re: My Sims Can't Get Married
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 04:32:34 AM »
Does their opinion of each other go up to 'extremely irrestistable'? Or does it flick back down? What other romantic socials are available?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 05:52:44 AM »
It needs to say 'Sim A thinks Sim B is extremely irresistible' before you can propose, try for baby or WooHoo.
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 10:31:52 AM »
Are you sure, that by some ridiculous autonomous reason, one of them hadn't gotten into a flirty relationship with an townie? It's probably a stretch but, you never know. GL.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 01:47:34 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, ChudMacGud.

How many Sims live in the house?  If it's full (8 Sims), you won't be able to propose until someone moves out. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

ChudMacGud

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 07:08:03 AM »
Okay, the 2 sims are the only members of the household,  I created both of them. And yes, the short term social status says that they are very alluring and extremely irresistable. I tried taking them out on dates but still no luck. And thanks for the welcome :)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 10:09:24 AM »
When you do the romantic interactions is it always at home? or do you have them go out on a date first?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mailee

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 11:30:39 PM »
Just wanted to throw it out that that if you have 8 Sims living in the house, it will affect you proposing to another Sim. FYI. Hopes this help! :)

anything