Author Topic: Fleas  (Read 45269 times)

jaytea

Fleas
« on: October 24, 2011, 02:11:03 PM »
Can't find any flea powder at the store or a pet bath.  My home is too small for regular bath - any suggestions on how to get rid of fleas??

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Fleas
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 02:12:09 PM »
I would suggest putting a tub in the yard.  A bath in the tub is the only way to get rid of fleas for dogs and cats.  Humans can shower but dogs and cats need to go in the tub.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

jaytea

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 02:14:34 PM »
Thanks you are amazing Ricalynn

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 02:23:03 PM »
Is there a trick to bathing the cat? I could only bathe my cat once and every other time I tried the cat scratched me. So is there a trick or something that I missing out on? Sorry to hijack just thought it was better to put here than to start a new thread for it.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 02:30:49 PM »
The only time, that I noticed, to bathe a cat, is when they have fleas and they sit very still while they are being bathed.  I have not seen an option to bathe them, unless they have fleas, but maybe I have not paid attention. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 02:39:17 PM »
If the cat won't let your Sim give it a bath, the fleas do go away, but your Sim will probably get them. A hot shower gets rid of them, however. I think you get the option to bathe the cat if it hasn't been grooming itself.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 02:40:14 PM »
It's a little off topic but the answer is that you can or else I did it without realizing my cat had fleas.   Is there a way to learn that you have fleas other than seeing them jumping around?   My cat had no moodlet except that he was dirty like a human gets.  So I had my Sim try to bathe him.  He got scratched so then he did the brushing thing, petted him a little bit, gave him a treat and then he got a bath.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rebecca88

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 03:44:34 PM »
The pet bath reward (hygienator) also cures fleas! The animals can take the bath themselves so you don't have to worry about cats who don't want to be washed.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 04:48:21 PM »
The only time, that I noticed, to bathe a cat, is when they have fleas and they sit very still while they are being bathed.  I have not seen an option to bathe them, unless they have fleas, but maybe I have not paid attention. :)

The option was there everytime I click on the tub so I don't think it is only when they have fleas!
It's a little off topic but the answer is that you can or else I did it without realizing my cat had fleas.   Is there a way to learn that you have fleas other than seeing them jumping around?   My cat had no moodlet except that he was dirty like a human gets.  So I had my Sim try to bathe him.  He got scratched so then he did the brushing thing, petted him a little bit, gave him a treat and then he got a bath.

Good idea! Butter him up first then try to bathe him! Never thought of that!
The pet bath reward (hygienator) also cures fleas! The animals can take the bath themselves so you don't have to worry about cats who don't want to be washed.

Thanks! I will check that out although I don't think I had many points for my cat at all! definitely worth checking into though for later when I do!

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 02:52:27 AM »
I think you have to have a good relationship wtih the pet in order to bathe it. If I remember correctly, I had to use my sim that was friends with the dog, rather than her husband whom the dog was not so close to.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 02:22:37 AM »
If you need a good relationship to give them a bath, then I wonder about info that came with the early reports about Pets. One of the bits claimed that it was possible for them to die from fleas. I don't see this brought up yet, but it's possible good old googlebot hasn't caught up with the discussion.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 01:14:18 AM »
Is there anyway to prevent fleas? I wished they had some sort of sim pet "frontline." Is there a LTR for the pet that prevents it? It's a real pain having to wash the dogs all the time..Not to mention my sim!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 01:26:09 AM »
Is there anyway to prevent fleas? I wished they had some sort of sim pet "frontline." Is there a LTR for the pet that prevents it? It's a real pain having to wash the dogs all the time..Not to mention my sim!

No prevention that I know of.  Mine get them even without being exposed to other animals with fleas.  I think they get them just from being outside, just like real life.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 01:28:11 AM »
No prevention that I know of.  Mine get them even without being exposed to other animals with fleas.  I think they get them just from being outside, just like real life.
Yeah same here. Too bad there's no yard treatment plan like in real life too. Haha

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 02:26:09 AM »
My Dog was playing outside with Tris Jade and then the dog caught Fleas whilst I was watching, the fleas spread to Tris. The Dog then ran inside and the cat was infected immediately. I'm glad Tris was the only one at home or I might have had a pandemic, Lol.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything