Author Topic: Problem with Opportunity (Bring relic from China or Egypt)  (Read 7284 times)

KimmieJean

Problem with Opportunity (Bring relic from China or Egypt)
« on: March 22, 2010, 02:51:11 PM »
My sim's daughter, who is in elementary school and on honor roll, received an opportunity to bring in a relic from either China or Egypt.  I thought this would be fun, send mom and daughter on a trip, so I accepted.

When I got them to China, I found that the daughter cannot buy a relic from the store.  OK, so I began thinking she would have to do an adventure.  I clicked on one of those holes in the ground, wall, etc., that lets you find coins and stuff.  She can't even do that.

I tried doing the buydebug cheat but she can't p/u a relic and put it into her inventory, either.

How in the world am I going to get this opportunity completed for her if she can't get the relic?  I haven't ever liked the kids my sims have had but I adore this one for some reason and am going to give her a full life/adventure of her own so I don't want to screw this up!

Has anyone else had this issue with this particular opportunity (or otherwise)?

BTW, I'm new here.  I've been lurking here for a long time and I absolutely love this site and its forums.  It's much more cozy here than at the main site and seems more accessible, in ways.  Anyway, nice to be here!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Problem with Opportunity (Bring relic from China or Egypt)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 05:14:57 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Kimmie! Introduce yourself here if you want - http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,28.0.html

My best advice is to get the parent to go around China or Egypt. There are dig site skattered around in various sites around the map in all locations. Get your sim to click them and excavate, you can find some nice things from them. If it's the girl's inventory that is bugged, you can right-click the opportunity to get rid of it.

This is the main Guide for WA - http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/worldadventures/
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Problem with Opportunity (Bring relic from China or Egypt)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 08:28:03 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, KimmieJean!

Children can't do much when on vacation.  As you discovered, they cannot purchase anything or go on adventures.  For the particular opportunity at school that you mention, the parent will have to do all the work to get the relic and then just give it to the child to take to school.  This can be done by simply dragging the item from the parent's inventory to the picture of the child that's along the left side of your screen.  When I go on adventures, I bring all the relics home and put them in a chest just for things like this.  There are several job and school opportunities that ask for a relic.  If I already have several on hand, I can just put one into the correct inventory and the opportunity is completed, no problem.

I hope this helps you.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything