Author Topic: Grave Stones  (Read 14942 times)

djlee777

Grave Stones
« on: March 12, 2010, 09:50:39 PM »
Is it possible to change the type of grave stone you get in the game?

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
Re: Grave Stones
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 10:24:52 PM »
No, once a person dies, the gravestone or urn that appears will never change. I believe the size of the grave stone you get depends on the sim's total lifetime happiness points when they die, but I can't confirm that.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 10:50:42 PM »
True, you can't change the gravestone.  I thought maybe the size of the gravestone was based on how much money they had, but Lifetime Happiness sounds good, too.  In my 12 generation Legacy family, founders and most of their direct descendants had the largest one.  The in-laws always had the smallest ones.  Many of those I never controlled, but if they contributed to the family legacy they got to be in the family cemetary.  Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think it's likely determined by Lifetime Happiness.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 04:33:57 PM »
Though I've never played The Sims 2, I have talked with people who have and I know for a fact that in Sims 2, it was based off of the happiness points - I believe the highest thing was platinum, but like I said before, I didn't have that game.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 04:45:23 PM »
If your Sim has completed their LTW then I think they are going to have the tall gold, expensive one.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 05:03:39 PM »
I believe I've read somewhere that you need to have collected a certain amount of LTH points in order to get a better gravestone, besides also having your lifetime wish fullfilled.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 05:06:05 PM »
I believe I've read somewhere that you need to have collected a certain amount of LTH points in order to get a better gravestone, besides also having your lifetime wish fullfilled.

Both my Founder and his wife got LTW fufilled and had just under 30000 when they died, so that would make sense -

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

sfsfsfgiants

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 07:46:05 PM »
Would they not add in the rewards that you've bought with your lifetime achievement points?

For example, if two days before you died, you spent loads of points on a reward, and you die with only 5,000 points, will you end up with a crummy grave stone?

If so, that's a bad deal.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 07:49:50 PM »
I'm sure it's based on total points accrued over the lifetime of the Sim.  It wouldn't matter how many you've used up.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 07:53:46 PM »
According to The Sims Wiki:

Small Gravestone – sim dies without completing lifetime wish

Medium Gravestone – sim completes lifetime wish, earns 50,000-150,000 lifetime happiness points

Large Gravestone – sim completes lifetime wish, earns over 150,000 lifetime happiness points

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »
Clarifying TheCub's post: Those are the points collected throughout the sim's life and not what they should have saved when they die.

On a side note: Besides the normal gravestones in the graveyard at the beginning of the game, do sims in uncontrolled households ever get any LTH points and thus better gravestones than the first flat rock thingie? I for one have never seen them get any better.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 09:19:28 PM »
I think I've seen an uncontrolled Sim get a medium size gravestone, but I can't swear to it.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 10:41:31 PM »
Uncontrolled sims can't fulfill wishes (unless you use a mod) so they can only gain happiness points if their mood meter is high. As we all know, uncontrolled sims never seem to take good care of their needs, so their moods are probably never that high. In one of my games Cycl0n3 Sw0rd was an elder and he only had about 2000 happiness points for his whole life. If that's a typical inactive sim, no wonder they don't get better gravestones.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 02:22:48 AM »
Both My Founder and his Wife, did have over 150000 LTHP but they died with 30000 because, I bought things like moodlet manager, body morpher thing, teleporter.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 08:07:20 AM »
Yeah no doubt the gravestone depends on the total collected lifetime points.
Too late, Pam. Too late.

anything