Author Topic: Career Caps and New Digs  (Read 61384 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Career Caps and New Digs
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2012, 03:29:37 PM »
Oh dear. I'm not sure whether I'm clear, so back to the beginning. However, it gives me a chance to improve on my first two weeks.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2012, 04:07:25 PM »
Oh dear. I'm not sure whether I'm clear, so back to the beginning...

Well, don't start start again if you're not clear. Lol. All I did was expand the 4 items per house from Buy mode only items to Buy mode items and anything from a register. That's it. Nothing else.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2012, 04:14:04 PM »
I think I'm clear on it.  It goes like this:  If you buy something from buy mode, register, or Lifetime rewards and you have to place it on your lot to use it, then it must count as one of your 4 items.
If you buy something from the register or Lifetime Reward that doesn't have to get placed on your lot (recipe books, ingredients, etc) then you do not count it as one of your 4 items.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2012, 05:12:38 PM »
I think I'm clear on it.  It goes like this:  If you buy something from buy mode, register, or Lifetime rewards and you have to place it on your lot to use it, then it must count as one of your 4 items.
If you buy something from the register or Lifetime Reward that doesn't have to get placed on your lot (recipe books, ingredients, etc) then you do not count it as one of your 4 items.

Exactly.  :D

Syrcen

« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2012, 07:46:09 AM »
 :-[ I have an overly simple question...
Looking at the (awesome) excel sheet that was put up earlier vs the rules I was left wondering...
Are house values set as the purchase price, or the lot value at the time of sale? Or is it meant to be either/or just be consistent? ???

The rules seem to say end value, but no one commented on the excel using purchase values earlier so I just thought verification might be nice.  If I was calculating the wrong way it  :-X would matter.  If both ways are open for each house just pick one, that is awesome too but a little different.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2012, 09:13:10 AM »
If you're talking about mine, I set it up so that when you move, you record the move-out value of the house you're leaving and the move-in value of the house you're buying, and the last column will do a comparison to make sure the move is valid. The scoring calculation is based on move-out value of all the houses you moved out of, plus the value of the house you live in at game end - the purchase price is only recorded for that comparison, which is really optional if you trust your ability to tell if one number is greater than another and aren't pedantic about your record-keeping.

(And I'm glad you like the spreadsheet. Please remember to clear the sample data before use. :) )
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2012, 10:20:32 AM »
If you're talking about mine, I set it up so that when you move, you record the move-out value of the house you're leaving and the move-in value of the house you're buying, and the last column will do a comparison to make sure the move is valid. The scoring calculation is based on move-out value of all the houses you moved out of, plus the value of the house you live in at game end - the purchase price is only recorded for that comparison, which is really optional if you trust your ability to tell if one number is greater than another and aren't pedantic about your record-keeping.

(And I'm glad you like the spreadsheet. Please remember to clear the sample data before use. :) )

For the first house we move into at the start of the game, do we need to enter the purchase value of that house for week 1 move in?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2012, 10:24:32 AM »
For the first house we move into at the start of the game, do we need to enter the purchase value of that house for week 1 move in?

No. You record the value of the first house when it's time to move to house #2.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2012, 10:27:03 AM »
ah thanks Metro ... the fog has cleared and can move forward this afternoon.. thanks ;D

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2012, 01:09:42 PM »
I'm pretty new at this and at this point I'm halfway through the challenge.
Luckily I kept to placing my 4 items to: regardless where they came from, once they were placed, they were counted.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2012, 04:33:53 AM »

Exactly.  :D

So has there been a shift to a focus on PLACING the items rather than PURCHASING the items? I only ask because:

They would count. You would be buying something so they would have to count.

If you buy anything from the consignment store it still counts against your two per Sim limit.

Buy/Build mode is restricted across the board. I'll clarify that.

Correctly answered above.

Daemo

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2012, 07:50:59 AM »
Yes, its been altered since that Nov. post to the one you posted first.

"I think I'm clear on it.  It goes like this:  If you buy something from buy mode, register, or Lifetime rewards and you have to place it on your lot to use it, then it must count as one of your 4 items.
If you buy something from the register or Lifetime Reward that doesn't have to get placed on your lot (recipe books, ingredients, etc) then you do not count it as one of your 4 items."

Offline Simbla

• Nooboo
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
"You can only move if one of your Sims reaches lvl 10 in a standard rabbit-hole career, self-employment career, or a profession."

Can you only move at the moment the Sim reaches lvl 10? Or is it allowed to start the next career and collect the careers =  allowed moves for a later time?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2012, 10:05:06 AM »
Can you only move at the moment the Sim reaches lvl 10? Or is it allowed to start the next career and collect the careers =  allowed moves for a later time?

Yes, that's fine. There's no time limit for when you have to move.

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2012, 11:05:02 AM »
So I'm done. This was hard. 'Mini and Maxi Time' started out slow and then things went well for a while until tragedy struck on my part. I made some mistakes but better luck next time.

lynyeld                  299926      x       1.3        =        389903                                       

anything