Author Topic: Career Caps and New Digs  (Read 61756 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Career Caps and New Digs
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2012, 08:43:30 AM »
Metro,Mariant's score has disappeared from the leader board.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2012, 09:20:41 AM »
Metro,Mariant's score has disappeared from the leader board.

Rachel

Yes, unfortunately she unknowingly broke a couple rules and she brought this to my attention via PM, so her attempt needed to be removed. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2012, 09:31:54 AM »
Oh that is a shame.

Rachel                 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »
Yeah, I had too large a garden. Bummer, but it was still a great challenge and I had fun doing it. I think I know how drift9999 got his score, but am looking forward to hearing his strategy.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2012, 05:21:05 PM »
I misunderstood the gardening rule, I thought you could plant seeds you found, just not buy produce to jump start a garden, oops.  I'm two Sim days from finishing too, oh well, I did so many new things, it was still a very fun challenge.  I did try pretty hard, can I get a DNF on the scoreboard maybe, I was hoping to enter all the challenges this year :D Oh, and unicorns are awesome!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #170 on: February 01, 2012, 05:49:49 PM »
Yippee, I finished another challenge :D

Total House Values = 1,075,319
Total Career Caps (11) = multiplier of 2.1
Final Score = 2,258,169
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Chuckles_82

« Reply #171 on: February 01, 2012, 06:38:32 PM »
Quote from: cathyknits on 03-11-2011, 02:14:04

Just to make sure I'm clear on a couple things:
1) "Nothing in any house or on any lot can be changed/moved with the exception of the two items each Sim can buy." implies that sculptures, paintings, inventions, and books created by the sims must be either sold immediately or placed in inventory rather than placed in the house - or does it rule out those skills altogether? Likewise, is the Gardening skill therefore off limits?

No, you can definitely do thing like painting, sculpting, inventing, writing, etc — but none of the end products can be placed in your home or left in your home. They all need to be sold. Otherwise, you'd be violating the "changing" of the house/lot rule. What I'm trying to force players to do is deal with whatever a house/lot has initially and not make any changes at all (except for the 2 allotted items bought).

Could the confusion about gardening have come from the response to this question on page 1? It seems a little unfair when there has been a complete flip-flop on some of the rules. I haven't finished testing yet - so thankfully I'm not affected. The response seems to suggest (at least, to me) it would be ok to have a garden, but then sell the plants before you leave.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2012, 06:53:51 PM »
I understand that Gardening is allowed, but each plant counts as an item against your limit. So the maximum amount of plants in any one house is four.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2012, 04:48:11 AM »
To be honest I had thought that having a garden was fine so long as you only grew things from your original four items. Say an apple tree,tomato plant,grape vine and omni plant. Obviously you would end up with more then four items of produce.

. In much the same way that you only buy one easel but can sell any number of paintings produced.

Luckily for me I am only about two weeks into the challenge and haven't started a garden of any description.

Rachel

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2012, 07:22:58 AM »
I understand that Gardening is allowed, but each plant counts as an item against your limit. So the maximum amount of plants in any one house is four.

To be honest I had thought that having a garden was fine so long as you only grew things from your original four items. Say an apple tree,tomato plant,grape vine and omni plant. Obviously you would end up with more then four items of produce.

. In much the same way that you only buy one easel but can sell any number of paintings produced.

Yep. You guys understand it perfectly. I'm really sorry that gardening has caused so much confusion for some. I do not know what to say at this point.  :-\

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2012, 08:43:08 AM »
Yep. You guys understand it perfectly. I'm really sorry that gardening has caused so much confusion for some. I do not know what to say at this point.  :-\
Couldn't you allow a restart for the (few) players who have been confused? After all, it's a matter of confusion and not cheating... Mercy for the confused challengers ;)
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #176 on: February 02, 2012, 08:57:54 AM »
Couldn't you allow a restart for the (few) players who have been confused? After all, it's a matter of confusion and not cheating... Mercy for the confused challengers ;)

Absolutely. Excellent suggestion. Unfortunately I cannot extend the ending date, but if anyone has misunderstood the rules (namely gardening) you can have one do over.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #177 on: February 02, 2012, 09:09:49 AM »
Thanks for them! I've just checked and there is still 25 days left to (re-)play this challenge.
Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Jazzie

« Reply #178 on: February 02, 2012, 09:31:02 AM »
Finally finished this challenge.

My two Sims finished a total of 9 careers:  1.90
Total value of all homes:                            1,311,917

Total Score:               1.90 x 1,311,917 = 2,492,642

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #179 on: February 02, 2012, 10:46:24 AM »
A hearty thank-you! And, thank-you, BellaClo, for making the suggestion. My first thought was, "Do I really want to go through this challenge again?" but it was the most enjoyable, so....Yes!

However, this does mean that I'll have had the benefit of an extra practice game. I doubt I'll equal drift's total, but I should be able to come up with a higher score than my first. (Then again, a meteor could hit or someone could electrocute himself.) If this is a problem, let me know.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.