Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 357771 times)

Offline StarryEyedDreamer

• Nooboo
    • My Sims 3 Page
Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #750 on: August 05, 2012, 06:53:02 PM »
*Also posted in Exploring Union Cove*

I must say, this world is GORGEOUS!

I relocated Agnes Crumplebottom to Union Cove and decided she needed some love in her life. I went with Barnabas Collins (Dark Shadows 2012 version).

Here they are gazing at the stars (not yet together)

Agnes is clearly smitten after being asked to go steady ^_^

My simself's victorian re-located to Union Cove...with the creepy ice cream truck moseying over. Moved the "Character" house to a new location.

View from my back yard! You can see the gardens/ruins to the right. :)

Off saving Zelda *again*

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #751 on: August 06, 2012, 03:57:49 AM »
Currently it isn't planned simply because of how large the world is and constant upgrades take time and can cause problems. That isn't set in stone though but like I say currently there are no plans to keep updating, we settled for just updating for Showtime since it required a few new Lots. Whereas not all EPs will provide additional lots.
It's been announced that Seasons is coming out with several new lots. Of course, the player can always manually place those.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline robbo316

• Nooboo
« Reply #752 on: August 08, 2012, 09:51:23 AM »
Slight problem with this. I thought I'd get my my sim to go and buy some books, and some groceries. And I can't! There is the center park stores, but I can't use them. I do have all ep's and sp's except for the latest ones (Katy Perry, who I even had to look up on the internet to find out who she was!, and Diesel.) Can I really not go anywhere in UC to buy anything? Seems a little silly to me.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #753 on: August 08, 2012, 12:09:51 PM »
Slight problem with this. I thought I'd get my my sim to go and buy some books, and some groceries. And I can't! There is the center park stores, but I can't use them. I do have all ep's and sp's except for the latest ones (Katy Perry, who I even had to look up on the internet to find out who she was!, and Diesel.) Can I really not go anywhere in UC to buy anything? Seems a little silly to me.

You say the rabbit holes are there but you can't use them? If so then it's clearly a bug and was not intended to be like that. Try replacing the broken Rabbit Holes through Edit Town.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline robbo316

• Nooboo
« Reply #754 on: August 08, 2012, 03:30:47 PM »
Problem is, it seems to be the grocery store and bookstore on one lot, which stops them from working. I'll have to play around with it.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #755 on: August 08, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »
I don't see how that would cause a problem considering in SV there is the grocery store, theatre and book store on one lot.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #756 on: August 08, 2012, 05:25:52 PM »

Ah, thank you kindly for your response :)

Is there a certain lot that you can think of that would fit the campground or wedding arch without looking cluttered or would I need to buy one of the cheap lots and decorate?

Also, is there an album that contains Union Cove pictures or anything? I absolutely love pictures ;D

A good place for a wedding is by the lake.  Also, there is an empty 50x50 lot that could be transformed into a campground or wedding chapel area.  Agnezawars has a really lovely wedding chapel that has everything a bride and groom could want, including a place for that honeymoon first night.  It can be found here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5883700  Her chapel does not require a huge lot.  I think it is on 30x30 but won't swear to that. 

I would love to see a campground at that lake, but as Tom said, the more changes you make the more problems you run into.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #757 on: August 09, 2012, 03:54:49 PM »
I don't see how that would cause a problem considering in SV there is the grocery store, theatre and book store on one lot.

Wasn't there a bug that you can't buy groceries when you have certain items in your inventory?
I don't remember exactly how it was, maybe someone can help me refresh my memory :)

It can be found here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5883700  Her chapel does not require a huge lot.  I think it is on 30x30 but won't swear to that. 

It sounds lovely and I would love to try it... Hate it when the Sims 3 website is down... again...
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #758 on: August 10, 2012, 04:12:18 AM »
Wasn't there a bug that you can't buy groceries when you have certain items in your inventory?
I don't remember exactly how it was, maybe someone can help me refresh my memory :)

It sounds lovely and I would love to try it... Hate it when the Sims 3 website is down... again...

Think it was special seeds in inventory that were causing that bug. Robbo, have you tried clicking on rabbitholes and you have no options or problem is in something else?

Lake/waterfall lot is quite suitable but also laud lot, and there is Pier and the beach for more eventfull wedding places, but even the art gallery can be very interesting and beautiful place for that. It mostly depends on personal wishes and taste and thankfully Union Cove is full of wonderful lots and sights for that special day :)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #759 on: August 10, 2012, 04:01:39 PM »
Exactly what will be missing if I lack Late Night & Pets, plus the Town Life and Outdoor living?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #760 on: August 10, 2012, 04:40:56 PM »
A lot of the community lots use LN content as well as the modern buildings. The farm and more rural homes are the main areas for Pets content. Town Life wasn't used as much but it may have bits in. When I played without it I didn't notice anything missing. OLs is similar to TLs, it was an older SP so it will have been used more but it's merely cosmetic additions really. I would say that the main expansions in this world would be WA, LN and possibly Ambitions.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #761 on: August 10, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »
So I'll have to edit all the lots to use stuff that I have in my game?

Fausta Legacy

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #762 on: August 10, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »
So I'll have to edit all the lots to use stuff that I have in my game?

No, it will all be replaced with something you do have by the game.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #763 on: August 10, 2012, 07:18:06 PM »
Union Cove appears as downloaded in my launcher, but my launcher refuses to install it, is there somethign about me not having all the EP's?

Fausta Legacy

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #764 on: August 10, 2012, 07:37:31 PM »
Union Cove appears as downloaded in my launcher, but my launcher refuses to install it, is there somethign about me not having all the EP's?

Yes, you have to download the Save File instead.

anything