I thought it would be a good idea if we could have one thread where people can look for different modders that are trustworthy and keep their mods updated. Obviously, the NRaas mods
are very popular (for good reason, of course), but there are many other trustworthy modders out there. If you are concerned about conflicts
, see this thread: Tips for keeping your mods organized and avoiding conflicts
And now, in no particular order, I give you a list of modders that I recommend.Buzzler
Buzzler writes primarily scripting mods, which have no known conflicts as of yet. His mods are hosted at ModTheSims and he makes sure they remain compatible with every new patch. Some of Buzzler's mods are:
- Builder Stuff - A compilation of mods that mostly affect building. These mods include Autoroof Disabler, Build/Buy Restriction Choker, Auto Railing Disabler, and more.
- Scribbling Pad - Scripted object which allows sims to purchase and use the "homework" notepad to write books. Great for your technophobes that would like to be a writer.
- Moar Interactions - Adds new interactions, or in some cases fixes existing interactions.
- Same Energy Gain for Every Bed - This is a scripting mod which allows you to set the energy gain multiplier for all beds in your current game
- Mood Hotfix - Fixes mood bugs.
- Excavation Site Hotfix - Fixes issues with excavation
See Buzzler's profile at ModTheSims
for more of his mods.Shimrod
Shimrod makes XML/Tuning mods for the Sims 3 and for the Sims Medieval. His mods arehosted at Gnaughty Li'l Gnomes
. Shimrod has many different XML/Tuning mods which he keeps updated for the most recent patch level. Here are some of his most popular mods:
- XML Story Progression - EA's Story Progression, but with tweaks to remove Vampires, Celebrities, and Emigration. If you just want to use EA StoryProgression, but without all the Vampires and Celebrities, check this one out. It's also a good alternative to those who have trouble running the more intensive Story Progression mods.
- 'Ask If Single' is Friendly, also 'Ask Sign' - Not yet updated for 1.31 (he has a lot of mods to update!), this mod moves te Ask if Single and Ask Sign interactions to the Friendly menu, so your sims.
- Memories Disabled - Disables all memories. If you don't want to use NRaas MasterController, you can use this mod to disable memories
Visit Shimrod's site for more of his mods.Twoftmama and bluegenjutsu at Simsasylum.com
These two tireless XML modders are very dedicated to their mods and keep them updated at all times. They also take requests. You must register at the SimsAsylum
to download their mods. Some of their mods include:
- No Route Fail and No Foot Tapping Animations Mods (bluegenjutsu)
- Buyable WA, LN and Barnacle Bay Mailboxes (bluegenjutsu)
- No Auto Placement of Community Lots in EA Worlds (requires Ambitions and/or Pets EPs) (bluegenjutsu)
- Shut The Flock Up - Silences annoying sounds (Twoftmama)
- Daywalkers - Your vampires can stay in the sun longer. (Twoftmama)
- Bake Sale Table - Helps your sims actually sell stuff with their bake sales (Twoftmama)
There are tons more mods over at the forums
, which is family friendly. In fact, Twoftmama's own son uses and posts at the SimsAsylum.VelocitygrassVelocitygrass
has a variety of mods at MTS which can help make your game more enjoyable.
Others recommendladypeita's recommendationswednesday21's recommendations
There are many more talented and dedicated creators out there, so if you have a recommendation, do share!