Author Topic: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack  (Read 88942 times)

loveSims

The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2012, 02:41:17 AM »
Lol if I don't buy it, I will wonder what I miss out on.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2012, 08:25:49 AM »
It might look nice Jeana, but it's a lot of money. I really don't have that amount of money, hence why I tend to wait months and months before getting the latest EPs and SPs - I'll be getting MSS and Showtime in August. Initially, I was going to get this along with it, and I still think I'll get it despite the stuff looking horrid, but I'll be waiting for the price to be lowered to something like £15-£20 on Amazon. I've got to say.. The cupcake guitar on those pictures looks so babyish and just.. A bit silly. Did Katy Perry run out of ideas? It barely looks like a guitar..

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2012, 08:35:44 AM »
To me, this looks like absolute garbage. I can not think of 1 reason I would want to own a candy bed or chair or whatever. The lots look sloppy. And if it costs 40$... I might as well just get Master Suite.

I had to laugh when I read this. Have you seen the LGR review of MSS?  It's hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZG9KI-7o4o

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2012, 08:39:29 AM »
RunAmok, I think that is the best review I have ever seen! ;D

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2012, 09:06:50 AM »
RunAmok, I think that is the best review I have ever seen! ;D

I love his reviews. I should really learn not to buy any EP or SP before I see the review. I can't wait to see what is said about this Katy Perry pack.

I have to agree with something he said, what about a low class or hobo stuff pack?

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2012, 04:00:13 PM »
I've got to say.. The cupcake guitar on those pictures looks so babyish and just.. A bit silly. Did Katy Perry run out of ideas? It barely looks like a guitar..

That's why I like them! I like them because they're so silly!

On the too expensive part. Don't feel bad, I can't afford Showtime right now either. Usually I'm all over an EP right away, but since I have bills to pay, and my sister took my debit card and spent frivolous amount of money like it's water, I'm suffering for it, and won't be able to afford any TS3 add on's right away. I'll defiantly be all over this stuff pack, just won't be buying it on a whim!

I still wish EA could give us Charlie Sheen items. Maybe they should give us a special Charlie Sheen wardrobe, with free Fiat items. I don't know about the rest of my city, but Charlie Sheen in TS3 sounds right up my alley! ;D

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2012, 04:08:08 PM »
I'll admit, the thought of you putting all these candy-themed items in the same household as Charlie Sheen really makes me smile, Jeana! ;D

I suppose we could look at it this way: Maybe this Stuff Pack could be thought of as like, an insane/childish sim themed stuff pack? I've got a sneaky suspicion the extra price is due to KP's involvement and nothing else, but hopefully I'll be proved wrong. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2012, 04:11:08 PM »
Hmmm, an Insane/Childish appealing stuff pack, sound like a very appropriate description! So that statement explains, why I'd be all over this, as Childish is one of my five traits.  ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2012, 04:23:34 PM »
For me it looks tacky and so far a waste of money. This sort of stuff just doesn't work it for me in Sims, sorry Jeana. :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2012, 04:26:52 PM »
For me it looks tacky and so far a waste of money. This sort of stuff just doesn't work it for me in Sims, sorry Jeana. :P

Oh come on, doesn't Tristan Jade long for a cupcake bed and strawberry sofas? ;)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2012, 04:36:13 PM »
He's not that extreme, he's more into acquired mix-match of random colour-coded furnishings. ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2012, 04:40:34 PM »
I can see the Hart family with this set! Gus and Dorie are both insane and childish! I also may redecorate Union Cove with this stuff pack! I can see Hebe Smith, Charlie Sheen, my Sim-Self and the Dollhouse enjoying this stuff pack!

Besides, I said it before and I'll say it again, Sims is suppose to have this sort of theme, somewhere! If everything in the game were more realistic, it would simply be boring! Yes this is a life simulator but even with this life simulation game, the realistic elements should be stripped down to the basics. If I wanted a more realistic world, I'd be using all those Barbie-like creepy skins and eyes that make a Sim look more human.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2012, 06:13:38 PM »
I've got a sneaky suspicion the extra price is due to KP's involvement and nothing else, but hopefully I'll be proved wrong. :)

For me it looks tacky and so far a waste of money. This sort of stuff just doesn't work it for me in Sims.

I would place my opinion in the exact middle of these two. Out of the extra $20, I'm pretty sure $10 goes straight to KP and the other $10 is what EA thinks three venues are worth. Aside from these extra charges, I'm assuming the amount of objects will be right around normal for an SP. This makes me want to believe that this SP would be a huge waste of money for me, especially because I don't see any items that I particularly like.

Also, why in the world has EA not announced this yet? Clearly it's going to be something what with all the screenshots, description, and internet listings. And if it wasn't real, I imagine EA would have quelled the rumors a long time ago. Hopefully, if anything, they're still negotiating the price.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »
I really can't wait for phreakindee's review on this potential SP.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2012, 06:48:56 PM »
That's why I like them! I like them because they're so silly!

On the too expensive part. Don't feel bad, I can't afford Showtime right now either. Usually I'm all over an EP right away, but since I have bills to pay, and my sister took my debit card and spent frivolous amount of money like it's water, I'm suffering for it, and won't be able to afford any TS3 add on's right away. I'll defiantly be all over this stuff pack, just won't be buying it on a whim!

I still wish EA could give us Charlie Sheen items. Maybe they should give us a special Charlie Sheen wardrobe, with free Fiat items. I don't know about the rest of my city, but Charlie Sheen in TS3 sounds right up my alley! ;D

I don't know if this helps at all but Showtime is already on sale for 15.00 less on Amazon  in the US.