Author Topic: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack  (Read 88991 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack
« Reply #375 on: April 21, 2012, 05:10:16 PM »
There were people on the forum that got the Katy Perry items from the $10 bundle.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #376 on: April 21, 2012, 05:24:51 PM »
I think it's cute. It reminds me a bit of the TS2 whimsical objects TS3 was lacking. I don't like a serious game in Sims because I think it's a little boring. To be honest, in a constructive way, I feel like TS3 itself was beginning to get a little too realistic for my liking until I got to control my pets, and buy the cowplant at the TS3 store!

So I think EA is smart. I mean, if we had the same old stuff, it would be simply boring. And what's the point of Sims 3, if we keep expecting EA to do the same thing over and over again? This isn't the Facebook timeline where were all being forced into it. What if TS3 was the same graphics, concept, and special guest/celebrity from TS1? Wouldn't you get bored with it? Think about it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #377 on: April 21, 2012, 05:38:27 PM »
The point isn't that it's unrealistic, and none of us are asking for a repeat of Expansions and Stuff packs that we have already had. We want new stuff, just not this new stuff.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #378 on: April 21, 2012, 05:49:08 PM »
There were people on the forum that got the Katy Perry items from the $10 bundle.

Oh, I must have misunderstood how it looked at the store. I saw the label above the $60 one so I thought it only applied to that one.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #379 on: April 21, 2012, 05:50:53 PM »
The point isn't that it's unrealistic, and none of us are asking for a repeat of Expansions and Stuff packs that we have already had. We want new stuff, just not this new stuff.

Yes. I feel as if we need a new theme or style incorporated within Sims, besides fame and frivolious stuff.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #380 on: April 23, 2012, 11:27:46 AM »
Jeana, it just comes down to personal taste.  :) I don't like this, for me this stuff would make my game feel ridiculous, for that reason, and the price! I'm not buying it.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #381 on: April 23, 2012, 03:11:49 PM »
I can agree. My (personal) opinion is that it sort of reminds me of some of the TS2 furniture and objects, and that the endorsement is no different than IKEA or H&M. I think it will go nicely with the future fantasy pack as well. Maybe not to some people, but whether you like or agree with me or not, I'm sure my opinion will give you a point where I'm coming from. And Rflong7 plans on using this for her cake world. So I think it's all coming down to personal tastes, and what uses people will find for it. I personally find use for it as a possible world for Rflong7 created worlds, Hidden Springs, and a future fantasy EP.

And Katy Perry's teenage dream wasn't all candy themed. The One That Got away, for one, really doesn't fit with this EP. (ET) Futuristic Lover, could appropriately serve for Lunar Lakes. So I respect everyone's personal opinion, whether you don't see using it or not, but if you think about it, it really kind of goes with HS, or a future fantasy EP.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #382 on: April 23, 2012, 03:14:40 PM »
I find it annoying as I won't buy it but people will make really good houses using it but I won't be able to download them since I don't have the stuff pack! Argh!  >:(

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #383 on: April 23, 2012, 03:27:22 PM »
You guys don't have to buy it, if you still want it for the sake of adding collections. You can simply get it for free, when EA offers another one of their BOGO deals, next EP preorder.  ;)

PS: I didn't imply anything illegal. I said, get it for free when the next BOGO deal comes, so if you don't like it 100%, you wouldn't have wasted your money, because you got it for free off of EA.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #384 on: April 23, 2012, 04:35:02 PM »
I'm getting Master Suite Stuff with a tenner that someone gave me as a gift, so now I just need to persuade my friend who was to get me MSS to get me something else, or this SP. I'm going to have a tough time persuading him to spend money on this. ;D I don't know if this will be featured in the get-it-free-with-an-EP offer because it's charged at a higher price, and EA won't include something of a higher price to a normal SP there?? Will they? ???

Anyway, it's looking like I'll actually have to treck along to Gamestation and purchase this, not only at full price but in public as well. Oh, sims addiction, what do I do for you? ::)

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #385 on: April 23, 2012, 04:46:20 PM »
What about like you said, asking it for a gift? It's more money saving, and you can get it for free, but it wouldn't be illegal, or pirated. (Still, the other person paid for it). Or, asking for others' feedback before deciding for yourself?

If you really truly don't like it but end up with a copy anyways, then you can give it to a friend that would honestly enjoy it, but didn't want to pay full price.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #386 on: April 23, 2012, 04:50:19 PM »
What about like you said, asking it for a gift? It's more money saving, and you can get it for free, but it wouldn't be illegal, or pirated. (Still, the other person paid for it). Or, asking for others' feedback before deciding for yourself?

If you really truly don't like it but end up with a copy anyways, then you can give it to a friend that would honestly enjoy it, but didn't want to pay full price.

Well, that was the original plan. :P My best friend was going to get me MSS for my birthday, but now that I'm getting that SP with my own money, I'll see if I can persuade him to get me this. If not, I'll be fine getting it myself, it'll just be a tad annoying. :P The alternative would just be waiting it out until Amazon reduce it, so I'd wait till Christmas to get it, which is fine for me as well because the next EP will be out by then and I'd get both. :)

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #387 on: April 23, 2012, 05:25:03 PM »
I find it annoying as I won't buy it but people will make really good houses using it but I won't be able to download them since I don't have the stuff pack! Argh!  >:(

I wouldn't say houses, but candy shops with those items. lol.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #388 on: April 24, 2012, 07:22:24 AM »
Jeana, it just comes down to personal taste.  :) I don't like this, for me this stuff would make my game feel ridiculous, for that reason, and the price! I'm not buying it.

I have to agree with you. The one difference is that it wouldn't matter to me if it were free. I'd still pass on it.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #389 on: April 24, 2012, 11:53:49 AM »
I have to agree with you. The one difference is that it wouldn't matter to me if it were free. I'd still pass on it.

Haha, I'd do the same but the price just makes the ridiculous items seem even more ridiculous, Lol.  8)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything