Author Topic: Right/wrong time to move?  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Right/wrong time to move?
« on: March 24, 2012, 12:52:20 PM »
My sim is getting quite involved with her boyfriend.  Pretty soon she will pop the question and I am pretty sure of the answer. 

What has me wondering, I want to start a family and although the house she is in has two bedrooms, I was thinking of moving. 
Is there a wrong time to move?

As an artist, she is making quite a bit of money.  I totaled the paintings she has hanging on her walls and they are almost $40000.  She now get from $500 to 4,000 a painting.  Along with the $52,000 she has in her account, and the value of her home, she can well afford to move to a nicer home. 
Another question, should she take some of her furnishings? 

I wish we could see the inside of the homes, it would help in making a choice. 

Offline birdy

• Llama Wrangler
Re: right/wrong time to move?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 01:21:32 PM »
You CAN see the inside of a home! ;) When you use the cell phone to have them move, you then choose a house in the neighborhood. Then, on the menu screen where you choose who's moving and who's the active family and what-not, there's a little picture of the house you picked. In the upper right-hand corner is a magnifying glass. Click that and you can preview the house. If you don't like it, just click cancel and start the process over.

You can also preview houses in Edit Town mode by clicking the build icon.

I would bring furnishings, personally. It costs less to move in if you do that—unless you're buying the house furnished.

Make sure you pack all her paintings!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 01:57:32 PM »
Amazing! Four years of playing and I didnt even knew this.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 04:43:14 PM »
I didn't know either! Can't wait to check it out.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 04:57:48 PM »
I knew about the edit town preview; but, nmagnifying previewot the not the other. Good to know.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Right/wrong time to move?
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 08:26:13 PM »
The magnifying glass preview only works at the start of the game when you're moving your Sim into his/her first house.  It's not available when you're moving from one house to another.

Is there a wrong time to move?

If your Sim has the money, there's really not a wrong time to move.  The bills will be higher in a more expensive house, but other than that, it's just a one time purchase.  Another thing to consider is that if your Sim's boyfriend lives in a house in town, you will have the choice of moving to his house at the time of the marriage.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

loveSims

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 09:12:29 PM »
When I wnat to know how a empty house look inside, I sent my sim to the house and select look in window. I pause the game and can view the whole house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 09:47:21 AM »
Well, my sim proposed and he was like a kid, jumping up down.  Nice birthday gift for her.

I had looked inside the houses as best as I could, was able to get some ideas, but very little.

The house I had been really interested in must have been sold.  It is no longer showing up as a house for sale.

I think I will find land and build, not ready to try two stories, so want plenty of land. 
But those questions that I have will go to another sections, the building one. 

As for where he lived and what he has; the info about him stated his mother died and he moved into an empty firehouse.   His dream has been to work in a way to help people. 

The thing that has me curious is that when he showed up to visit I could see him pull in front of the house driving a red truck.  And he took her somewhere and was in a red truck.
But it isn't anywhere around now.  Did he lose it?
He recieved a promotion and raise and it shows him having a police car now, could that be it?

I always preview, but I think hubby is sharing his flu and so I may miss mistakes, please overlook them. 

loveSims

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 11:36:53 AM »
Does your sim work as a police officer? He will get a police car when he got a promotion, but now I can't remember wich level.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 12:01:34 PM »
He was promoted to lieutentant.  Now is in charge of some team doing something, don't remember exactly what. 

I guess it was a good thing that the previous house was sold, there is a new one on the market that is even better.  Cost more, but if she sells a lot of her paintings she can buy it. 

loveSims

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 12:18:55 PM »
If you really want a house, you can move the townies out on edit town. They will be on the clipboard and you can move them from there into another house or you can delete them. The house you want will be empty.

anything