Author Topic: Not going to work bug?  (Read 19076 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Not going to work bug?
« on: March 11, 2010, 10:06:56 PM »
So I've been playing a lot more lately (thanks to challenges) and have been noticing a lot of things I hadn't before. Some appear to be bugs, others are just quirky things that are amusing.. this one I would call a bug.
I have a sim who is in the criminal career (currently level eight) Anyway, I've noticed at times he doesn't go to work when he should, but it doesn't come up that he is missing work. When I look at his work tab, it usually says he is due to start in a days time. Once I thought it was due to the fact he had just received a promotion and somehow had scored a day off, other times it was just after he had returned from a holiday (which still seemed to be a bug to me) But this last time definitely falls under bugs.
My guy currently works from 9pm to 2am on Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. So Tuesday evening I look and see he is to start work in about 3 hours. I send him to nap on the couch because his energy is down a fraction (everything else is practically full) Then I notice that it's about 5 to 9 and the carpool hasn't come or even mentioned that it will come. Then as the clock ticked over to 9 o'clock, the time he was due to start work changed from in 1 hour to in 23 hours. The thing is, that would be 9pm on Wednesday and he doesn't even work on Wednesday! When I've noticed that he hasn't gone to work, I've tried to send him, but it just says that it's not his work hours. Normally, I probably wouldn't think this too big a deal, but hey, it's my career challenge guy and I really need him to go to work every day!

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline DLSpurlock

• Llama Wrangler
Re: not going to work bug?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 10:26:42 PM »
I have noticed that whenever your sim has a career where the work hours run late into the night and they earn a promotion, if the next day is a work day it gets skipped. It can be confusing, but I have learned to anticipate it and plan my sim's day accordingly.

Dave

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 10:31:58 PM »
Well, I had thought it may have been to do with promotions, but now it says he is to start in 23 hours (on Wednesday), yet it also says he doesn't work Wednesdays.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 10:34:04 PM »
I've seen this same thing happen, too.  Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix it. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 11:05:10 PM »
Well, that answered my question, was going to ask if anyone else had that problem, only thing is, my guy was getting ready to be promoted and that happened, he is also in the criminal field.  Waited and waited for the carpool, then it said work in 1 more day, except he has the next two days off.  Interesting. ???
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 02:39:52 AM »
There was a bug, where the warehouse gets stormed and no-one can enter it for ages? If not I suggest a different career, Law Enforcement actually has pretty similar skill requirements, I think.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

bshag

Re: Not going to work bug?
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 12:08:43 PM »
The same thing has happened to me also.  Pretty sure it's a bug but it only seems to happen to my sims who are master thieves.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 01:33:01 PM »
I don't think it's a bug.  I think that if you get promoted within a certain time of your next shift that you end up skipping that shift.  I'm sure there's a set time frame in the code, like 12 hours or something.  My guess is that it happens most often in the criminal track because most of those are night shifts and the promotions happen too closely to the beginning of the next day.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 02:57:14 PM »
Can't you tell your sims to go to work in the artificial way?
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 03:09:07 PM »
Can't you tell your sims to go to work in the artificial way?

If you mean clicking on the "Go To Work" button, it won't work in these situations.  I don't know if it's a bug or what.  Sometimes it coincides with a promotion and schedule change, but sometimes I just can't figure out what the deal is.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 03:28:00 PM »
Maybe it would be quicker to quit and try again?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

purplepanther101

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 10:42:10 PM »
sometimes your sim will get random days off if you have the "vacationer" lifetime reward. You get no warning, and everything is normal until you have to go to work, when the time switches from 1 hour to 23 hours. Pretty annoying to say the least, especially if you're trying to get promoted and you don't go to work for another 2 days, but what can you do?  :-\

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 10:55:28 PM »
That's interesting about the Vacationer reward.  I don't think I've ever gotten that one and had no idea what it really does.  And the weird schedule thing has happened to me several times, so that's not what would be causing it.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 12:19:36 AM »
I've read the entry here in the guide about what the vacationer reward does and it doesn't impress me, so I've never taken that reward myself, so I'm the same as Pam.. it can't be for that reason we have missed days.
As for quitting and starting again. It's my challenge game so I'm not going to restart. I could just get him to change jobs, but he's at level 8, so I'll probably just stick it out for the next 2 levels (hopefully it won't take as long as a new career path would have taken lol)
It's certainly something I'll remember for future play  :)

Norma

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 03:23:17 AM »
Yeah I had really hoped vacationer would let me skip work sometimes without job performance going down. The randomness there is crap. You think the carpool is coming so the Sim goes through the entire morning routine to find they don't even go in?

anything