Author Topic: Inventing  (Read 58010 times)

Leto85

Inventing
« on: May 31, 2010, 05:44:40 PM »
Welcome to the Inventing topic, which will cover the new skill Inventing from Ambitions. I am about to gather information about the time machine in The Sims 3 Ambitions, but besides that there are a lot of more inventions that can be made in-game. And I wouldn't be surprised if some inventions can work together or are compatible. That's why I have called this topic Inventing, instead of Time Machine. Please put your inventing discoveries here.

A few tips for your inventing sims: Combine inventing with logic and handiness and go up the scientific ladder to get a sim who is not only smart, but also handy in upgrading his or her own inventions and making a scientific experiment on it.

Offline dannyr783

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Inventing
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »
Inventing is not really what it is lived up to be  :'(

The problem with it is that there are tons of widgets/toys that serve little use, but only 4 (and simbot) "big" inventions that serve a purpose.

The first is the floor hygienator which gives moodlets like "minty breath" or "nauseous" when walked over. IT can give both good and bad moodlets. IT boosts hygiene by about 10% of the bar when walked upon.

The second is the harvester, which collects collectables/harvestables/spills/messes around you.

The 3rd is the miner, which can be used to make holes to explore, and uncover gems/metal/meteorites.

And then there is the time machine, which going into results in +25 moodlet or -25 moodlet for 4 hours, and sometimes some simoleons, a rare book, or other trinket. You can also return with a child, or as a supernatural life form.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 02:41:27 AM »
Interesting info dannyr783!
But what do you mean with supernatural lifeform? A secret way of becoming a superhero, having powers or something like that?

Offline dannyr783

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 07:29:04 AM »
I mean mummy, or ghost.

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 03:23:18 PM »
I mean mummy, or ghost.

Ah of course. By changing the past he changes his history? ;) Just another side effect of timetraveling.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 07:52:22 PM »
But what do you mean with supernatural lifeform? A secret way of becoming a superhero, having powers or something like that?

Haha!  Leto, you're just not going to get superheroes in Ambitions. Although you're giving it a valiant effort!  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

enigma1717

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 12:23:26 AM »
Well, I also got a mechanical mysterious Mr. Gnome, but it wasn't an invention, it was something that I created I suppose accidentally while mass producing another widget. It is just the the normal one but with a different model. I couldn't remake it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 01:46:46 PM »

Haha!  Leto, you're just not going to get superheroes in Ambitions. Although you're giving it a valiant effort!  :D

Hehe, I was secretly still hoping though. :$

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 01:53:17 PM »
You really like time travelling and superheroes, don't you, Leto!
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Leto85

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 01:59:36 PM »
You really like time travelling and superheroes, don't you, Leto!

I can't and will not deny that! :D But well, I am a huge fan of the old Lois and Clark adventures. And time traveling is something that I have experienced myself, in a way. Not in the way of I travels back in time, experienced a adventure and came back after, but you know that for some people that have lain in a coma it may looks like they have skipped a lot of time when they woke up.
I think that is partly the reason why I am highly interested in time traveling.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 02:15:54 PM »
So the new Gnome is a mechanical robot...   :)

I am a huge fan of the old Lois and Clark adventures

Off Topic: There is a new series called Smallville with Clark and Lois in.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 02:58:39 PM »
I really love the harvester, miner and simbot! When I first installed it, I got the robot LTRP then I invented one and it was my "daughter" then she invented one who is her "daughter" so my sim has 3 robots! I have 2 of them constantly mining! The neighbors don't like you mining at night, but I fixed that problem. I surrounded the entire yard with fence and locked the gate to everyone but my household. Samoht04 that's not new is it? I don't watch it but I've heard of it before!

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2010, 03:00:54 PM »
No it's not new been on a couple of years now. How and where do you mine at? Or ever harvest? I haven't seen that yet.

Leto85

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 03:02:49 PM »
So the new Gnome is a mechanical robot...   :)

Nice, than we can add that to the gnome collection. :)

I am a huge fan of the old Lois and Clark adventures

Off Topic: There is a new series called Smallville with Clark and Lois in.  ;)

I know. Thanks for letting me know. But in that series there are different players now. :)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »
You invent the miner and harvester. Than put the mines anywhere, I even mined at city hall lol The harvester just is a much faster way of harvesting your garden, or even for picking up old newspapers, and trash. Maybe you can do more than that with it too, but those are the thing I know you can do!

anything