Author Topic: Launcher Problems  (Read 2187 times)

Offline chelllyyx

• Nooboo
Launcher Problems
« on: July 07, 2013, 02:28:59 PM »
I used to play the sims on my old Macbook Pro a lot, but then when i was babysitting one of the kids spilt water all over my computer and fried the battery, so i had to get a new one. I just finished installing the sims onto my computer and when i open the launcher it looks all funny and will load everything except the play button & the background (so all you see is the words & pictures, no light blue background or the window border), and i have no idea how to fix this. I've tried restarting my computer numerous times, and nothing changes. Help??  :-\

brappl

Re: Launcher Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:58:10 AM »
I used to play the sims on my old Macbook Pro a lot, but then when i was babysitting one of the kids spilt water all over my computer and fried the battery, so i had to get a new one. I just finished installing the sims onto my computer and when i open the launcher it looks all funny and will load everything except the play button & the background (so all you see is the words & pictures, no light blue background or the window border), and i have no idea how to fix this. I've tried restarting my computer numerous times, and nothing changes. Help??  :-\

Are you on a PC or another Mac?  Have you installed all the Sim EP's or just the Sims 3?  Are you installing via download or disc?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chelllyyx

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 02:38:43 PM »
Are you on a PC or another Mac?  Have you installed all the Sim EP's or just the Sims 3?  Are you installing via download or disc?
I'm on another Macbook Pro, installing via disk, & i have the EP's World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night and Generations.

brappl

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 03:06:06 PM »
I'm on another Macbook Pro, installing via disk, & i have the EP's World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night and Generations.

I am not familiar with Macs.  Sorry.  Do you have all the patches installed?

I do not know where your program files are stored but if you can find the TS3EP04.exe file (in the Game\bin folder) you could at least try to start the game that way.  One other thing I would suggest is uninstall everything and reinstall one game at a time and try to launch just the one game.  If the game works, install your EP's one at a time trying each as you install.

Hopefully someone on the forum who is familiar with your system will see this and can help you better. 

anything