Author Topic: Watchers, in Your Neighborhood! - A Breckenridge Decadynasty (Graveyard Please)  (Read 5886 times)

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
Re: Watchers, in Your Neighborhood! - A Shelley Decadynasty (Entry 5)
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 11:28:54 PM »
Oh my gosh, this is gold! Poor Hal. ;)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Watchers, in Your Neighborhood! - A Shelley Decadynasty (Entry 5)
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 01:39:39 AM »
I must have died several times in that update, suffocating on laughter! The end is simply priceless. Poor, poor Hal . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
Re: Watchers, in Your Neighborhood! - A Shelley Decadynasty (Entry 6)
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 04:43:26 PM »
Entry 6 – Snow Daze (Part 2)

(Watcher's Note: Yup, third attempt. And also, it is not the Shelley Decadynasty anymore, but the Breckenridge Decadynasty.)

Constraints:
7 Day Seasons, All the Occults, All the Pets, 10 Day Lunar Cycle

I think it's part of a routine now.

We kiss,

We get married,

I get the most ridiculous makeover as Watcher's punishment,

I get pregnant,

I have a kid who inherits our suffering.

This time around, his name's Nick. Nick Breckenridge. I know I said I'd never want a last name like that, but the Watcher realized that Hal's womanizing techniques would make the whole thing go faster. For example, the first three things I said: Happened in one day. Ridiculous, isn't it?

Watcher: Actually most dynasties start like that. Not just this one!
Constance: ...what.

I've been through these loops enough times to know what's going on. Both Hal and I are studying logical techniques for tutoring young children so Nick can hopefully get that honor roll and we don't have to repeat this a fourth time. Hal's way of learning is a little avant-garde, but it works for him, I guess. I think it helps him deal with his fears of...just about everything.

Nick, like all my other kids in past lives, is a rather nice, friendly kid. He doesn't give me much trouble – though the doll I got from my grand-aunt who I didn't realize existed has helped in that.

It's good because his sister Daisy wasn't born much longer after him.

They're pretty cute kids, and I'm very proud of them.

A little too soon, though, Nick grew up. And surprisingly, became quite the smarty-pants. Hal set him right to work.

We couldn't afford screwing up this time, as the Watcher's will is as hard as diamond. Or steel. Or both. I'm starting to understand that it might just be impossible for us to escape anymore. It's bad, but...I'm starting to get very used to her around in her green diamond spaceship camcorder thing.

I'm not sure if I deserve to write in this blog anymore, in that case. Nick, for some reason, has expressed interest in continuing in it, although he doesn't mind the Watcher, and says something like 'it could be the blog that lasts for generations', which I think is an amazing idea, if there are computers and internet in the future. But it's winter again.

If Nick doesn't get honor roll because of the snow days again, I might just come back, partly because the Watcher forces me to update these things. If he does and we get to live in this lifetime, it was nice knowing all of you who commented, believers or not. Please treat my son well. He's a nice boy, even if he's a little overshadowed at times.

Farewell to the blogosphere,
C.B.

------------------

Breckenridge Babbles
Report 0

Guess who go honor roll today?

That's right. This guy.

- N.B.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
Re: Watchers, in Your Neighborhood! - A Breckenridge Decadynasty (Entry 6)
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 06:43:32 PM »
WOOT!!! You got 'em on the honor this time! Congrats!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Watchers, in Your Neighborhood! - A Breckenridge Decadynasty (Entry 6)
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 11:07:30 PM »
Yay! He made it to the Honor Roll! *confetti*
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
Re: Watchers, in Your Neighborhood! - A Breckenridge Decadynasty (Report 1)
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 03:01:19 PM »
Watcher's Note: It's been a long time, hasn't it?

Report 1 – Theory of the Imaginary

My Mom's said that she's spent two lifetimes doing the same thing she's doing now. Meeting my Dad, getting married, having kids, teaching them stuff, failing this 'Decadynasty' thing. Not that I believed it. I'm more of a 'I believe it when I see it it' kind of guy.
When Mom let me have her blog, however...I heard it. Or her.

Watcher: Sup my brother.
Nick: Who's that?
Watcher: The one who's been with your family through generations! Whoo!
Nick: A ghost?
Daisy: I'm trying to sleep here Nick! And don't you know? That's the Watcher!
Nick: The one that Mom keeps ranting about?
Watcher: I think we'll get along just fine, dear.

Oh yeah, Daisy was a toddler last post, right? Yeah, my little sister grew up. Great. Her birthday was hilarious though.

She's gonna kill me when she sees it, but s'okay. We regrew her hair out with special treatment.

But enough about them. There's something more important I'd like to talk about.

I said that I was a 'believe it when I see it' kind of guy. And it's true. But what happens when other people can't see something? Like you're the only one that notices something – or someone – is in your house? 

This is Jay. He was originally this doll a relative sent me when I was a baby. When I became a child,  he ended up growing up with me. And walking. And talking.

But I'm the only one who can see him in his 'alive' form. Everyone else sees him as a doll. The adults, I understand. They're...adults! But not even Daisy can see him. She thinks I'm nuts. She even played with him when she was younger too.

However, I have this idea. There has to be a way that he can be seen by others. My dad's had this chemistry set for a long time, even before I was born. Maybe if I use science, I'll find some kind of combination that will make Jay, my 'imaginary friend' as Dad puts it, a reality.

Best of luck to me,
N.B.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
Re: Watchers, in Your Neighborhood! - A Breckenridge Decadynasty (Report 1)
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 12:06:18 AM »
Glad to see this had started back up! I love your writing by the way!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
I'm sorry to say that the Breckenridge/Shelley DD failed. ...Logic just has too many skill challenges and the family grew too big for my liking. Of course certain people are rejoicing. But that doesn't mean it's the end. No, no, it's really just the beginning....

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard at the request of the author.  This thread may be revived at any time by contacting a Moderator.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything