Author Topic: Can't have Pangu's Axe when traveling because it's in Family Inventory -Resolved  (Read 4674 times)

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
A problem for my main Sim. Since his marriage, Pangu's Axe got moved from my Sim's inventory to the family inventory. I had my Sim go to Egypt to do a few tombs he didn't before, and it seems he doesn't have the axe, since it's in the family inventory and you don't have access to it when traveling.

Since you can't access the family inventory when traveling, well... there's a problem. My Sim is using a pickaxe instead of the axe to clear rubble, and Inspecting boulders and acting like he doesn't have the axe. So that tells me his family inventory isn't being recognized or something.

Anyone know of a workaround for this? Do have a thought, that a family member could 'Give Gift' the axe to my Sim to put it back in his inventory(I do have Generations now, so I have that option). But I'm not sure if it'll keep its powers. Would it?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Can you not have your adventurer sim go home, then take the ax out of the home inventory and put it in his inventory? Or, if you own a house in your travel destination, you should be able to access buy mode (and therefore the home inventory) from there. If all that fails, I just use a cheat for getting rid of boulders cause I lose the axe a lot anyway - testingcheatsenabled true - then click on boulder and delete item.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
Taking the axe out of the family inventory and putting it on the wall (only place it allows it to be placed) and going into Live Mode will cause the axe to disappear. It happened when I went home after getting the axe.
Placed it on a wall, it disappears.

Went into Build Mode, and it re-appears. So, no I cannot do that. And I don't own a travel house in any of the destinations.
I'm trying to play legit. So no cheating.

*sighs* and Give Gift won't work as I thought. It just goes right back into the family inventory. Is my only option to buy a vacation home and drag my family to where I'm going, just to use the axe legitimately? That's stupid.

Update: I tried your suggestion... and it didn't disappear from the wall when I went into Live Mode. And I was able to put it in my Sim's inventory. I guess it was a bug before. Anyway, he's got the axe now(and it still works)! :D Thank you, pally.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Glad to help. There's been a glitch with Pangu's Axe for years now - it disappears quite often unfortunately, which is why I use the cheat.

Out of curiosity - why would you need the rest of your family to access the family inventory in a vacation home?

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
To answer your curiousity question, I thought the only way to be able to have access to the family inventory while my Sim is traveling, is to get them all to where he is. But this saves time and simolians.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
To answer your curiousity question, I thought the only way to be able to have access to the family inventory while my Sim is traveling, is to get them all to where he is.

Oh, I thought otherwise but I haven't checked recently so don't quote me :)

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
The only way to have access to the family inventory is to own a property in the vacation worlds. Otherwise there's no way that I know of.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Yep Sunshine, thanks but I think I said that... didn't I? What I was unsure about was if you really need all your family at the vacation home to access the family inventory or if you can just take one sim (to the vacation home). :)

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
Sorry I misread that part :P you definitely don't need the whole family to access the inventory. Just one person will do.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
That's what I thought! Thanks :)