Author Topic: The Sims 4 Dynasty Hall of Fame  (Read 25866 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Dynasty Hall of Fame
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2022, 04:58:24 PM »
oshizu - inducted March 8, 2022

Finally! oshizu has completed her first Dynasty ever! Okay, that was a joke for those of you familiar with the Dynasty Queen. Let’s just call oshizu that from now on shall we? She is a Dynasty machine — hammering out all Sims 4 Dynasties — something no forumer has come close to matching. Well done, oshizu. This Hall of Fame entry is for her Big Dream’s Dynasty. If you're interested in following her Dynasty's journey or viewing her dreamers' choices, check out her story here.

What did you like most about the Big Dream Dynasty?
There is so much about this Dynasty challenge that I enjoyed, but, if I limit myself to three favorite aspects, they are no doubt:
(1) The wide selection of big Dreams available meant that every household member could contribute.
(2) Early age-ups at the nooboo, toddler, child, and teen stages. I greatly appreciated not having to tread water after completing the requirements for a specific age stage.
(3) The Big Dreams themselves were each a kind of mini-challenge and I enjoyed experiencing some new aspects of gameplay.

What was the most difficult for you?
I couldn't resist attempting a lot of the Big Dreams, so the household for each generation was usually full or close to full. Due to my Sims' tendency to drop their queues micro-managing a house full of Sims with such different requirements required a lot of focus and patience.
Also, I made the unwise decision if choosing Big Dreams for my Gen8 twins involving a collection that required travel off the home lot. This was super frustrating because finding their collectibles relied heavily on RNG and prevented me from completing the challenge earlier.

From left to right: Yae (Gen8), Yukihira (Gen6), Cloud (Gen7), Taye (Gen5), and Otavio (Gen8)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2022, 06:30:36 PM »
Ricalynn - inducted March 30, 2022

Ricalynn has been around nearly as long as the forum has been alive, and has completed a couple Sims 3 Dynasties, so I was surprised that she had not completed any Sims 4 Dynasties. But, that has all changed today with her completion of the Big Dreams Dynasty. You can check out her speed run here.

I really enjoyed the fact that with this Dynasty it felt like I could do anything I wanted. There was freedom to do a lot of things that some of the others don't allow. That just made it easier for me to use my gaming brain to push for the speed run that I did. It also meant that I had plenty of ideas on how to keep people busy in between lulls of their use. The fact that you could age up Sims early and keep moving was nice as well. It's not something that I've done a lot in Sims 4 and this showed me that it could be fun with the right structure.

The difficult part was similar to the thing I liked the most - I felt like there was so much freedom to get things done which was hard for me to grasp. One of the things that likely slowed me down the most on this was being unable to stop myself from going for Top-Notch Toddler & Llamacorn Scout for everyone born to the house. Even my founders were Llamacorn scouts. Other than that, just the standard waiting on careers hitting max so that I could move on but with keeping the family small and working with speed, I was able to fold that into my strategy to get exactly what was needed.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2022, 12:04:58 PM »
Granny Lawlor - inducted April 20, 2022

Welcome aboard Granny Lawlor! Completing her first dynasty attempt with the Big Dreams Dynasty. You can check out her Olympus Dreams here

I enjoyed the freedom offered by the vast number of Dreams but only needed to complete 16. The variety meant that each Sim was unique and they developed their own characters. I got to explore some packs that I'd been nervous about, specifically Cats & Dogs and the Restaurants. It required an enjoyable level of planning as some Dreams needed to happen (or not happen) in particular generations/seasons/locations.

With new challenges in each Dream, attention to the detail in the requirements was hard to maintain, especially when I was tired or impatient from real-life issues. My best tip for this is to re-read the overarching rules regularly and to re-download the spreadsheet for each generation (in case of updates) and then prune it so the current households' dreams fit on 1-2 sheets of paper.
Secondly, diligently checking the inventory for each Sim when one Sim is working on a collection so any item can be disposed of without getting included in the count - those autonomous beach-combing Sims were nearly the death of me!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2022, 02:24:13 PM »
Granny Lawlor - inducted July 21, 2022

You can check out her Literally 7 Heroes here

Heroes L-to-R: Esme, Lessa, Katniss, Darwi, Elizabeth, Benita, Mara

1. What did you like the most about this particular Dynasty?

I enjoyed the wide variety of projects from which to choose, including some new ones. It meant that my heroes could have slightly different characters. Also, there were some projects that were very hands-on and some that worked well in the background. Only being 7 generations of single Sims made it a simpler challenge than the multi-sim generation challenges.

2. What did you find most challenging?

Working out which projects could be done by each hero and then which order they should be introduced was the main challenge. Some projects took longer than anticipated so some adjustments were needed to avoid my heroes ended up at a loose end for too long in the closing weeks. I really wanted to complete 100% of the projects currently available (with my packs) so that added to the challenge.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2023, 09:11:11 AM »
Granny Lawlor - inducted April 16, 2023

Granny Lawlor has a thing for Dynasties lately -- this is her 3rd completion in the past 12 months and she now holds the honor of being the first player to finish the Nine Lives Dynasty. Read about Joy Leonine and her faithful companion, Nova, in Granny's A Twitch of a Tale Dynasty story. 

What did you like most about this particular Dynasty?

Besides getting to grips with how to play with cats, the thing I enjoyed most was the freedom to age-up my Sims whenever I liked, move Sims in and out of the household and indeed to move the actual household at any point. This made the challenge fun and allowed me to play around with relationships and add self-set challenges.

Building up the Simstagram followers for my cat was painstaking but ultimately quite feasible by the time it was needed to resurrect her for the ninth life. Avoiding all possible life extensions for the non-cat Sims was also a challenge as I'd only just got a few occult packs and then realized I couldn't use them.

In addition, I would recommend this challenge as a good introduction to dynasties. The restrictions are few, and the challenge is initially hard but then fairly straightforward. Also, the new base-game infant interactions with cats are adorable.

L-to-R: Antonia holding Sky, Nova, Janet holding Bobbie, Carson, Sharon holding Eddie

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2023, 09:39:45 AM »
GlazeyLady - inducted April 24, 2023

GlazeyLady, one of the principal architects of the Big Dreams Dynasty, completed her own effort with that challenge in the Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty. She finished a whopping 27 Big Dreams.
You can find the story here: Cordova Big Dreams Dynasty.

I loved all the variety and freedom - being able to play on long to have plenty of time and then age up the Sims when I wanted to. Also the Big Dreams have so much variety and it was fun to play so many aspects of the game.

Managing playing on long from a generational perspective - aging up the current household early meant the non-household family wasn't keeping up in aging. With no rule against temporarily playing a different household, my great (not great) idea was to just move to the different households and cake everyone up. First time I did that was when playing Gen 3 (Nate and Cheyanne) who already had twins. In the short two Sim hours that I was away from their household, they not only got pregnant (thank you neighborhood stories), but subsequently gave birth to triplets. In a tiny house. Where only 2 Big Dreams were planned for kids. After that, I took time in game to invite the various family members to the active household and caked them up that way. My plan was when I had Young Adults in the current household, the next gen up would age to Adult, the one above that would age to Elder, and when they were deceased I'd go find their tombstone and take it to the family cemetery. It worked pretty well, but I kept forgetting to do the aging up on time.

Left to Right: Founders Jaxson (Jax)-Artistic Genius and Josette (Josie)-Magical Maestro; Gen 2 Heir Marigold (Mari)-Family Matters; Gen 3 Heir Nathaniel (Nate)-Uber Sim; Gen 4 Heir Shay-Champion of Batuu; Gen 5 Heir Cassandra (Cassie)-Outdoorsman; Gen 6 Heir Quinn-Savior of Strangerville; Gen 7 Heir Destiny-Author; Gen 8 Heir Franco-People Person