Author Topic: Crashing When Zooming In?  (Read 3783 times)

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
Crashing When Zooming In?
« on: July 10, 2013, 12:52:45 PM »
Recently, I got a new laptop, with a better processor and more ram. I reinstalled all expansion packs (Minus WA), and about 4 SPs. My game ran as smooth as it ever has, until I installed IP. It ran a lot slower in Isla Paradiso, so I moved my family to Sunset Valley (through the old method). The game wasn't as laggy as it was, but it still wasn't as smooth as when I first reinstalled.
I installed a few of Nraa's Mods, (Story Progression, Errortrap and Overwatch), but it crashed my game nearly as soon as I installed them.
I uninstalled the three mods, and I am now playing a mod and cc free game (Minus Store CC).
Now, my problem is, is that when I zoom out to the map, and click a location to send my sims to, I press the sim portrait, to make it zoom in, but my game freezes, and then crashes, saying "Sims 3 Stopped Working. Would you like Windows to find a solution?"

Please help!

Dellena

Re: Crashing When Zooming In?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 01:35:11 PM »
Does the video card meet recommended requirements?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 02:37:24 PM »
As your game was running smoothly prior to installing IP, I wonder if simply doing a factory reset might fix the problem now that you have removed all mods and cc.  The graphics card may well be the problem though.  Have you tried running with all your graphics settings at minimum?  I have noticed my game is less smooth since IP, but then, I only ever played SV before.  IP is a much larger world and is definitely greedy on resources.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 04:22:29 PM »
As your game was running smoothly prior to installing IP, I wonder if simply doing a factory reset might fix the problem now that you have removed all mods and cc.  The graphics card may well be the problem though.  Have you tried running with all your graphics settings at minimum?  I have noticed my game is less smooth since IP, but then, I only ever played SV before.  IP is a much larger world and is definitely greedy on resources.

I have tried a Factory Reset, but its the same. I have my graphics quite high, so I'll try reducing them a bit. I don't want to play to low, because I chose this laptop specifically because the sales guy said it would be great for Sims 3.