Author Topic: Playing for tips in Riverview?  (Read 13829 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Playing for tips in Riverview?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 12:29:01 AM »
How do you, Metro, and Carl find all the little secrets, you know, the stuff you have to dig a little deeper for?

We all play a lot of Sims 3 and we each have a different style and strengths.  Between the three of us, we just about dig everything up.  Carl pushes through things to find what the end results are, I play slower and explore all the little things, and Metro looks for all the ways to increase a competitive edge.  It's quite interesting, actually.

Whoa. Hold the phone. Are you saying ghosts will actually throw money at you in the cemetery while you're playing for tips?

Yes, they will!  My 10th generation Legacy heiress even had her ancestors' ghosts giving her tip money in the private family cemetary.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 07:04:23 AM »
Whoa. Hold the phone. Are you saying ghosts will actually throw money at you in the cemetery while you're playing for tips?

Yes, they will!  My 10th generation Legacy heiress even had her ancestors' ghosts giving her tip money in the private family cemetary.

Ha. Way awesome. I should finish up my final Centurian Solo effort today and I'm just going to have to send Johnny to the Graveyard and try that.

Carl pushes through things to find what the end results are, I play slower and explore all the little things, and Metro looks for all the ways to increase a competitive edge.  It's quite interesting, actually.

That's a spot-on observation, Pam. It is quite interesting too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 08:57:20 AM »
How do you, Metro, and Carl find all the little secrets, you know, the stuff you have to dig a little deeper for?

We all play a lot of Sims 3 and we each have a different style and strengths.  Between the three of us, we just about dig everything up.  Carl pushes through things to find what the end results are, I play slower and explore all the little things, and Metro looks for all the ways to increase a competitive edge.  It's quite interesting, actually.
Yeah I've noticed that too! I'm like you Pam, taking things slow but I will probably play like Metro does for any challenges I do this year. I can get extremely competitive, even for silly things like games my Spanish teacher lets us play to help us study.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 07:11:25 AM »
Interesting topic. I haven't played much for tips in Sunset Valley, but I had Billy Caspian play for tips in Riverview and he made quite a bit of money. I had him go every day (I varied the locations), but in front of the theater he made $1500 in one day. I will have to try this in Sunset Valley, since their parks always seem to have more people.

Offline TGBlank

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 09:08:24 PM »
What about throwing parties at one of the parks on the middle of riverview (in front of library on weekdays, theatre on weekends)?.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 10:15:52 PM »
I've noticed in the last couple of days that the library in Riverview is pretty busy.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

misterdent

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 05:58:47 PM »
I know this is an old post, but I'm hoping people are still reading this from time to time.
I had a guitar sim that I wanted to earn decent income through "playing for tips". This
was a very easy task in Sunset Valley... Just settle down outside the theatre and watch
in amazement as huge amounts of simoleons roll in (assuming he had "performed" a
hundred or so times). I know some people hammer away at the "perform" number to
get it into four figures, but then the income becomes so huge it's kind of meaningless...

I wanted to play Riverview for a change and quickly noticed that it's a ghost town compared
to Sunset Valley. During the week the theatre only attracts small numbers so I decided to
try something a little different. I noticed that the layout of the community buildings around
Four Bridges Park lacked a central focus for sims to gather around.

My solution was to use "Edit Town" to swap things around a little. My aim was to draw
passing shoppers to my guitarist who set up near the central statue in Four Bridges Park.

To achieve this I first swapped the location of the Sunflower Spa with the EverFresh Delights
Supermarket so it was then opposite the bookstore. I then rotated all of the lots adjacent
to the park so that their exit doorways faced directly towards the park. Even the library
needed to be rotated 180 degrees so that it fed sims back in, towards the park. I then did
a bit of minor editing so that the community buildings looked correct in their new locations
(mostly altering car parking positions).

To make sure the sims would be able to spend a long time in the park, I added "minimalist"
male & female washrooms. I finished off with a couple of community picnic tables so the sims
had an easy source of food and then sent my guitarist to "play for tips" near the fountain.

The difference was worth the effort. I immediately noticed an rise in the number of sims
who were drawn in to listen to him playing and the tips started to flow in better.
I'm not saying this will make it as busy as the theatre in Sunset Valley, but it will make
an improvement if you're looking for a guitarist sim to provide the main family income.

(I should point out that the park area is busiest during daylight hours)

It's fun to experiment! Enjoy!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 06:20:37 PM »
It's fun to experiment! Enjoy!

Welcome to our Forum!  Thanks for sharing your experience with Riverview.  Players wouldn't be able to use your method if they're playing one of our challenges, but for games just for fun, it sounds like a good strategy. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline lprkaun

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »
Something I found that works for bringing in people for tip playing is to join the singer career.  Performing as a singer for tips seems to draw Sims in, then I switch to playing the guitar for tips before they all have a chance to leave.

Offline Sarabi

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 03:16:25 PM »
I've not played Riverview, but I had a fairly simple, and very effective method I found for Sunset Valley.

There is typically some city event once a week or so - an Eating Contest, Chess Tournament, Neighborhood Grill-a-thon, etc.  I found that by looking for those events, and sending my guitarist to arrive about an hour before they start with a full belly, freshly showered and napped, she could stand there and play for tips throughout the day/night and usually came home with six figures.  I think it's the events that draw the crowds, not necessarily the venues (although I'm sure some venues receive more visitors than others).  Naturally, the guitarist spent the rest of her time performing at home...

It might be worth a try in Riverview.

Offline jestina

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2012, 07:28:55 AM »
The simplest fix for Riverview would be to change the two main parks(Four Bridges and Plaza) from small parks to large parks under lot assignment.

anything