Author Topic: I haven't opened my game file for quite some time, and it isn't running correct  (Read 1458 times)

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
Maybe this is a lousy rumor I heard, but is it true that if you don't open a game file for some time, it might not run correctly?
 I've really collected some game files lately. Last night, I decided I wanted to play one of my older files. I haven't opened this file since April 2013. It immediately started bugging out. My sims were getting stuck. I tried resetsim but nothing. The house kind of got locked up like when you visit a neighbors house, you can't go inside until you're invited in. It said some items couldn't be loaded and were replaced but this family only uses expansion pack and store content, which I hadn't removed any.
 So, does anyone kind of have an explanation for this? Or what might be helpful to do? I'm kind of willing to try anything.
  I am a Mac user; my computer meets the requirements. I have one mod installed, Twallans StoryProgression, but no others.
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
Did you install StoryProgression recently? Do you have both components of it?

I don't know for sure, but sometimes patches can mess with games. Since a patch has been released since April, this may be the case. Have you tried a factory reset? The instructions are here. It can fix a LOT of issues. :) Hope your game works correctly soon!
Check out my new story here!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
Did you install StoryProgression recently? Do you have both components of it?

I don't know for sure, but sometimes patches can mess with games. Since a patch has been released since April, this may be the case. Have you tried a factory reset? The instructions are here. It can fix a LOT of issues. :) Hope your game works correctly soon!

I did install it about a month ago but I haven't found it to corrupt with any of my other older games. Both components? Yes, I do.
 I have updated my game so that might have something to do with it.
Factory reset? I'll investigate...
Thank you so much for your help and suggestions!
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

anything