Poll

Which were your three favourite entries?

Vinyl - Drifting Tower
25 (30.5%)
Zoey30 - Mini Emperors Retreat
9 (11%)
ladybug53 - Landchester Palace
11 (13.4%)
RaiaDraconis - Crowning Glory Castle
2 (2.4%)
Arefa - Rapunzel's Tower
14 (17.1%)
sunshine_2406 - Teeny Tower
4 (4.9%)
Swirl-Girl - Aquatic "Palace"
3 (3.7%)
intl_incident - Coldharbour Castle
14 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: August 16, 2013, 06:25:51 AM

Author Topic: Building Contest 2013: 15 - Towers and Palaces  (Read 15200 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: Building Contest 2013: 15 - Towers and Palaces
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 08:26:29 AM »
Vinyl, your entry was absolutely stunning.  Congratulations on a very well-deserved win!

@ intl_incident - I can't say that I've ever seen a build of yours that was anything less than amazing, and this most certainly fits into that category. The layout is perfect, truly reminiscent of what a medieval palace should look like.

Sure, I'm open to comments and constructive criticisms.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 08:50:43 AM »
I as well am open to constructive criticism.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 09:12:46 AM »
Really great entries everyone :)

Personally i really really loved Coldharbour Castle  ::) Had the "Medievel Castle" feel to it  ;D

Congratulations for Vinyl for winning though :)

Offline Arefa

• Llama Wrangler
    • Build Mode with Arefa
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2013, 09:18:49 AM »
Grats Vinyl!  You did a wonderful job!  Your design was so creative and mysterious.  I enjoyed the story too. The idea of a drifting castle plus a mini adventure was a great combination of ideas.

@intl_incident - I loved your castle too.  It was a striking medieval castle that could hold a king, queen and court.  I don't think there was anything I didn't like.  Your interior design went together very nicely and fit the castle theme.  You had some very creative rooms (guard barracks, war room, chapel) that I felt would have been back in the middle ages!

@RaiaDraconis - I'm impressed with anyone who tackled a gigantic castle.  I originally tried a huge castle, but I couldn't get anything to look the way I wanted.  I loved your layout it flowed very nicely.  I even liked your servant room by the kitchen with nearby garden.  That was a neat idea too, it felt right for the time period. 

@Swirl-Girl - Yours reminded me of "The Little Mermaid" with Ariel and Eric.  It was cute!  I have never seen a swimming pool used like that before.  It was a very different idea.  It opened my eyes to some different design possibilities for what is doable in the Sims. 

Like the others, I am open to comments on my design too.  :)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »
@Arefa Thanks, I was going for something a bit more vague,  I have never seen Little Mermaid, but I imagine that Prince Eric's mom wasn't to happy about her down to earth son suddenly being as wispy washy as the sea after falling in love with a woman he's never spoken to before. But I wouldn't know.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 09:45:09 AM »
Well done Vinyl! I really liked that you made your castle on a houseboat, I never would have though of a floating tower :P

I am also open to any constructive criticism on my build
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 02:40:23 PM »
Sorry for being so late in replying to these contests . I just came back from a vacation and am now preparing for visitors staying over for several days on their way through .

Congratulations Vinyl ! When I first saw your entry , my jaw just about hit the floor . So very creative, it's just amazing . You're so talented and creative . A well deserved win .

Thank you samoht04 , Lilygirl and Ausette for this wonderful contest .

@ int_incident - A great castle with a moat and bridge ! The interior is just brilliant . It has a great medieval look to it . Awesome job !

@ RaiaDraconis - Love your castle ! I really lile your decor and choice of color . Great job !

@ Arefa - A very creative tower . Love the style and your landscaping . Your interior is very nicely done , it really suits the style of the exterior . Great job !

@ sunshine - Love the moat and hedge design . Very creative and romantic sitting area . Great job on your entry !

@ How interest to use a pool as a moat ! Very creative , well done !

I'm open to comments on my entry .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Arefa

• Llama Wrangler
    • Build Mode with Arefa
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 11:13:12 PM »
I'm open to comments on my entry .  :)

Ladybug - Your palace was simply lovely.  I really like your color choices, in my mind I kept referring to it as the "pink palace."  I especially loved your outside garden areas around the fountains and the hedge design at the front.  And I don't know how you do it, but your dining room pictures always look so realistic.  The lighting, curtains, and extra touches round the room just make it like you can sit down and have a family dinner.  Very nicely done!

anything