Author Topic: Is there any risk that my game broke?  (Read 268 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Is there any risk that my game broke?
« on: May 13, 2024, 12:57:51 PM »
Hello.

So I did edit this into my last post in another thread but thought it might be a good ide to lift it out. I'm very nervous that I have broken my game...  :-\ Anyway, I were talking about Ms Liberty Lee in the BFF household.

I'm very happy that I was able to get her back as she did glitch out and became invisible. Probably it was me who did trigger it as I went into build mode just as she were about to come home (after meeting some art students) removing the Winterfest deco. The avatar was grayed out and nothing showed that she were "at work". And when I clicked the avatar I was taken to the enter/exit point of the lot, right in front of the house. The other two sims were having a meal and I thought I could make Liberty reappear by instructing her to join them but it did not. The action did not drop into the queue as it should.  Taking another sim off lot and home again did not make her show up (it can fix small issues from time to time) but exit without saving* to Menage worlds and reenter the lot did. And after go away meeting the students again the gig was fulfilled (before this the circle had become green at least two times). I did save that but did not back up as I use to. I have to test the family to make sure they work.

*It's a lie really, It does save.
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Is there any risk that my game broke?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 04:23:11 PM »
I've run into a similar situation -- where the Sim was showing she was at work, but the game didn't seem to register her as being at work.

I'm thinking something in the game glitched, so I quit without saving and went back to a previous save. Luckily I had just saved the game a little while before the glitch happened.

I'm not sure if your save glitched, but you might try going back to a previous save if you have one to see if it works better for you?

How-To: Recover a Saved Game - Sims 4
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21519.msg387147#msg387147
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 12:09:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

OK, yeah - that would be an option. I will lose some progress then but I'm not sure how much. So if it's safe to continue on playing I rather do that. (I'm also quite scared that I will mess things up. Even if the instructions are good there is always the factor "Me").

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2024, 01:19:34 PM »
Yes, you would loose some progress if you go back to a previous save file, so you'll want to factor that into your decision.

If you feel the save is still play-able, then go ahead and keep playing. :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2024, 10:05:25 AM »
Sorry for the late reply...

OK, that sounds good.  :) I have been play testing the family some more now and as it seems, everything is normal. Well, aside from a few things that might not be related (the "bar" over a sims head not disappearing after a sim quit the learning phase, a visiting sim who was sent home did fade away before even reaching the door and so). But I guess these things can happen everywhere in the worlds.  :)

Edit: I did forget to mention that I did a backup today. But I did create a new folder for that one just in case I need the old version.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2024, 12:31:56 PM »
It sounds like something might still be glitchy with the one Sim that has the bar over their head. Specially if it won't go away after learning something or quitting the action.

I've heard of Sims fading away before reaching the door. That might not be a glitch. Keep an eye on it though to see if it happens more often.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2024, 01:33:04 PM »
Yes, I will keep an eye on it for sure... especially the thing were the sim did fade away to early. The "sticky bar" thing is something I have had for years now. It happens sometimes and sending the "faulty" sim off lot helps. I guess a reset will help too. But I will look out for it.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.