Author Topic: Multiple families in the same town  (Read 8801 times)

BpoolChris

Multiple families in the same town
« on: March 20, 2011, 04:15:40 PM »
Hello, I am new to the forums and I just got the sims for the xbox recently, thinking about getting it for the pc as well, if the expansions are worth swapping from console to pc.

Anyway, what I have been wondering is, I have made a guy who is living in a one bedroom house and I am having fun training him to be a master criminal.  He started as a young adult and recently aged into a full grown adult. I know he is on the way to old age now, so I wanted to start another family and make sure they have a kid to carry the family name on, since I forgot to have my original guy start a family.

I want the new family to live in the same town as the first guy and now have to start all over again from scratch. I was wanting the new family to be able to make friends with my first guy / invite him round for dinner / best mates, etc.

When I started a new game, I couldn't find an option to carry with the same town I am playing.

Thanks

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: multiple familys on the same town
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 05:15:03 PM »
While I don't have the console version, I did some checking around on the web and I'm not totally sure there is a way to change the active household like there is in the PC version.  But if he's a mature adult, he still has plenty of time to start his own family.  Plus, if it's anything like the PC version:  women become infertile when they hit elder, but men can father children until Grim comes to collect them.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

BpoolChris

Re: Multiple families in the same town
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 05:22:09 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply and the information.

I wasn't too sure how long it would take before my guy reached the elder age, so at least I know I have some time to start a family now and my job career is secure.

Leto85

Re: multiple familys on the same town
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 05:44:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum BpoolChris.
Please type the word 'I' with a capital I next time you post. It makes the forum clear and professional looking.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 09:12:44 PM »
Unlike the PC version, you can only have one active family in the console version. If you move a person out of the household, then you can either continue playing the original household (and the moved Sim is deleted) or you can play the moved Sim (and the original household is deleted).

With the PC version, you can move the Sim out without affecting the active household.

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Offline Wiker12

• Insane Sims addict
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes, I'm Insane. Get over it.
    • World of Tribes
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 06:43:38 AM »
With Sims3:pets on the xbox360, the sim who moved out dosen't get deleted, they move into an empty lot or with a family(girlfriend/boyfriend's family usually)
Expansion packs I own:World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons.

Stuff Packs I own: Outdoor Living, Town Life, High End Loft

Offline HotShot2k

• !Frontside Flip Skaters!
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 09:05:46 AM »
Hi, another note to make is that you can save sims to import when you start a new game, however they have to be in the same household. When you create a sim in the create a sims mode or during a game if you click on a mirror or dresser and click edit appearance or edit outfit then you can edit your sim and also save him to My Studio, this will save you from having to remake sims all over again when starting a new game, instead you just import them from the start in create a sim.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Breerents

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 10:48:34 PM »
Oh, there are so many things you can do in the PC version!  I am content on the Xbox version, but sometimes I wish I could be a PC simmer. :)

Offline SimConvert

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 08:38:41 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply and the information.

I wasn't too sure how long it would take before my guy reached the elder age, so at least I know I have some time to start a family now and my job career is secure.

You could always just disable aging until your sim has made his own family.