Author Topic: The sims 2.  (Read 4633 times)

HannahEloiseee

The sims 2.
« on: March 31, 2012, 04:17:53 PM »
I'm sorry if i can't post this topic here because it's the sims 2, but I can't find an anwser anywhere.

Would my laptop which with all the sims 3 stuff and Ep's work the sims 2?

With all the sims 3 EP's and stuff packs it's taken 13% of hardrive from my laptop. I have a Radeon 5600 or something graphics card which lets me play The sims 3 on high graphics with no lag.

Would I be able to play The sims 2 on my laptop without getting lag? Has anybody eles got the sims 2?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The sims 2.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »
Mine's about a year old, and can play the Sims 2. The only thing is, from my resolution (1366 x 768), I get ugly black bars down the side.

And Sims 3 is high graphics, so if you can play on High Graphics with no lag, you can definitely play the Sims 2 with no lag.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 04:23:15 PM »
Mine's about a year old, and can play the Sims 2. The only thing is, from my resolution (1366 x 768), I get ugly black bars down the side.

And Sims 3 is high graphics, so if you can play on High Graphics with no lag, you can definitely play the Sims 2 with no lag.

Thankyou! I've been looking for an anwser all day. :) How much hardrive space does it take away from your pc/laptop?

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »
I've just ordered the sims 2 double deluxe and seasons.

I have a 64-bit laptop, would it still work?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 04:48:32 PM »
I have a 64-bit laptop, would it still work?

Mine's 64-bit and it works.

How much hardrive space does it take away from your pc/laptop?

I really don't know.

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 04:51:23 PM »
I have a 15 inch screen? Would that make black lines down my screen?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 04:57:22 PM »
Are you on Windows 7? If so, right click on your desktop and click "screen resolution". It should say "Resolution:" and then two numbers with a "x" in between them. If it's greater than 1024x768, you probably will get the bars, but only on the left and right, and it won't cover the User Interface.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 05:02:46 PM »
Ah, so it's just because the screen is to big? Like a TV does when watching a movie sometimes?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 05:11:08 PM »
The physical screen size has little to do with it.  The aspect ratio is what matters.  If your screen has an aspect ratio that didn't exist back when the Sims 2 was around, then it's very likely that you're going to have those bars or the picture will be stretched to fit the screen.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

HannahEloiseee

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 05:19:46 PM »
The physical screen size has little to do with it.  The aspect ratio is what matters.  If your screen has an aspect ratio that didn't exist back when the Sims 2 was around, then it's very likely that you're going to have those bars or the picture will be stretched to fit the screen.

Would it work on 1024x768? Thats the 2nd to last that it can go on. And have you got seasons? I'm abit worried that my video card might not work? It says it has to have a Radeon 7000? Or maybe that's an old copy since it came out in 2009?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 11:05:06 PM »
We really shouldn't allow this topic because it's about another game.  Sims 2 is a completely different game from Sims 3, which what this Forum is about.  Hannah, you would probably be better off finding a Sims 2 forum to ask your question.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything