Author Topic: My sim won't sleep in his bed?  (Read 30313 times)

Offline kindofagirl

• Townie
  • Hanson fan since 1997.
My sim won't sleep in his bed?
« on: April 13, 2012, 06:05:51 AM »
Gosh this game seems full of glitches since I updated generations.

My adult sim won't go to sleep in his bed, this has only just started happening, I managed to get him to sleep by napping on the sofa then he went to bed, but now he won't even do that, I've changed the bed in case it was that but that didn't work.

I click on sleep and he goes to bed, then in a blink he's standing at the bottom of the bed fully dressed, I think I managed to grab a video of it, any ideas? Should I try remodelling the house and moving his bedroom and putting all brand new furniture in?
Sims 3 newbie

loveSims

Re: My sim won't sleep in his bed?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 06:14:33 AM »
The beds can get bugged. Did you buy a new bed? Also clear your cache files and restart the game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kindofagirl

• Townie
  • Hanson fan since 1997.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 06:38:20 AM »
Yeah I bought a new bed, it didn't work, then I told him to sleep in his sons bed (it was empty) he tried but same thing happened then five minutes later he decided himself to go to bed and then he slept.
Sims 3 newbie

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 09:19:41 AM »
Try resetting the sim. Press ctrl+shift+c to open the cheats console, then type in resetSim Firstname Lastname. So if I was resetting Bella Bachelor I would type in resetSim Bella Bachelor. I've had this problem in the past, and this usually fixes it.

Offline kindofagirl

• Townie
  • Hanson fan since 1997.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 09:26:29 AM »
Thanks I'll try that, at the min I'm having to let him get that tired he takes himself to bed, it's the only way he will sleep in the bed
Sims 3 newbie

anything