Author Topic: "3" Speed Level Since Showtime  (Read 2679 times)

Offline EmilyFenty

• Townie
    • Tumblr!
"3" Speed Level Since Showtime
« on: April 21, 2012, 09:38:03 AM »
Hi Simmers,

I have noticed that the "3" speed level has slowed down for me ever since I've installed Showtime. Its not a problem for me as I can still play, its just a little annoying at times. Especially at night!

Does anyone else have this problem? I want to know if it is just me.

Thanks! :)

Emily

Offline Laurencius

• Llama Wrangler
  • Come for the gas, stay for the hummus!
Re: "3" Speed Level Since Showtime
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 10:54:48 AM »
Since Showtine, it stutters a lot for me when I put time at that speed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EmilyFenty

• Townie
    • Tumblr!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 01:30:25 PM »
I have noticed a little bit of lag when i'm using 3, that's probably what it is.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 04:58:48 PM »
I've noticed slower Speed 3 time in Showtime in general and MUCH slower Speed 3 time if a genie has made my house sparkly.  I think my poor graphics card has trouble rendering all those sparkles.  I'm going to use Velocitygrass's "Create Your Own No Effects Mod Tool" (http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=446536) to remove the sparkles from genie cleaning and see if that helps.

Offline EmilyFenty

• Townie
    • Tumblr!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 02:16:24 PM »
Good idea, I don't have the Genie problem. Its just the speed! I hope it fixes for you!

Offline dim4sim

• Tinkerer
  • Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 03:32:15 PM »
If you are experiencing severe slowdowns, there are a few steps that you can take in order for the game to render smoother.  I noticed incredible speedups when I started running Sims via FPSLimiter and rendering the game in Windows XP mode.  Also, windowing seems to help a lot as well.

The slowdowns happen for several reasons: your computer can't handle the number of animation computations that Sims is trying to spit out, and your video card can't update fast enough, causing the hang time.  Safeguard your videocard and you should see improvements.

Hope that helps.

Offline EmilyFenty

• Townie
    • Tumblr!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 03:34:48 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I think the problem seems to have fixed itself for some reason. I did notice that I had this problem when I installed Pets, but the lag stopped. I'm not sure what it was but at least its fixed now!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 04:07:55 PM »
If you are experiencing severe slowdowns, there are a few steps that you can take in order for the game to render smoother.  I noticed incredible speedups when I started running Sims via FPSLimiter and
Interesting.  I'll try that, thanks.

rendering the game in Windows XP mode. 
*laugh*  Since I'm running XP on my computer, my machine is always in XP mode.  :P

The slowdowns happen for several reasons: your computer can't handle the number of animation computations that Sims is trying to spit out, and your video card can't update fast enough, causing the hang time. 
I figured it was something like that; that's why I thought that removing the genie clean-house sparkles would make the game run faster, since it would no longer have to produce all those sparkles. 

Good idea, I don't have the Genie problem. Its just the speed! I hope it fixes for you!
It did help.  Thanks for your good wishes!

Offline EmilyFenty

• Townie
    • Tumblr!
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 04:08:50 PM »
Good! :)