Author Topic: How many children have your sims had?  (Read 68578 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
How many children have your sims had?
« on: October 12, 2009, 04:07:17 PM »
I must say that I have been a simmer since day one and have every sim game and ep made.  Well, back to the post.  I made a sim and she had the lifetime wish to raise 5 kids to teens.  Well, I got obsessed and she got her lifetime wish and then kept going.  She had two sets of twins and triplets and a few singles.  Altogether they had 11 children and then the husband got a wild hair and fathered two children from the lady next door, lol.  So I thought it would be fun to find out how many children other people have had.  Btw, this is a great site and I will be returning often to find out about other people's sims.  The parents were such good parents and I did have 8 people at once in the household.  What a challenge, but it was so much fun.  Now the parents are elder and I made them from the beginning.  Will hate to see them go, but they have a lot of namesakes to keep up the family history, lol.......happy simming.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: How many children have your sims had.....LOL
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 07:13:49 PM »
Hi Saltypaws!  And welcome!

The most I've had from one Sim is 6 kids.  I guess you had to move out the older kids when they grew up so that the mother could have more babies.  I haven't done exactly that yet.  I've spent a lot of time playing my Legacy family and it was more to my benefit that the next generation be brought in, so I'd get the newly adult children have the babies instead of their mother having more.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kreathyr

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 01:03:56 AM »
This sounds like a challenge for you Pam.  ;)
Only six kids?  ;D

bshag

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 11:16:40 AM »
I think I'll let saltypaws have her minions.  :D  Three kiddies are all that I can handle from one sim, not because I'm afraid,  :P but because I don't know what to do with all of them after they turn YA.  I have become leary of changing households due to loss of inventory so for now, I keep them all in one household.  The game doesn't allow for that many sims on a lot.  :D

So 3 from one sim is the most I have, and that third one was a surprise.  ::)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 02:57:46 PM »
You can just move them out of the house when they turn Young Adult.  They'll get the same $16,000 that any Sim gets at the start of a game and you can put them into a little house of their own.  You don't have to play them, just move them and keep your original household as active.  Or, if your family has a lot of money, you can choose for them to buy a more expensive house and it will come out of the family funds.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 12:10:30 AM »
I did have the maximum in the household and let me say, that there were the twins, three toddlers and one youth at the same time, it got hairy there for a while, I have one youth left at home and a teenager a young adult, I am letting one stay in the house for future generations, it was a trip, but I muddled through it, lol........I finally put the mother to work, I think she needed to get out of the house.....
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 12:45:35 PM »
Ok, I guess I'm like Metro.  Sim kids scare me!!  I cannot take care of multiple Sims, but I wanted grandkids, so I made a man and I had him go out all over town!  He had 24 kids, then I turned aging on, turned the short lifespan on and kept eating Life Fruits.  Last time I played him, which was yesterday, he went next door to complete a challenge and ended up getting friendly with the woman, so now she's pregnant.  She hadn't had the kid(s) yet.  So, right now, I guess the answer to your question would be 24 kids, 2 grandsons, and 1 granddaughter!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 12:52:04 PM »
ok i guess im like Metro, sim kids scare me!!!!!!!!!

Well, they don't scare me anymore. Pre-Baby Boomer Challenge, yeah. But, that tourney completely gave me a new outlook. Now, would I still prefer creating a solo Sim or a couple vs. a huge family? Absolutely. I still have my preference for the smaller household, but I learned enough to remove the fear.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 01:23:46 PM »
Good for you, but they still scare me!!! LOL  ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 02:11:48 PM »
I had 6, two pairs of triplets, 3 boys and 3 girls. For a while, they were toddlers at the same time. That was fun!  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 05:12:33 PM »
The first sim I made when I got this game for half a year ago was literally the father of the neighbourhood. I wanted to see how advanced the storytelling option was, so with him juiced up with ambrosia he got like 12 kids with different women across Sunset Valley. However these women did not seem to want to get married and get more children on their own after that, so after a while my neighbourhood was dangerously underpopulated and everybody was a kid of my sim!

He himself only raised a pair of twin girls he had with his wife, but I grew really annoyed at this situation since everybody  was considered "family" so he could not get romantic with the neighbours anymore! However he lived for so long, that before I tired of it, after around 5 generations down the line, these neighbours wasn't considered to be descendants of him anymore. If WA hadn't come out to steal my attention away for another family I would have seen how long this could be taken.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 05:20:03 PM »
In Sims 3, the most my sims have had is 6.

But in Sims 2, I had a couple who ended up raising 20 kids! She had 6 and then got a wish to have 10 kids, so she did that. And after that, she got a wish to have 20 kids, so I thought "what the heck" and let her raise a grand total of 20 kids. They moved out as they grew up, went to college, got married, and had kids of their own. The children and grandchildren would come back often to visit. My sim couple eventually became elders but they had a ton of grandchildren to keep them young.  ;)

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 07:37:21 PM »
I played more families in TS2...so far in TS3 I've only had 2 families, one with 3 children the other with two and I never got them to teen age.  :o  I subsequently had to delete those games when WA came out because any game I had before it was so glitched I couldn't really play it right.

So yeah, kids aren't my thing this time out!  :D  Maybe if they add University or something then I will feel more motivated to raise some kids.  :D  After all having children is a privilege not a right  :o...giggle snort! lol  ;)

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 04:38:12 AM »
Maybe if they add University or something then I will feel more motivated to raise some kids.  :D

I agree, I miss something special for the young ones to do. That EP made it interesting to raise your Sim from a child. Now I never play with kids.

Kauri The Sim

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 09:50:01 AM »
OK, those are some big numbers, but my second family ever has a few kids. I just got sims working and my second family (gave up on first) has had a lot of kids (for my second family). Mia and Jimmy (Guitarist and Author) worked on careers until they twin girls Melanie and Lisa. Then they had another child Jeremy, then twins Thomas and Max. So far all the boys are teenagers (all with the same hair cut as their dad did) and the girls are Young Adults. Melanie moved out with Elton Langraab and Lisa married Lee Yao (from china) and just had a baby girl Layla.

Mia and Jimmy are elders now :( their working and baby-making days are over. I don't want them to die! They both got wishes to have FIVE grandchildren, it's only one each but as if. Not going to happen.

I know 5 isn't even close to other people's, but for my second family it's a lot. :)