Author Topic: How many children have your sims had?  (Read 68418 times)

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
Re: How many children have your sims had.....LOL
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 01:50:38 PM »
I accidentally had 6 once....my sim had 3 kids and wanted another, so since the other three were teenagers and pretty independent, I let her go ahead and have another. Imagine my surprise when she came home with triplet boys. I had done nothing to encourage this. It was awful playing three toddlers at once.The father of this family spent a great deal of time at the gym while they were growing up.

Offline Kaibilly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 09:04:06 PM »
The first sim I made when I got this game for half a year ago was literally the father of the neighbourhood. I wanted to see how advanced the storytelling option was, so with him juiced up with ambrosia he got like 12 kids with different women across Sunset Valley. However these women did not seem to want to get married and get more children on their own after that, so after a while my neighbourhood was dangerously underpopulated and everybody was a kid of my sim!

He himself only raised a pair of twin girls he had with his wife, but I grew really annoyed at this situation since everybody  was considered "family" so he could not get romantic with the neighbours anymore! However he lived for so long, that before I tired of it, after around 5 generations down the line, these neighbours wasn't considered to be descendants of him anymore. If WA hadn't come out to steal my attention away for another family I would have seen how long this could be taken.

I'm doing something similar at the moment, my sim has the have 10 girlfriend lifetime want, so as well as doing that I figured I would see how many kids he can father with the different women, only 2 so far, but I just managed to get the fertility treatment, so I will see how he goes now!
We could learn a lot from crayons:
Some are sharp, some are pretty,
Some are dull, some have weird names,
And all are different colors....but
They all exist very nicely in the same box.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 01:48:39 AM »
The father of this family spent a great deal of time at the gym while they were growing up.

So the Gym has turned into the pub/bar for the sims 3 world?  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 10:44:17 AM »
I'm doing something similar at the moment, my sim has the have 10 girlfriend lifetime want, so as well as doing that I figured I would see how many kids he can father with the different women, only 2 so far, but I just managed to get the fertility treatment, so I will see how he goes now!
Do that, it'll be fun! Actually, my guy's lifetime wish was also to have 10 girlfriends, so I just continued on flirting with all women after I'd finished with it. It can get a little empty in that big town before people start dying off, giving room for more people, so prepare for that!
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 07:48:28 PM »
It can get a little empty in that big town before people start dying off, giving room for more people, so prepare for that!

This is not as much as a problem now that Electronic Arts fixed story progression.  The town has more people and doesn't dry up nearly as much.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 06:35:41 AM »
The father of this family spent a great deal of time at the gym while they were growing up.

So the Gym has turned into the pub/bar for the sims 3 world?  ;D
LOL..it seems to be, I have found it to be a great place for my single sims to find future wives and husbands. I don't know if Riverview's gym is quite as fruitful. The father of the triplets had almost constant wishes to work out....and as soon as I filled one another came up, so I just left him there. The funny thing is, after he had worked out for a day and half, he had one wish after another to talk to his passel of kids. Maybe he just needed to get away from the screaming for a while?

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 06:37:14 AM »
It can get a little empty in that big town before people start dying off, giving room for more people, so prepare for that!
This is not as much as a problem now that Electronic Arts fixed story progression.  The town has more people and doesn't dry up nearly as much.
Really!? Well that's wonderful news for me Pam! I've always been reluctant to do this again for that reason! Now that makes me a happy panda! :D
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 06:44:41 AM »
Sometimes it takes a few sim days for the town to repopulate itself. I noticed that when I play my legacy families. A boss or coworker will die and and for about 2 days there is no replacement, and then one comes long. I think you just have to be patient.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 06:51:33 AM »
Yeah it was like that before also, but in that underpopulated town of mine, everybody was a descendant of my sim, and all businesses had just the one minimum employee (which were the descendants). However, this makes it that there maybe are just 7, or something, sims in the town, excluded my own household, and that is very few! Preferably, this was part of the fix in the story progression, although I'm yet to test that.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 01:25:59 PM »
There are also tourists now, which helps.  They don't have a house in town, but they're around as potential mates, friends, and tip givers.  I'm playing in Riverview now, and even it has better story progression and population. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
You're right about that, Pam. Riverview does seem to repopulate more quickly. Sunset Valley was a ghost town after 5 generations of my lagacy family, so I added some CAS sims to the empty houses. I know it's against the legacy rules, but I really needed to see some fresh faces.
Back on subject, I am working on a baby boomer challenge and so far there are 9 kids and counting (yes,I have spent a lot of time with my sims this weekend). I must have the lucky trait because all 9 have moved out and are still in the neighborhood. Working on baby number 10 right now. This might be the last one because mom is pretty close to elder and I don't think she is real happy about being a broodmare (of course Dad is happy as clam and has constant wishes to woohoo with her. I'm surprised she doesn't beat the tar out of him every time he gets near her, lol.)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 07:22:01 PM »
Simbacat,

Are you playing our Baby Boomer Challenge or a different one?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 07:02:10 AM »
I'm doing the Baby Boomer Challenge. I've had a surprising amount of fun with it, even though I don't really like the toddler or baby stages. Thank goodness for the baby sitter, he practically lives at my house.

TheLostGirls

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 09:54:32 AM »
At my legacy challenge, I had 5 toddlers at once. 8)

I am so never having kids.

Offline jmz95

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 08:57:46 PM »
At my legacy challenge, I had 5 toddlers at once. 8)

I am so never having kids.
Believe me, if raised right, real life kids are a lot more fun to be around than sim toddlers are. Unless of course your name is Thorton Wolff.
"Yes, I try to pick up strange babies, but only in the game.  Don't judge me." - Pam
Too late, Pam. Too late.