Author Topic: Winds of Change - Immortal Dynasty (Completed 9/23/12)  (Read 29137 times)

loveSims

Re: Winds of Change - Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 11:33:31 AM »
Congrats on your first immortal! ;D

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 05:19:48 PM »
Thank you both very much!

Now I must be off, time to scold Valor for playing in the sprinklers again:)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 08:09:48 PM »

Congrats on your first immortal! I like your back-story, btw, and the use of some older terminology. Very fun story!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 12:54:57 AM »
Dear Mother,

It seems as though time is, indeed, repeating itself. It was a mere moment ago that my darling Faith was toddling around, saying something about needing her paintbrushes. Now there is another little blonde girl running to and fro, telling her grandmother she wishes to learn how to cook! But, I get ahead of myself. Firstly, I did enclose an image of Faith taking Grace to her birthday cake (it's a strange tradition, it is, to have cakes on the anniversary of a birth).

And then she was sent to school for her education (again, the apprehensive look appears!).

And then, to make up for this perceived insult, I agreed to a feline companion, named Maya. Unbeknownst to me, Sam had also agreed to one, named Coal. So now, we have a canine and two felines. Thankfully, the cats are wondrous hunters. They hunt insects, avian, reptiles...each other.

Alas, Mother, this idyllic existence did not last long. I am heartsick to write of my mate's passing, as mortals are wont to do. I only hope it eases your heart to know that she was able to spend her last moments with her only beloved daughter.

Shortly after this, our canine companion, Waggles, also passed. She was, I think, grief stricken by her mistress' passing. As Death came for Waggles, the look in her eyes seemed to say, "you have each other. Agnes needs me."

It took some time, but our life returned to normal. Soon enough, Grace was attending her own prom. And the cats became big enough that we thought perhaps Coal would sire some kittens on Maya.

And then came Grace's graduation. As to be expected, Grace graduated at the top of her class, as well.

Oh, and to leave you with this little gem! I do not think we will try to breed the cats after all. This picture made me laugh for quite a bit.

(Author's note: Maya is the grey cat; Coal is the leopard spotted one.)

loveSims

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 08:03:40 AM »
R.I.P Agnes. Grace is very pretty. I love the pictures of the cats. :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 08:08:36 AM »
I really like the way you write there is an almost musical eb and flow to your words.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline kent91blaze

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 10:26:12 AM »
Very lovely story, and I love your way of storytelling.
Good luck!

Kent ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 07:03:24 PM »
Thank you all very much!  :)

I will try and get another update in, because Valor is being stingy in his letters to his mother and hasn't really described Sam or Grace, has he?

He's just like his great-grandfather, His Royal Grace. The doofus.

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 08:50:09 PM »
Are you some distant descendant of Shakespeare, I wonder? It's amazing how you manage to keep that pace of complex language up! I do so enjoy this story.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 02:30:59 AM »
Dear Mother,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for my complete oversight. I have been most neglectful in telling you more of Faith's mate and whelp. If only you could travel to this location!

I have enclosed an older picture of Sam, from when he and Faith were first courting.

He is very much a child at heart! I suspect it is due to a lack of a maternal figure as he matured. But I suppose I can concede that he has grown into a fine male. He was born under the star of Aries, with a preference for Kids music, French Toast (I have only recently traveled to Champs Les Sims in France, but I cannot tell the difference - it is toasted bread, no matter what!), and a love for the color of Green. Yes, Faith and Sam have rather monochromatic sleeping quarters. He is Artistic, Excitable, and Easily Impressed. He was also Inappropriately a Kleptomaniac, but once Grace was birthed, it seemed he changed! His Childish nature came out, but it seemed he also became very Family-Oriented.

As for Grace, she is like both of her parents, in that she also prefers the color of Green. I fear that if this trend continues, I may be living in a house decorated to resemble a malformed tree or shrub! She was born under the star of Virgo, with a taste for Vegetarian Dim Sum (a vegetarian? Our bloodlines?! Dim Grace is more like it!), and she likes music from Egypt. Yes, that land of sandblasting, sandpaper, and quicksand - though there is no slowsand, strangely.

She is a Good girl, very Friendly and Neat. She is a Natural Cook, though apparently, her mother insists she will be a Great Kisser. I do not want to know the details!

But I digress. I shall proceed with more relevant information.

Grace found herself a mate at her school, much as her mother did. His name is Antonio Heller - yes, he is the son of my old friend, Hunter. Antonio is a fine young male, big and strong.

This time, when a blonde female descendant announced her nuptials, I did not even consider a protest.

Antonio is a Good man, with a Good Sense of Humor. Hunter had forewarned me that he also had less desirable traits, but...Mother, he was wrong. Antonio was not Hot-Headed, indeed it was quite the opposite and he is very Nurturing! What Hunter had taken as Absent-Minded was Family-Oriented instead, and he is not so much Clumsy as he is a Virtuoso, and so has many songs in his head. He was born under the sign of Leo, and likes Country music (yet, there is no such thing as City music!). But the best parts? He is quite fond of Hamburger, and his preferred color is...Lilac!

He is exactly the sort of mate I would have chosen for my granddaughter (no more ridiculous vegetarian foods, and no...more...green!).

He was astonishingly quite eager to start that family, as well!

Unfortunately, he was most useless when it came time for Grace to birth her whelp. I am ashamed to say that I, too, was useless.

Again, time repeats itself! Yet another blonde girl-child! Her Royal Grace must be thrilled that the daughters of her clan continue the pale hair.

This child is called Constance, for the blonde is ever a constant in this family. Sam was most thrilled to teach his granddaughter to walk.

I realise, Mother, I am being quite verbose, but I have much to tell you this time. I implore you, speak with the Council. Or, have Her Royal Grace do so! I know that I have no siblings, but somewhere, clan lines are appearing.

This child is no child of mine, but is named Jamie French.

This female also displays the green eyes of clan. Her name is Kara Montano, and she made a very peculiar request of me.

However, it has been too long since Agnes, and so I agreed.

Meet our son, Billy Montano.

Kara sought only my seed, nothing more, as she has Commitment Issues. You needn't worry, Mother, I am not seeking a second mate. I remember your commands, and I obey. However, I do not deny a certain mischievous delight at the idea of the clan of Nemesis being...how did they say? Tainted? by the seed of the Cursed in their lines. For who else would send their children here to distract and fascinate?

One last item, Mother. My darling little Faith is all grown up, and has accepted her birthright.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 02:31:18 AM »
Faith Wind - Second Generation

Spouse: Sam Sekemoto
Favorite Food: Grilled Cheese
Favorite Music: Songwriter
Favorite Color: Green
Astrological Sign: Sagittarius
Education: Valedictorian of the Community School for the Gifted
Traits: Brave, Adventurous, Lucky, Hopeless Romantic, Artistic
Lifetime Wish: Seasoned Traveler
Profession: Painting
SuperMax Skill: Painting
Building: Flying V's Coffeehouse
Property: Crystal Springs
Lifetime Reward: Extra Creative, No Bills Ever, Learned Relic Hunter
Black Ops: A Fishy Science Project, A Small Painting, Painting the City, Jog Everywhere, Help the School, Popular Painter
Best Friends: Sam Sekemoto, Grace Wind, Darlene Ursine, Vita Alto, Tamara Donner, Raymond Hinton
Museum Pieces: Painting - Toddler; Painting, Sculpture - Child; Painting, Sculpture - Teen; Painting, Sculpture - Young Adult; Painting, Sculpture - Adult; Painting, Sculpture - Elder
Immortality Achieved: Week 12, Day 5

Museum Value: $139,229

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 02:33:39 AM »
Again, thank you all for your kindnesses - I admit to a certain joy to Valor and his language, though I do not think I can write Male as well as Female.

But, I am trying!

:)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 11:21:56 PM »
Dear Mother,

By your long silence, I can only surmise you disapprove of my son's existence. If the manner in which he came about distresses you, then I am sorry for it. But, I am not sorry for my unworthy feelings towards the other clan. If nothing else, at least I am honest when it comes to the darker emotions (you would be surprised by the number of these mortals who all pretend that they have nothing but joy and happiness and good in their hearts). After all, was it not Her Royal Grace who once showed us that there can be no shadows without light, and no light without shadows?

In the end, Mother, I did not make that clan my enemy by my actions towards Kara. Nay, they made an enemy of me when they moved to have me exiled! And for what, your mate's bloodlines?

I will admit it is most petty of me, but I am what I am.

There is much news to be had, Mother. The first is that the two felines we had acquired, Maya and Coal, passed within days of one another. They were the best of friends, and while Maya passed first, I do not think Coal wanted to live without her.

Before they passed, however, they did hunt enough fish and sea life that I built a pond on the property in which to keep these fish. Everything, Mother, from the common anchovy to the elusive mummyfish of Egypt, the exotic dragonfish of China, the slippery frogs of France. Once the landscaping of the pond is complete, I will send you some photos. I hope it would meet with His Royal Grace's approval.

Grace continues her employment at the Bistro (she says that is where a true culinary artist can soar). However, she does not permit me to enclose photos of her, she finds the required uniform dowdy.

Constance grew from an adorable toddler into a lovely young woman. She also has fully blossomed, and while she is a Hopeless Romantic like her forebears, she is also very Charismatic, Disciplined, Athletic, and...a Kleptomaniac (this last amuses me greatly).

She and Faith embarked on a holiday to China where she learned the arts of martial combat. Antonio was somewhat apprehensive about this, for Constance is a most...voluptuous...female, but thankfully, her metabolism is high enough to keep her slender. She became learned enough on this holiday to take part in a tournament.

Oh, and we did have a small scare with Sam and metal sculpting! Fortunately, Faith was able to extinguish those flames quickly.

Sam had enormous strength of will - he was determined to see his granddaughter graduate from school (again, as valedictorian) - and he did! He managed to hold on to this mortal life until that same evening, when Death came calling.

Faith and Grace were concerned that Constance might turn away from her duty of finding herself a mate...I do not think they needed to worry. Meet Carmen Eller - he was just leaving school as she was entering, so is a good bit older than her. But he is a fine man.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2012, 11:46:30 PM »
Dear Mother,

Here are some photos from Constance's nuptials. Her bridegroom, as I said, is named Carmen (his parents truly wanted a daughter, it seems). He is a fan of Hip Hop music, Crepes, and the color of Pink (as I said, a daughter!). His starsign is that of Aquarius. He is quite Good, very Family-Oriented and Charismatic, though he is also a Kleptomaniac like Constance. His only downside is that he is rather Inappropriate (I do not fully understand his "yo mamma" jokes, nor his "that's what she said" jokes). I hope that with his marriage, that will change.

When Constance was a teenager, she purchased the park property across the street, and set it up to be appropriate for a wedding venue. So naturally, she and Carmen decided that is where they should marry.

Mother, there are rumors abound that Death is especially attracted to parties and large social gatherings, much like a moth to a flame. I had dismissed them, but...it is true! A family friend, Christy, was taken by Death at the wedding.

It distressed Constance so much, she and Carmen ended the gathering prematurely, and opted to simply marry at home privately.

As I said, Carmen is very Family-Oriented, and persuaded Constance to start a family almost immediately.

Meet her daughter, Charity.

And Mother, Grace is another to join our ranks.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2012, 11:47:29 PM »
Grace Wind - Third Generation

Spouse: Antonio Heller
Favorite Food: Vegetarian Dim Sum
Favorite Music: Egyptian
Favorite Color: Green
Astrological Sign: Virgo
Education: Valedictorian of the Community School for the Gifted
Traits: Natural Cook, Neat, Good, Great Kisser, Friendly
Lifetime Wish: Culinary Librarian
Profession: Culinary
SuperMax Skill: Cooking
Building: EverFresh Delights Supermarket
Property: Performance Park
Lifetime Reward: Born to Cook, Speedy Cleaning, Watering Hole Regular
Black Ops: After School Employment, Eating Contest, Memorable Meals, We Love Falafel, Super Stir-Fry, Swim Into the Grill
Best Friends: Antonio Heller, Constance Wind, Janette Montano, Jared Frio, Vasyl Trahan, Deon Townsend Antwain Worthington Eugene French
Museum Pieces: Painting, Sculpture, Photograph - Toddler; Painting, Sculpture, Photograph - Child; Painting, Sculpture, Photograph - Teen; Painting, Sculpture, Photograph - Young Adult; Painting, Sculpture - Adult; Painting, Sculpture, Photograph - Elder
Immortality Achieved: Week 18, Day 4

Museum Value: $173,850