Author Topic: Household Skills Project  (Read 14249 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Household Skills Project
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 02:36:27 PM »
Oh I am so jealous and happy for Lea of course. Congratulations on your first,of many,moves.

I am off to go poke Beatrice with a stick and make her paint faster.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 02:36:47 PM »
Congrats on your first move!  I just started playing this challenge this morning and so far I'm having a blast.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 04:00:29 AM »
Chapter 5: A fresh start

(A short chapter that's really just an excuse to show off the new house.)

Lea’s new place is the empty lot at 344 Rue de Sterling, handy for the library and office and close to her best friend, Wei Keane.

This time, she wanted a house to suit herself, not someone else’s cast-off (and she does have that building discount).  While she was busy at the library and City Hall, the builders got to work.

The house features plenty of blue (her favourite colour) and was designed to fit in with its neighbours on the street.  Not all the rooms are furnished yet but there’s enough to live comfortably and plenty of space to practise her new skill.

All she needs now is a husband.  That might be tricky – Dai aged up to elder a long time ago and he’s the only NPC she’s met.  I think she’d better spend the afternoon in the park.

Chapter 6

loveSims

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 12:46:51 PM »
Congrats on moving her out. The house look awesome ;D

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 12:50:58 PM »
I want that house...  :P

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 09:11:59 PM »
That is a really pretty house. I am not confident in my ability to build something so nice.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 02:23:47 PM »
Chapter 6: Wait a minute, Mr Postman!

Lea’s visit to City Hall in the last chapter was to change her surname to suit her new skill.  She is now Lea Cook.

She didn’t meet a single NPC at the park.  She threw a housewarming party but only townies came.  She ordered pizza but the delivery guy had horrible traits.  She even called the repairman when her toilet clogged up.  Except it was a repairwoman.   Lea was getting desperate and so was I.  She was now over halfway through adulthood and her Simological clock was ticking.

Then a male NPC turned up spontaneously – but he wasn’t husband material.  An elderly stray cat had taken to sleeping on her front porch and one night, it died.  It was obviously the end of Grim’s shift, because he changed into swimwear and had a go on the slide.

I always wondered what he wore when he was off-duty.  But really, the Grim has curls under that hood?

The next day, Lea was on her way out to the library to read another cookery book when the post arrived.  I know this doesn’t sound exciting but look who delivered it.

“Hello, attractive new postman.  Is your name Chris? And are you single?”
(Puzzled.) “No, it’s Sri. And, yes, I'm single.”

Ooh.  At least three good traits.  What about him, Lea?  You know you’re never going to meet Chris really.
“Sri’s a bit like Chris, isn’t it?”
?!
“Well, it just needs a C and an H.  And some rearranging.”
Er, OK.  Whatever makes you happy.

“So, Sri, do you want to hang out?”

One thing led to another.

And another.

Over a meal of the baked angel food cake she was given on her last visit to the bistro, she asked him to move in.

And he promptly crashed out on the kitchen floor, ignoring two perfectly good bedrooms.

Oh well.  I suppose tomorrow’s soon enough to move their relationship on.

Sri had the old sleeping bag because Lea had given it to him as a thoughtful engagement gift (it was the only thing in her inventory).

He isn’t quite a toyboy but he’s a lot younger than Lea.  I was expecting him to be an adult but he still has a week of young adulthood left.  His traits are an even odder mixture than hers:  he’s a good, grumpy, kleptomaniac, which seems a bit contradictory.  He’s also a virtuoso and schmoozer, which would be very useful if I’d let him join the music career as he wants.  Unfortunately, he’s going to be stuck working part-time at the supermarket.  His lifetime wish is Master of the Arts, so he’s in for another disappointment there.

Chapter 7

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 03:40:18 PM »
Sorry, I forgot to say thankyou for the comments on the house.  If people are interested, I'll upload it to the swap shop when it's fully decorated and furnished.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »
Chapter 7: A wedding and a nooboo

The next morning, Scout Sergeant was outside wondering why the post hadn’t arrived yet, when she saw the missing postman in next-door-but-one’s garden.  What was her new neighbour up to?  And was that a wedding dress?

It was, of course.  Why should having a private wedding in her front garden mean that Lea has to miss out on the chance to wear a big dress?  The happy couple were too busy to notice that they had an audience.

OK, maybe it was actually a bit public for a 'private' wedding:

Somehow, I don't think they cared.

The honeymoon was spent reading cookery books.  Well, some of the time  ;). Soon, Lea started to feel a bit odd.  Had she hit her head too hard last time she fell over on the slide?

Eventually, she realised why she’d been throwing up and went outside to give Sri the good news.  (He was sliding, naturally.)

“I’m pregnant!”
“Rubbish!”

But then he came over all paternal and started wanting to read pregnancy books.  I think he’d had the wish three or four times before Lea announced that she wanted to go to the hospital right now.

And before long, the taxi was taking them home again with their new daughter.  Welcome, Rebecca Cook.

Becky is friendly and excitable, likes red and wants to be a five-star chef.  She just hasn't realised it yet.

Sri is a devoted daddy and keeps wishing to give up his job and be a full-time househusband.   He still needs one more promotion, then I’ll let him quit.

Lea is the main wage earner – she’s still on wedding/maternity leave but is going into the office every day to hold meetings.  I think the stress may be getting to her, though.  She’s muttering about Christopher again.  I thought she was happy with Sri.

Chapter 8

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Household Skills Project - Chapter 7: A wedding and a nooboo
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 01:31:03 AM »
Oh my gosh what an adorable nooboo! That's quite funny about Scout Sargeant watching, I love reading stories from a different perspective.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

loveSims

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 04:41:59 AM »
Congrats with the wedding! He is way to cute to deliver post. ;) The nooboo is adorable!

Ketalar

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 08:22:27 AM »
I love your story! By the way loveSims, I somehow noticed NPCs often turn out to be the prettiest. I guess the game generates them completly randomly but this must be why they're so unique.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 02:39:37 PM »
That's quite funny about Scout Sargeant watching, I love reading stories from a different perspective.
At least I think it's Scout.  The clothes and cane are right and Scout and Bobby are still living in that house but her skin looks oddly dark (particularly once the screenshot's shrunk down to 600x800).  At the time, I thought it was funny that one of the neighbours was watching but didn't think to hover the mouse over and get a definite ID.

He is way to cute to deliver post.
I so agree!   ;D  He arrived with that hairstyle, by the way - must have been tucked up under his postman's cap :)

NPCs often turn out to be the prettiest
I haven't played with many NPCs (one of the reasons behind the project) - but Sri's certainly very pretty.