Author Topic: Anybody Use Any Other Worlds?  (Read 15832 times)

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
Re: Anybody Use Any Other Worlds?
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 10:33:24 AM »
This question is for anyone that is using a world from realtysims.com
Is says on the site that there were a couple of problems with the installation of ambitions. Has any one seen this? I want to download a world from there but don't want problems.

And Pam did you like Cascade Hill?

Leto85

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 10:38:17 AM »
This question is for anyone that is using a world from realtysims.com
Is says on the site that there were a couple of problems with the installation of ambitions. Has any one seen this? I want to download a world from there but don't want problems.

And Pam did you like Cascade Hill?

Although I don't have used a world from there, what I highly recommend you though is backup your game before installing a new world. If anything goes wrong, you have something to get back to.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 10:46:03 AM »
Thanks Leto!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 07:10:56 PM »
I didn't care for Cascade Hills or Falls or whatever it was. I just wanted to test a player-made world to see how it works and what it's like. Now that I've done that, I doubt I'll try any others. The thing about Cascade Whatever is that all the houses look the same. They are different designs but the interior designs were all the same. Every last one of them had the same beds, the same kitchens, the same living rooms. It got really boring. I also never got comfortable with collecting items. I seemed to have an unusually hard time finding seeds and gems, so I wasn't convinced that the builder had stocked the town the same way EA does.

I can understand why they are having trouble with Ambitions because those player made towns aren't necessary made like the EA made towns. There's bound to be some trouble slipping Ambitions into a town that wasn't built for it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 07:45:14 PM »
I tried Cascade Falls too and was not impressed.  Like you said Pam, it was kinda boring and I didn't like the feel of it at all.  I will just stick to playing what I have.  Is there a way to take those new towns out of the drop down menu?
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2010, 08:06:51 PM »
Salty,

Try opening your launcher and clicking on the Installed Content button. They should show up and have the option to delete them.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2010, 08:23:46 PM »
Thanks Pam, will try that.  Might as well delete them if I am not going to play them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2010, 05:58:34 AM »
I haven't tried downloading a town yet, and not too sure when I will. This is not because I don't trust CC (I use quite a bit of CC myself from trusted sites), but because the world is only as good as the person making them is. And frankly EA have a whole team working on something like this. That is why the EA ones are the best ones so far, they have the resources to make all the houses in them stylish (or not), and different to each other. So far I'm happy modifying existing worlds with different houses, etc. And now that there is the in-world editor to change lot sizes and place new lots i'm quite happy with this.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2010, 01:23:04 PM »
Thanks Pam and Salty. I tried pagoda Isles. I am liking it. It is smaller and I actually like the uniform look. I find the EA worlds have to many options for me and I never really liked the layout of the houses. I am happy with the amount of spawners? and since the world is not to big I can scroll my camera around and find things easier than in the EA worlds. Once I have the Collection finder I can see how good the placements really are. Thanks again!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 01:25:09 PM »
Once I have the Collection finder I can see how good the placements really are.

Please let us know what you find out with the Collection Helper.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2010, 01:27:39 PM »
OK will do  ;D

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2010, 04:05:05 PM »
Pagoda Isles isn't too bad, they actually have some nice houses, but, the other two, were, well, blah. That is the only way to describe it.  I guess I am just too use to the SV and RV.

Leto85

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2010, 12:00:48 PM »
I got a question about Create a World.
Can we still loading created worlds in the game after Ambitions is installed? I'm asking because creating a world will still not work, because of the bug message, and the page acording to creating worlds at www.thesims3.com is 'under construction' one of the last times I checked. Of course I can try this myself, but I don't feel like in getting bugs ingame, for incase I have that change.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2010, 09:51:15 PM »
I don't have Create A World, but I've heard that it doesn't work with Ambitions installed.  Can't confirm that, though.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Leto85

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2010, 04:40:33 AM »
Yes, I know. But I've read somewhere that you are experimenting with other worlds, beside the three from EA. Are they still working with Ambitions installed? Because, if so, and taking in mind the repairtime for CAW in combination with Ambitions that could take a while I might consider to reinstall Ambitions and make a empty map in CAW with nothing than nature and at least a infrastructure. So I can use that as a base in my game than.
Only downside it: I don't think I can upload it to www.thesims3.com because I can't upload it from CAW.

anything