Author Topic: Ambitions: First Impressions  (Read 161784 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: Ambitions: First Impressions
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2010, 03:56:16 AM »
If you had the books in your inventory could you not simply place them in the library if your sim visits it?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2010, 05:31:37 AM »
If you had the books in your inventory could you not simply place them in the library if your sim visits it?

If you own the skill books, you can read them at the library and get the benefit of the atmosphere.  But I think the complaint is that they aren't free anymore at the library for poor Sims.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2010, 05:44:44 AM »
I just thought if a sim from one household put skill books from their inventory into the bookcases at the library, would they be available for other sims to use if you change household?

Leto85

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2010, 06:12:58 AM »
I just thought if a sim from one household put skill books from their inventory into the bookcases at the library, would they be available for other sims to use if you change household?

You've accidentially copy'd my idea (see a few post before this). :P But still glad to hear we are as smart. :P

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2010, 06:18:55 AM »
Ah, I see.  I don't normally change active households, so I didn't think of it that way.  But I don't know if you can put books into library shelves from your Sim's inventory.  I'll try to remember to check it out.  My Sim Carina Dreamweaver just married one of the locals (Goodwin Goode) and I think they are expecting a baby!  Haha!!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Leto85

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2010, 06:57:08 AM »
Ah, I see.  I don't normally change active households, so I didn't think of it that way.  But I don't know if you can put books into library shelves from your Sim's inventory.  I'll try to remember to check it out.  My Sim Carina Dreamweaver just married one of the locals (Goodwin Goode) and I think they are expecting a baby!  Haha!!

Haha, to what I've read from your experience on how the locals look I am very curious about how your baby will look like! :D If it will become a beauty queen (or king). :P

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2010, 07:37:07 AM »

You've accidentially copy'd my idea (see a few post before this). :P But still glad to hear we are as smart. :P

I saw your post, but my idea was different because mentioned making the library a home. I wasn't sure if that's necessary. But no biggie :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

enigma1717

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2010, 07:52:55 AM »
For those wondering about the library, or just the real estate aspect in general, here is a short run down from my experience:

Priced on lots fluctuate a bit in game, mainly they get more expensive then would be expected before in say sunset valley. However, now you can buy much more then just businesses, now you can buy community lots. Basically, when you own a community lot you can build on it, as well as buy mode for it, all from the little button when you click the lot and press "Real Estate...". There are only three levels, though, for the properties to be "upgraded" to and many I bought were already at level 2. So, for example, I needed 2 grills, a picnic table, and a little value added to the town park and it was maxed, bringing in more cash each monday. So far, the rendezvous spot is worth the most I've seen and has been the hardest to upgrade as well.

How this relates to the library, the library in the beginning of the game is a basic, non-upgraded lot, when I bought the library, when I added a shelf with skill books in the new buy mode as owner it gave me enough value to upgrade the lot with the other items I needed. This may be why it is such a crappy library to start, and it certainly is why the rendezvous place mysteriously has two empty floors (you'll need them!). Planning to buy the consignment shop on my next sim and see if that does anything to how it works, but buying things like the grocery, spa, or even the stylist shop didn't change the pricing on those places, it only affects the restaurants which when you become partner you eat there for free. However, I think that's been the case for awhile.

Valadhiel

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2010, 07:57:09 AM »
Yay! My idea worked. I used a new sim to transport the framed paintings in her inventory to my new house in Twinbrook. I'm glad, because some of them were my favourites.

What did you do exactly?

Leto85

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2010, 09:00:25 AM »

I saw your post, but my idea was different because mentioned making the library a home. I wasn't sure if that's necessary. But no biggie :)

Haha, it wasn't important anyway. Now I read your post it is indeed a bit different, but in my other I was just teasing you. ;)

Leto85

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2010, 09:04:02 AM »
Excellent info enigma1717! :O

Can you even start hotels this way? Or build homes for people who will than pay you rent money?

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2010, 10:17:25 AM »
Fix for the Twinbrook library missing skill books:

Go into edit town mode.

Select the library.

Go into Build/Buy mode.

Add the bookcase titled "Book Corral".

This is the bookcase that holds study objects.  I did this, went right back into live mode, and selected it for "Read..." and it listed all the base game skill books.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2010, 04:00:22 PM »
Pam watch out for that Goodwin. If you read some of the townies info before you create a Sim you will see one family (they live down the road from Goodwin I believe) their name is hyphenated anyways I played them and the girl is pregnant but not showing from the start and Goodwin is the father. I would imagine since this was from the start and not something I did then it will be like that in all games. When or if you are able to play as him check his family tree to know for sure.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2010, 05:45:05 PM »
Pam watch out for that Goodwin. If you read some of the townies info before you create a Sim you will see one family (they live down the road from Goodwin I believe) their name is hyphenated anyways I played them and the girl is pregnant but not showing from the start and Goodwin is the father. I would imagine since this was from the start and not something I did then it will be like that in all games. When or if you are able to play as him check his family tree to know for sure.

Oh, thanks!  The fiance he broke up with was Jenni with a hyphenated last name. She was living with him and there was no baby, but I'll check his family tree for sure.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2010, 05:53:39 PM »
Is it my imagination or do some of these people in Twinbrook have wrinkles and they are not even elder yet?  Talk about a bunch of homely looking sims, no wonder they have makeovers now. lol
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?