Author Topic: Patch 1.34  (Read 4781 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Patch 1.34
« on: June 04, 2012, 01:06:07 PM »
Patch 1.34 is released today, already updated but yet to try out the game. Praying it has not affected me in anyway! It's a minor patch, although apparently it has brought us some new Floors/Walls!

Quote from:  From the SimsVIP
The update includes the following fixes:
To install this update, please start your game and use the “Updates” tab in your Launcher.
Generations
Lot Names from Generations will no longer show debug text when you uninstall Generations.
Showtime
Fixed an issue where fires created by Unicorns reignite repeatedly after being extinguished.
General Updates
Additional bug fixes and polish to existing features.

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Patch 1.34
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 01:44:23 PM »
This patch is probably to coincide with the fact that tomorrow is the release date of KPST in the US.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Galena

• Townie
Patch 1.34
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 05:32:40 PM »
Update 1.34 is out, and its huge, almost a gigabyte!  I wonder why its so big.

(Link to patch notes) http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=5&selYear=2012#500066152
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 05:53:09 PM »
It didn't seem that big when I downloaded it -- more like 150 mb.

Builders should be happy: there are new floor, wall, and roof patterns, including thatched roofs.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 05:57:24 PM »
Wow, EA included alot of stuff in this update!  Looks like three roof patterns, nine wall patterns, three flooring patterns, a couple trees, and I'm not sure about this, two terrain paints.
My Builds
Growing Family Home
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Offline ZapKid

• Electronic Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • I'm doing an internet! Woooahhh!
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 06:08:34 PM »
Hmm... can I have some photos anyone? (Even though I won't be able to test them out since I can't play my game.)

...Is anyone else expecting a new world? :P
Same thing happened with Lunar Lakes, got a patch with wallpapers and trees and stuff.
Find my builds here. | Last Created; Cubeached
Also, feel free to request a home by PMing me! Always happy to help.

Hey guys I'm taking an extended hiatus... again. I'm out of ideas to build houses and I don't have as much fun designing homes like I used to; it feels more like a chore. So that's where I'll be, I will probably be back sometime. :P

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 06:09:41 PM »
I was in the middle of playing earlier and it crashed suddenly (it doesn't normally at all) and when I went back in there was a patch. It crashed a couple of times in the same way after I installed the patch and then it just stopped and was fine for a few hours. Don't know if it's coincidental timing with the patch or not.

Wow, EA included alot of stuff in this update!  Looks like three roof patterns, nine wall patterns, three flooring patterns, a couple trees, and I'm not sure about this, two terrain paints.

Heck yeah!  :D

I can't wait to use them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 06:16:53 PM »
Almost a GB? It's just 133.4 MB here.

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 06:27:04 PM »
Leto85 and MarianT, you are probaly right, I wonder why my patch download progress window said it was about 930 mb

ZapKid Here's some pictures

Edit: Got rid of some pictures of stuff not included in the update
My Builds
Growing Family Home
Savey Simoleon Mall

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 06:28:15 PM »
I just went to have a look, I don't know the trees or wall coverings to notice if there's been something added but I know the roofs.

There are 3 new thatches all in very light shades. I'm a bit disappointed, they don't look like any thatches I've seen. They're kind of white, grey and a very pale yellow. The ones I've seen around Kent, UK are nearly black. And I think I've seen some others that are a much darker yellow.  :-\

When I heard 'thatch' I thought of the black ones, and I got excited about being able to do tutor buildings.  :(

I had a good look at the trees and I have no idea which are new.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 06:29:22 PM »
Leto85 and MarianT, you are probaly right, I wonder why my patch download progress window said it was about 930 mb

There are also Superpatches which are a way to force the game to update if it glitches, some people have to use them. Depends where you download the Patch from. Those trees are not new with this patch. All the new stuff is in the second link of my post below:

Patch 1.34 is released today, already updated but yet to try out the game. Praying it has not affected me in anyway! It's a minor patch, although apparently it has brought us some new Floors/Walls!

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 06:32:53 PM »
Oh and I think, the layout of the roof options was a bit different. The ones that aren't available for auto roofing looked to be highlighted in a different colour. Or maybe I'm imagining it.  ::)

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 06:33:16 PM »
I got the patch from the launcher

Edit:  I'm going to need to redownload Create A World :(. I just did that a week ago.

Edit 2: Picture removed
My Builds
Growing Family Home
Savey Simoleon Mall

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 06:43:14 PM »
I think that was a previous Patch as well. Did you see the link I quoted that has pictures of all the new content?

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 06:49:24 PM »
Yes , but it doesn't have the new concrete wall, and I'm almost certain that came with the update, so I don't really trust it.  Anyways, I removed the picture.
My Builds
Growing Family Home
Savey Simoleon Mall

anything