Author Topic: Defrag precents  (Read 2355 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Defrag precents
« on: June 04, 2012, 06:57:30 PM »
I just did the uninstall of all EPs and SPs. Everything is out. I went in and checked the registry and the file numbers that where listed where gone. My Electronic Arts folder is gone.

I ran the CCCleaner. I just ran my Defraggler 2 nights ago. I ran the anylazer and says it's at 46%. Is that good? Do I need to run it again? Or am I good to start reinstalling?

Also, How do I make sure that ALL CC is out of my system? Will the only way it will get in the game is if I install it in the launcher or the mods folders?

Shannon

Offline Galena

• Townie
Re: Defrag precents
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 07:24:39 PM »
Look in EA's Folder in Documents, and Program Files (or Program Files (x86) if its present.  If in both there is no The Sims 3 folder you almost certainly have no CC/ Mods.
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 07:27:40 PM »
Look in EA's Folder in Documents, and Program Files (or Program Files (x86) if its present.  If in both there is no The Sims 3 folder you almost certainly have no CC/ Mods.

Both folders are gone from my files. I removed all my sims2 games awhile back so that took care of the EA folder and one for The Sims 3 is gone. The only one i have is a back up but that is on my external hard drive.

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 07:44:06 PM »
You should be fine then.
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Defrag precents
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 08:30:38 PM »
I just reinstalled base game, launched and it's doing the updates now. After the update I'll create a game file, run it a few, then install world adventures,

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 07:27:54 AM »
I'm certainly not a computer whiz so I'm only going on what I was told by the guy who does my repairs. When you run a defrag analysis if more than 10%  of your files are defragmented you should run the program.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Defrag precents
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 07:53:36 AM »
Thanks after I download the new sp today and see what else I junk in my harddrive, tonight I'll run it in safe mode and run the defrag.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything