Author Topic: Modern beach eco house  (Read 5851 times)

Offline Decima

• Townie
Modern beach eco house
« on: June 05, 2012, 12:18:28 PM »
Modern beach eco
By Decima

Lot size: 30x30
Price furnished: 126, 066
Price unfurnished: 59,973
Bedrooms: 2
Bathrooms: 3 (2 en suites)
Suggested placement: 477 Sunnyside blvd, Sunset Valley
Content used: base game and eco pack that can be downloaded free here: http://gb.store.thesims3.com/renault (it's from the GB store, so not sure if you can get it outside the UK)

I made this before I got any expansion packs and played three generations with it so I'm very attached to it.  ;D It was designed to take advantage of the amazing views from this lot. I found it was great for having parties and surprisingly good for raising kids, even though there are only 2 bedrooms. At one stage I had 1 adult and had adopted 7 kids. The kids room was a tight squeeze but with three bathrooms it worked fine!

One of the generations was a painter, so the house comes with a few artworks, one was handy so items like the stove and toilets are upgraded, one was athletic so there's an open gym by the pool. Once I got the eco pack I thought the stuff would work well with this house, so added a few of the items from it, including the eco car, solar panels and wind turbine, all of which reduce the household bills. One of the people liked fishing so it was good to be able to walk out from the garden, go jogging down the beach and fish in the ocean.

The house gives a beautiful vista moodlet as well as varying 'good decoration' ones. Upstairs in the living area it's +40. The car doesn't get stolen as it's parked by a burglar alarm. I originally had a sports car parked there and the burglar got caught before he got to the car.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: Modern beach eco house
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 12:59:48 PM »
Wow Decima ! I love it. I don't have the Eco Pack but I'm going to try and get it. What a view from the balcony. Is it a lot from Sunset Valley?
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 01:35:06 PM »
Yup, it's on 477 sunnyside blvd. I think it could be my favourite lot of the whole game in all the towns that I've seen.  :D

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 03:00:05 PM »
I was able to download the Eco Pack but did get a pop-up saying that it was incompatible and could make my game crash. I'm sure I could still download it and use it without that pack. I will give it a try.  :)
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 04:48:32 PM »
It must be because of the country of origin then, because mine downloaded fine. I was surprised at how easy it was tbh.  :)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 09:06:34 AM »
Sorry Decima. It was all my fault. I forgot all about the update yesterday and I forgot about the two Mods I have installed and that's what the problem was all about. :P  I just removed them and was able to install the Eco Pack just fine. Now I'm downloading your lot. Anxious to place it and get to see it up close. Thanks so much for sharing !  :)
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »
Ah! This is why I don't use mods. I've been tempted but I'm just too scared of it messing with the game in ways I didn't intend.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 10:06:36 AM »
I only use Overwatch and Error Trap. It helps with cleaning up the cars that get stuck all over town, that sort of thing. I haven't tried any others.
ladybug53's Studio

Offline nicstriumph

• Llama Wrangler
Modern beach eco house
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 10:59:56 AM »
Love it! Now just to get the funds to purchase such a lovely house :)

Thanks for sharing Decima!

Love. Life. Beautifully.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 02:56:14 PM »
The house is my tasty! Thanks a lot.
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

anything