Author Topic: Can't free the Genie - solved, sort of  (Read 5456 times)

Chuckles_82

Can't free the Genie - solved, sort of
« on: June 14, 2012, 06:37:02 AM »
So I've managed to free a Genie from the lamp in Bridgeport, no problems whatsoever.  But when I try it in UC, my sim comes out of the Mauseleum and the opportunity never completes. Does anyone know what might be causing it? Or any suggestions to get it to work? The first two parts complete just fine (freezing, heating), just not the third part. I've tried it with two different households.

Edit: the completed opportunity music plays, but no pop-ups. I've had this music at all sorts of random times throughout play in UC lately. I'm not sure what's causing it.
Edit 2: saving after 'taking the lamp undergound' and waiting for my sim to come out on their own, then deleting cache files, then restarting the game does not complete the opportunity either. Cancelling the opportunity and making the wish again and trying the same process yeilds the same result. The final opportunity won't complete.

Edit 3: So I loaded a previous save and did a few things different

1: I made sure I used base-game fridge and stove (previously I used store content)
2: I made sure I hadn't already added a simbot
3: I made sure that the sim who bought the lamp completed the opportunity

So it was one of those three things that broke it. Hopefully that helps anyone else who comes across the problem.

Scream26

Re: Can't free the Genie - solved, sort of
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 04:36:24 AM »
I had this problem in Riverview, as well, so it may not be UC.  My Sim would come out of the mausoleum quite quickly after going in without the "horrified" moodlet.  I didn't notice music playing, but the music from Ambitions (when you do something profession-related) constantly is on repeat when I get notifications for some reason, so a change is always welcomed.  I simply had my Sim re-enter the mausoleum five or so times until, finally, the genie was freed.  It was quite similar to trying to get an adventure off of the adventure board - queue 8 attempts and one just might work.   ::)

Hope that helps anyone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline OhMyZeus

• Llama Wrangler
    • Fruity Zeus for Life!
Can't free the Genie - solved, sort of
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 12:50:58 PM »
Remember to summon the genie again!
The Floss Immortal Dynasty Updated 30th July 2012

Fruity Zeus for Life!

If money does not grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?

anything