Author Topic: In The Dark-Newest Log-The End  (Read 12463 times)

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
  • Call me Sadie :)
Re: In The Dark-It's back!-Newest Log-What Oma Wants
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »
Log 16-Deciding
Halie
   I step out of the bathroom, and fluff my hair with a towel to dry it. It feels a lot nicer to have all the sand and salt water off me. I was hoping a hot shower would clear my head, like it used to, but now all I can think about is how much the water bill is going to cost. Marley cries from the kitchen, and stops in a moment. "There you go, Marley." Coos Warren. I walk into the dining room to Warren laughing as Marley tries to get the bottle into her mouth. Eventually she finds it in her mouth and slurps happily.
   I walk up to him and place my arms around him, and place my head on his back. "Hey." He says gently. In the voice he used the first time I actually spoke to him, back in the school. "Hey." I say quietly. "What's wrong?" He asks, using his same voice. "Everything." I say, my voice cracking. He turns around and gathers me in his arms, I place my head on his chest and listen to his heartbeat, wanting to shut away the outside world. I squeeze my eyes shut. "Oh, Halie, what happened?" "I meet with Oma. She . . she wants me to do something for her." He tenses, and his heartbeat quickens. "You meet Oma, what did she want?" "She wants me to make amends with her sister, she says her sister Jill can fix what Kali did.Kali was the one who trapped us all in the school. And the Lady who they all spoke to before they escape." "The one clothed in white?" I nod. "Yes. But her sister leaves in Twinbrook." He tenses more. "That far away?" I nod, "Yeah, and I don't know how long I'll be there. And I don't know where Jill lives. And I don't want to leave Shirley or Marley. And, I don't want to leave you." The farthest I've been from Warren is the book store. Because I'm so afraid if I leave him, I'll never find him again. "I can't leave you!" I cry. "Shh," He says soothingly. "Shh, calm down Halie." Warren squeezes me tighter, and gently rocks me.
   "She said Jill can fix this?" "Yes, she said if I can make amends with her sister, that it'd be fixed." "it's worth a try. I don't want you to leave either, but we might be able to fix this." "I know." I pick my head up and look into his eyes. The eyes that melted me to my feet that now melt me to the center of the earth and make my heart skip beats and made me fall in love. I try to focus on the whole offer, but I can't.
    My mind keeps wandering to when he proposed. We walked through the park, it was late and the moon illuminate the pathway. It was before Shirley came to live with us, she officially moved in a week after the wedding.We walked down the path in between the trees. And talked about little things, work, the dog, ect. When he abruptly stopped, and pulled me to a stop too, since he was holding my hand. The moon light fell through the trees in a spotlight. He smiled, and his eyes saw straight through me. Then he keeled down, and got on one knee. "What are you doing?" I asked. "I love you, Halie." he said, not answering me. "We've been through so much together. And I admit, I would not have choose any other person to go through it with." I was confused with his words. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a box. When the lid opened, a ring glistened like a miniature sun. "Halie, will you marry me?" I stared at him in awe, "Yes, yes! Yes, Warren." I said, over joyed. He slid the ring on my finger and lifted me off me off my feet and spun me around.
   I wish I could bottle that up and keep it forever. Warren gently runs his fingers through my hair.

"You should go. One part of me says that. But the other doesn't want you to leave." He whispers. "But you should go, I'll miss you like crazy. But we might just be able to fix this mess."

I put my hands on his shoulders, tears gathering in the corner of my eyes. "Are . . are you sure?" He nods painfully slow. "Yes, I'll take care of the girls." "She said if I was going to meet her tomorrow at midnight." He smiles. "Drink lots of coffee." I smiles. "Yeah, lots and lots."

He places his hand on my cheek. "I love you so much." "I love you, too." I say. He pulls me close again and lifts me off my feet.

"We'll make the most of the time left. Shirley, Marley, You and me."
   *******************************************************************************************************************************
   I give Warren one last hug before climbing into the car. "Bye, be safe." He says lovingly. "I'll be fine, bye." I start the car and drive down the main street to the beach. After I pull my car into the empty parking lot, I check around to see if anyone is there. It's eerily quiet and dark. But I stop Oma on the top of the hill.
She blends into the dark night. I run over to her, freaked out to be out so late without someone I know. "Hello Halie. You came." "Yea." I say out of breath. "I did." She frowns. "i must speak quick. For someone watches." I take a deep breath, to calm my racing heart. Oma takes a box from her coat. "Here, this is everything you need. Plane ticket, address to a rental house, rental car keys. The only thing missing is Jill's address, since I don't know it." "Thank you. Anything else?" "Yes, carefully who you speak too. They are every where, they watch you and your family and the rest of the children from the school. Now, careful young Halie. The world is a cruel place." She shakes my hand. "Thank you, I can not express my thankfulness. Now run, they watch and are coming. Run!" She turns around and disappears and I run. My feet pound against the hillside and I don't stop till I'm in the car, with the doors locked. Why did Oma tell me to run? We were alone. The box she gave me sits in the seat next to me, my lifeline to find Jill. I start up the engine and drive home, the only odd thing I saw was what looked like a white mist in distance.

Hope you liked the update and please tell me what you think!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
Re: In The Dark-Newest Log-Deciding
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2012, 06:16:11 PM »
Oh so suspenseful. I wonder who "They" are?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2012, 07:37:26 PM »
Oh so suspenseful. I wonder who "They" are?
Thanks! I'll try to have another update on Thursday.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2012, 08:44:14 PM »
Cliffhanger!

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2012, 08:58:34 PM »
Cliffhanger!
Yup! Exactly what I was aiming for!

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2012, 04:13:20 PM »
Log 17-Leaving
   I pull Shirley into a hug, and squeeze her tightly. Before hugging Marley. "Be good for Warren." I tell Shirley, struggling to keep my voice from cracking. "Okay, I love you Halie." "I love you, too." I kiss the top of her head and Marley's. Shirley lifts up Marley from the side walk. "Bye, Warren," I whisper. "Bye, Halie. I love you." "I love you, too" He kisses me before hugging me tightly. "Take care of yourself. Call us." I nod, and take a deep breath. "Love you all." I say, getting into the cab. I wave till I can't see them through the back window. I fight the feeling to tell the taxi driver to turn around. We drive in silence, all the way to the airport. I hand him the money, pull my purse on my shoulder and confidently walk into the airport. Security goes by fast, and I'm left sitting by the gate, waiting for the plane. I reread the flight information Oma gave me. Safely tucked away in my purse, are the keys to the rental house, the reservation number for the rental car, and a note that Oma wrote to me. She doesn't have her sister's address, so I have to find her. The people at the counter announce that the plane is now boarding.
   I stand in line, with everyone else. Business men and woman, families with small children who are over tired, Older couples who visited the beach or are going to visit Grand kids. I doubt any of them are going to meet a witch sister because another witch asked her to to save time from the other witch. On the plane, it's loud. I sit in between a mother with a crying baby and a business man who knows nothing about personal space.
To say the least, it was a very long flight.

Short, I know. The next one will be longer. Hope you liked the mini update and please feel free to comment!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2012, 04:46:39 PM »
I like how you described the plane ride. Hopefully things will go well?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Immortal
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2012, 08:29:28 PM »
This is very suspenseful! :-\ I'm excited to see how things go in Twinbrook! Halie and Warren are so sweet together.

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2012, 11:30:58 AM »
I like how you described the plane ride. Hopefully things will go well?
Thanks. I can't promise anything, but it ends well.
This is very suspenseful! :-\ I'm excited to see how things go in Twinbrook! Halie and Warren are so sweet together.
I wanted to show the bond that Halie and Warren share, so I'm glad that it showed. And I hope the suspense it an okay thing, I love writing suspenseful parts! ::)

• Immortal
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2012, 01:08:22 PM »
Yes, the suspense is definitely a good thing, and you do it very well! ;D

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2012, 06:17:23 AM »
Wow I just read your story in one go! It just kept me engaged throughout! You are an awesome writer Sadie.

I really like Halie. She's an awesome character. The last log sounded so bittersweet, but again fingers crossed.

Hoping for a new update sooon...
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2012, 05:43:11 PM »
Wow I just read your story in one go! It just kept me engaged throughout! You are an awesome writer Sadie.

I really like Halie. She's an awesome character. The last log sounded so bittersweet, but again fingers crossed.

Hoping for a new update sooon...
Wow. Thank you.
Don't worry. I should have an update tomorrow, at the latest Saturday ;D

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2012, 09:48:28 PM »
Log 18-Arriving
The hour after the flight was all a blur, getting off. Getting my suitcase, going through the mob to the rental place. The car that Oma requested, is pretty sweet. It's orange, and drives nice. I put in the address to the house and set off. I am glad to see that Twinbrook is much less affected then Sunset Valley, and even still holds it's own charm that Sunset Valley lost. I pass a grocery store, and turn the car around. I have no idea how long I am going to be here, and might as well get some supplies.

I had to ask several employes where things were. I was so used to my Grocery store, knowing where everything is. But I'll live. I walked back to the car and put the groceries in the passenger seat before getting into my seat.
   I follow the GPS directions to the house and pull into the parking spot in front of the house. I step out of the car and breath in the clean air, it was cool, but not freezing. I lug my suitcase and bags into the house, and plop all the groceries on the counter,

before investigating the house. When you walk in, it's the living room. With white couches and green walls. The kitchen has dark cabinets and a eat in. One of the two doors is the bathroom and the other is the bedroom. After placing my suitcase in the room, I walk into the bathroom and take a quick shower.

The shower actually does clear my head, since I don't have to worry about the water bill. I get out, and get dressed before walking into the kitchen. I use the microwave to heat up a frozen pizza, and pour a glass of soda. As I wait for the pizza, I call Warren and tell him I'm fine and all that. I talk to Shirley, well, she mostly talks. About school and life as if I haven't seen her in a million years. I say goodbye as the microwave dings.
   I carefully take out the bubbling pizza and place it on a paper plate next to the glass of soda at the bar.

I eat slowly, wanting to drag out the time. When I finish, I throw away the plate and refill the glass. I lug my computer on to the counter and turn it on.

I surf the internet, and read random blog post and stories before typing this up.
Soon, though, I can barely keep my eyes open. So I crawl into bed, and fall into a restless sleep.
Log by:Hailey

Hope you liked the update and please feel free to comment!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
In The Dark-Newest Log-Arriving
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »
Good job, Sadie! I've bookmarked this!

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
Re: In The Dark-Newest Log-Arriving
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2012, 10:06:55 PM »
Good job, Sadie! I've bookmarked this!
Thank you, Jude!

Joanne

« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2012, 03:08:32 AM »
That last picture are so interesting! I've never pay attention to the sims Pc. I like all the detail in your story, like the groceries on the counter and the picture of her showering in the mirror. :)

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2012, 07:28:29 AM »
That last picture are so interesting! I've never pay attention to the sims Pc. I like all the detail in your story, like the groceries on the counter and the picture of her showering in the mirror. :)
Thank you!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2012, 11:44:26 AM »
So descriptive, I could almost taste the pizza!

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »
So descriptive, I could almost taste the pizza!
Thank you! I really want pizza....

• Immortal
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »
I loved your descriptions! ;D Also, that picture of her showering in the mirror is great.

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2012, 12:09:32 PM »
I loved your descriptions! ;D Also, that picture of her showering in the mirror is great.
Thank you so much, Apples.

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2012, 08:35:09 AM »
Log 19-A Successful Run
  When I wake, I don't at first recognize where I am. Warren isn't next to me. I don't see the pond outside my windows to my left. Till it hits me like a bag of bricks, Twinbrook, witches, Warren, Shirley and Marley are in Sunset Valley. Not here.
   My chest feels tight, and aches. Tears swim in front of my eyes and I fight the urge to get up and run to the airport and take the earliest fight possible back to Sunset Valley.
   But I can't do that, I have to fix this. The only way to stop thinking about the ache in my chest is to stay busy. I grab the dirty clothes off the floor and carry them to the kitchen, there's a small corner with a washing machine and dryer. With a bit of Laundry soap left over from a previous occupant.

The machines are no work of art, and are very loud. I grumble as I walk to the fridge. I make a bowl of cereal and pour some honey into it like I do for Shirley and scoop it into my mouth, regretting the honey since it reminds me of her.

I put on running clothes and turn on my computer, and google maps. I find a route to the library before sliding my shoes on, grabbing the keys and running out the door.
   When ever I run, I feel free, weightless, no stress what so ever.

The air is cooler then Sunset Valleys. The cold air is nice though, as it whips around me. I pick up the pace, running faster.

No one is out yet, except a little girl on a bike. On purpose, I run past the street I was supposed to turn. I can't stop now, I'm going too fast, and feeling so weightless. I run onto the bridge, and skid to a stop.

I turn to look at the dark, churning water below. Not crystal blue, but the stars. The stars! They shine so brightly.

I catch my breath, with the cool winds from the water adding to the cold air. I take one last deep breath, before turning around and running. This time, I turn on the right street and sprint when I see the library.

I look at the hours, happy that it's open and I didn't run here for nothing.

I pull open the doors, no one else is here, except for the ancient librarian who eyes me. I look at the computer sign in sheet, and put my name for good measure before sitting at one of the only computers.

I spend an hour searching for anything and everything that could help me.. The sun starts to come out and some college aged students come in, for last minute study sessions or reading material.
   Eventually, I realize this time internet can't help me. I get up, and an aggravated looking man takes my seat. I walk over to the librarian and ask as sweetly as I can where the phone books are. She hacks, and scowls before pointing upstairs and muttering left.
   I hurry up the stairs, and turn left and find the big sing that says phone book. I take an older one and look at all the Jills' and there addresses. Turns out there's only one.

I type the information into my phone before putting the book back onto the shelf, and running out of the library. I may actually be able to fix this.

Hope you liked the update and please feel free to comment!

• Immortal
Re: In The Dark-Newest Log-A Successful Run
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2012, 09:55:58 AM »
Poor thing, she's so lonely. :( I hope she can find Jill.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Watcher
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2012, 10:12:34 AM »
Wow that was really good. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Offline SadieHamming

• Watcher
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2012, 09:14:32 PM »
Poor thing, she's so lonely. :( I hope she can find Jill.
Wow that was really good. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Thank you! I need to play for the next updates, so maybe Monday for the next update.

anything