Author Topic: In The Dark-Newest Log-The End  (Read 40894 times)

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
Re: In The Dark- Newest Log- Where we are now/Log 12
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2012, 06:45:17 PM »
Thanks. I wanted to leave it suspensefull but not too suspensful!
That's exactly what I thought! It had suspense but not SO suspenseful we are impatient.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2012, 01:11:01 PM »
Julie
   "Julie!" Benjiman calls. "What?" I ask sharply. Dealing with twin, boy toddlers seems like an impossible task. Righ now, sleep is a dream. "Russel is crying his head off and Alan needs to be changed!" he screams from the other room. I pull myself out of bed and to the twins room. Benjiman is holding Russel in his arms, gently rocking him back and forth. I pick Alan up and change him. Alan stops crying and falls asleep. I gently lay him down in his crib and take Russel into arms. "Hush little baby," I sing rocking him back and forth. His little eye shut and his breathes become even. I then lay him down and lean against the wall. "Thank you." Benjiman says smiling. "Yeah, welcome." I say lightly. Benjiman leaves the room and I hear him go to the bedroom. I look at my two 'angels'. I love them, but I love sleep too. In the long run, I'm still very happy with my little nooboos. While Benjiman's at work, they keep me company. Nap time is, in my opionion, the best thing ever
invented. I leave the room, and quietly shut the door. I make sure the front and back doors are locked before going to bed.
This time the sun is up, I slip out of bed. Since Benjiman is still out cold. I go to check on Alan and Russel. When I walk in, Alan is still asleep. But Russel is sitting in his crib. "Mama!" he cries. I smile and swoop him up from the crib. I hug him and Rick him gently. "I hungra." he says, in his small baby voice. "Then let's feed you." I spin him gently as I leave the room and he laughs and smiles. I put him in the crib and place his bottle in front of him. He takes it in his little hands and starts to drink. I pour myself a cup of coffee and a piece of toast. He eats as I eat and the house is quiet. Russel finishes eating and throws the bottle on the ground. I grab it fit before it hits and Russel laughs and claps his little hands, since he thought it was a show. I ruffle his hair and pick him up. And bring him back to his room. I set him down and he toddles to the block table and p,as with the blocks. And for the short hour, the house was quiet.

Hope you liked the mini update! Wifi has been spotty so I figured I would post an update while I'm on. Feel free to tell me what you think! ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2012, 02:33:55 PM »
I love them, but I love sleep too.

;D That made me laugh! It describes the experience of having young children quite well... Great update!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2012, 05:38:24 PM »
Very cute update. It was so distributive and sounds like what beginning parent would say. 

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2012, 04:32:35 PM »
;D That made me laugh! It describes the experience of having young children quite well... Great update!
Very cute update. It was so distributive and sounds like what beginning parent would say. 
Thanks! I'm glad it was realistic! I just thought about my  younger cousins, but ya love them anyways! ;D

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: In The Dark- Newest Log- Benjiman and Julia/Log 13
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2012, 03:29:23 PM »
Tommy
   The cars zip pass on the street, twenty floors down. The stars twinkle down at them, dimmer then the clubs that blare music at all hours of the night. I know I told Kayla that I liked Bridgeport, but I miss Sunset Valley, then my mind drifts to Shirley. I miss her so much! She was so precious and loving. But she's with Hailey, I hate to admitt , but she's better off where she is then here. I sigh, Iwish Kayla would come home, she's out every night, at "work" . By the time she comes back I'm at work, and then she sleeps the day away. Beyond being sane, and now I feel like I'm just venting. I have a good job, a wife and a daughter who's in better hands. So why do I feel so sad? Maybe the cars hold the answers. Or maybe they are hiding in the stars. . . Or maybe, I just need a nice, long break with Shirley.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: In The Dark- Newest Log-Tommy and Kayla/Log 14
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2012, 10:47:57 AM »
Newest log is here!!!! Now, here it is,

Log 15-What Oma Needs
Halie
   The alarm clock lets out a dull bing, bing. "Wake up, Warren!" I whisper half asleep. "Why?" He ask, still half asleep. "Is Marley toddling around the house?" "No," "Is someone at the door?" "No," "Then I'm going back to sleep." "Warren!" I hit with a pillow, and he groans. "It's Monday, Shirley has to go to school." "Okay, I'm up." He says. I get up and get dressed before waking Shirley up.
   "Shirley, time to wake up." I say kneeling by her bed. "Mph." "Time to wake up for school." She jumps out of bed, and smiles. 'Yay!" She puts on her new dress we bought on Saturday, and patiently waits for me to tie the bow in the back. Once tied, she bounces up and down while I grab Marley out of her crib. "Warren is making breakfast, I'll be out there in a minute." She nods and skips out of the room.
   "Mama!" Marley squeals. "Marley!" I put her little yellow dress on and tie her hair into pigtails. "There was a farmer who had a dog, and Bingo was his name-o. B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his name-o!" She sings as I get her dressed. i swoop her up and into her high chair, still singing that Bingo dog song. I place her oatmeal on the tray, and she shoves her hands into it. Square, our dog, sits patiently by the high chair. Waiting for some crumbs on the floor/ Shirley and Warren sit at the table. Shirley eating pancakes and Warren drinking coffee while reading the paper. I grab the cup of coffee pf the table and sip it. "I'm so excited, Halie!" She exclaims in between bites. "Will you do my hair/" "Of course." I grab the hair brush and a hair tie from the drawer. I pull back her hair into a high ponytail and brush it flat. "Thank you!" She places her plate in the sink and skips to grab her shoes. "Warren, lets go walk her to the bus." He nods and puts the paper down and follows me to the door. I put Marley on my hip. And we wave as Shirley gets on the bus. "Bye!" Shirley cries as she climbs on the bus and sits next to her friend.
   At Eleven Thirty, I take a breath and pull my shoes on. "Warren, I'm taking Square for a walk. Be back by two!" Okay," he yells back. "I might take Marley to the park." "Bye." I yell and walk out the door with Square at my heels.
   At the beach, I let Square free. And of course, Square being a genius, runs and drinks water from the ocean. [I didn't know dogs could do that!]

I laugh, then I see her. She stands out because she's dressed in all black.

She stands alone, staring at the ocean. She turns around, and I wonder how she heard me.
"Hello, Halie. You came alone?" "Yes, I did, Oma." "I need you to do something for me. But first I must show you something."

"Take my hand." Slowly, I reach my hand out. She sticks hers out, as if were shaking hands.
  There's a blinding flash of white light, before the world comes onto focus. A dark purple house looms up. Three little girls sit on a bench on the patio.

"That's me and my sisters." Oma's voice startles me half to death. "Can they see us?" I ask in a hushed voice. "No, this is only a memory. They can not see or hear us." I  nod, the whole idea perplexing me. But I spent what i thought was only a few months but was actually seven hundred years in a school.
"The one on the far right is me. I always wore darker clothing." I nod, the little girl who becomes Oma is pretty. "In the middle is my sister Jill. Jill was the type of person who always wanted to help. And who had a look that made you always want to help her. And that," She pointed to the far left. "Is my evil sister Kali. Kali tricked everyone, by looking angelic and then pulling crimes. Then blaming me. I hated her, still do. She was just evil, mean to everyone. We argued most of the time"

A still of Oma and Kali arguing filled my vision, followed by Oma hugging Jill.

"Jill and me were friends, we always played together and she made me feel better. Because as we grew older, we discovered we had . . . powers. I realized I could send visions and memories, almost movies, to people. And they could watch time, like you are right now. And Kali," She shivered. "Kali could take things out of time. Like she did to the school, and you." A shiver ran through me, Kali made this all happen. "And Jill, she could fix everything that Kali did." "Why didn't you just have her fix it?!" I scream. "Because, something happened between us and we are no longer friends. That's why i need you, Halie." I felt frozen. The words stuck in my mouth.
   "I need you to go to Twin brook and find my sister. Tell her I am sorry, and explain what happened to you. If she doesn't believe you, show her this." She unclasp a golden locket from around her neck. She places in my hand and i slide it into my pocket. "So, will you do it?" "i, I don't know." I say uncertainty. "I understand, it's a hard decision. You have in till midnight tomorrow to tell me. If you will, meet me at the beach at midnight, if not don't bother to show up." I nod and, everything goes white again.
   And I'm left sitting on the sand, Square licks my face. And  I realize I'm soaked in salt water and covered in sand. More perplexed then ever.

Hope you liked the update and feel free to tell me what you think!
So, should Halie go to Twin Brook and meet Jill and maybe fix everything?
What do you guys think about separating it into paragraphs? I thought it would be easier to read that way.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
Re: In The Dark-It's back!-Newest Log-What Oma Wants
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2012, 09:08:11 PM »
This story keeps getting better! I hope she goes back to Twin Brook to meet Jill. I never have a problem reading your stories. They are always nicely laid out and not confusing.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2012, 09:10:48 PM »
This story keeps getting better! I hope she goes back to Twin Brook to meet Jill. I never have a problem reading your stories. They are always nicely laid out and not confusing.
Thank you! Ah, only time can tell. But Halie is very confused, and unsure what to do.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2012, 11:30:12 AM »
I'm loading the game now, so update to come soon!!!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »
Log 16-Deciding
Halie
   I step out of the bathroom, and fluff my hair with a towel to dry it. It feels a lot nicer to have all the sand and salt water off me. I was hoping a hot shower would clear my head, like it used to, but now all I can think about is how much the water bill is going to cost. Marley cries from the kitchen, and stops in a moment. "There you go, Marley." Coos Warren. I walk into the dining room to Warren laughing as Marley tries to get the bottle into her mouth. Eventually she finds it in her mouth and slurps happily.
   I walk up to him and place my arms around him, and place my head on his back. "Hey." He says gently. In the voice he used the first time I actually spoke to him, back in the school. "Hey." I say quietly. "What's wrong?" He asks, using his same voice. "Everything." I say, my voice cracking. He turns around and gathers me in his arms, I place my head on his chest and listen to his heartbeat, wanting to shut away the outside world. I squeeze my eyes shut. "Oh, Halie, what happened?" "I meet with Oma. She . . she wants me to do something for her." He tenses, and his heartbeat quickens. "You meet Oma, what did she want?" "She wants me to make amends with her sister, she says her sister Jill can fix what Kali did.Kali was the one who trapped us all in the school. And the Lady who they all spoke to before they escape." "The one clothed in white?" I nod. "Yes. But her sister leaves in Twinbrook." He tenses more. "That far away?" I nod, "Yeah, and I don't know how long I'll be there. And I don't know where Jill lives. And I don't want to leave Shirley or Marley. And, I don't want to leave you." The farthest I've been from Warren is the book store. Because I'm so afraid if I leave him, I'll never find him again. "I can't leave you!" I cry. "Shh," He says soothingly. "Shh, calm down Halie." Warren squeezes me tighter, and gently rocks me.
   "She said Jill can fix this?" "Yes, she said if I can make amends with her sister, that it'd be fixed." "it's worth a try. I don't want you to leave either, but we might be able to fix this." "I know." I pick my head up and look into his eyes. The eyes that melted me to my feet that now melt me to the center of the earth and make my heart skip beats and made me fall in love. I try to focus on the whole offer, but I can't.
    My mind keeps wandering to when he proposed. We walked through the park, it was late and the moon illuminate the pathway. It was before Shirley came to live with us, she officially moved in a week after the wedding.We walked down the path in between the trees. And talked about little things, work, the dog, ect. When he abruptly stopped, and pulled me to a stop too, since he was holding my hand. The moon light fell through the trees in a spotlight. He smiled, and his eyes saw straight through me. Then he keeled down, and got on one knee. "What are you doing?" I asked. "I love you, Halie." he said, not answering me. "We've been through so much together. And I admit, I would not have choose any other person to go through it with." I was confused with his words. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a box. When the lid opened, a ring glistened like a miniature sun. "Halie, will you marry me?" I stared at him in awe, "Yes, yes! Yes, Warren." I said, over joyed. He slid the ring on my finger and lifted me off me off my feet and spun me around.
   I wish I could bottle that up and keep it forever. Warren gently runs his fingers through my hair.

"You should go. One part of me says that. But the other doesn't want you to leave." He whispers. "But you should go, I'll miss you like crazy. But we might just be able to fix this mess."

I put my hands on his shoulders, tears gathering in the corner of my eyes. "Are . . are you sure?" He nods painfully slow. "Yes, I'll take care of the girls." "She said if I was going to meet her tomorrow at midnight." He smiles. "Drink lots of coffee." I smiles. "Yeah, lots and lots."

He places his hand on my cheek. "I love you so much." "I love you, too." I say. He pulls me close again and lifts me off my feet.

"We'll make the most of the time left. Shirley, Marley, You and me."
   *******************************************************************************************************************************
   I give Warren one last hug before climbing into the car. "Bye, be safe." He says lovingly. "I'll be fine, bye." I start the car and drive down the main street to the beach. After I pull my car into the empty parking lot, I check around to see if anyone is there. It's eerily quiet and dark. But I stop Oma on the top of the hill.
She blends into the dark night. I run over to her, freaked out to be out so late without someone I know. "Hello Halie. You came." "Yea." I say out of breath. "I did." She frowns. "i must speak quick. For someone watches." I take a deep breath, to calm my racing heart. Oma takes a box from her coat. "Here, this is everything you need. Plane ticket, address to a rental house, rental car keys. The only thing missing is Jill's address, since I don't know it." "Thank you. Anything else?" "Yes, carefully who you speak too. They are every where, they watch you and your family and the rest of the children from the school. Now, careful young Halie. The world is a cruel place." She shakes my hand. "Thank you, I can not express my thankfulness. Now run, they watch and are coming. Run!" She turns around and disappears and I run. My feet pound against the hillside and I don't stop till I'm in the car, with the doors locked. Why did Oma tell me to run? We were alone. The box she gave me sits in the seat next to me, my lifeline to find Jill. I start up the engine and drive home, the only odd thing I saw was what looked like a white mist in distance.

Hope you liked the update and please tell me what you think!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
Re: In The Dark-Newest Log-Deciding
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2012, 06:16:11 PM »
Oh so suspenseful. I wonder who "They" are?

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2012, 07:37:26 PM »
Oh so suspenseful. I wonder who "They" are?
Thanks! I'll try to have another update on Thursday.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2012, 08:44:14 PM »
Cliffhanger!

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2012, 08:58:34 PM »
Cliffhanger!