Author Topic: Sims & Pets Name Themes  (Read 27331 times)

Offline geekchic

• Townie
Re: Sims & Pets Name Themes
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2012, 11:36:14 PM »
I've been considering a hollywood screen icon theme. Y'know, Audrey, Elizabeth, Marilyn, Katherine, etc. :)

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2012, 02:48:16 AM »
I've been using a city theme. It works for me, the only hard work me is opening up Wikipedia and search for a good city name.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2012, 03:33:43 AM »
I had been thinking of how to keep it better straightened out, and decided to do one set author for each town.  Carpathians for Riverview, Breeds for AP and the Psy/Changlings for SV

A little hard to do right now, but when Supernatural comes out, I have some great ones to use. 

Oh wow I never thought of using the carpathian names for my sims! I hope you don't mind if I also use this idea for my sims in the future?
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Leto85

« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2012, 06:00:29 AM »
I've been using a city theme. It works for me, the only hard work me is opening up Wikipedia and search for a good city name.

I think I can help you with that. If you are out of ideas you could always search by land to find good names for your sims. Just a random land.
And I'll am about to see sims with names like: Nijmegen, Arnhem, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht or whatever in that context. :P

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2012, 08:18:34 AM »
And I'll am about to see sims with names like: Nijmegen, Arnhem, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht or whatever in that context. :P

Hah! I was in Utrecht in the Summer - my cousin lives there!

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2012, 12:59:41 AM »
Magpie,

The names are free for usage unless C. Feehan would mind; which I doubt she would.    I have even used the titles of some books I have read for the titles of books when they give a title I don't like, or one that has already been given, such as the Bender's whatever.  Dark Curse would make a good title for a horror book,  ;D

Offline Ceewah

• Nooboo
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2013, 12:19:23 PM »
Usually while naming sims, I use names that correspond with the 'type' the are. For example, my Vampire twins were named Mercury and Lead which are both dangerous/blood poisoning metals. Mercury's Child was Uranium and Lead's were Plutonium and Radio. (As in Radioactive).
For last names, I go with what ever makes a pun... like the Smell Legacy. Good Smell, Bad Smell, Dingy Smell, and then a fairy got in there and Tinker Smell was born (Who had a 50-50 chance of being a fairy because her dad, Dingy Smell married a fairy and Dingy was a human. I went on a wing and Tinker WAS a fairy.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2013, 01:04:57 PM »
There are some wonderful name ideas on this thread!!  It's really cool to see some of the sims mentioned here in Union Cove also!  I've been playing Sims so long for so many years I have almost run out of names.  Sometimes I go for the silly or ethnic or what I see on commercials if I'm watching TV and simming.  I had one family the Eye family.  No Eye, Left Eye, Right Eye and Third Eye.  One of my witches is Sandz Timez and his cat is Tofu Timez.  I have Teapot Kettle, Fly Free, Joe Camel and the list goes on.  ::)

Offline Mikeyspoons

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2013, 04:44:00 PM »
I have two themes set out for when I finally get round to doing a dynasty. I have flowers with the founder Fleur Flores (Flower Flower) with daughters ranging from Lily, Rose, Viola and Daisy. The second theme is alliteration with the letter 'D' so the surname is de Vine with first names such as Davina, Daphne, Dixie and Demelza (which I saw in a Harry Potter book and had to use!).

I also had a rainbow theme once with the mother called Crystal (because when you shine light into a crystal it makes a rainbow) who had 6 daughters; Ruby, Amber, Sunshine, Meadow, River and Violet. I was gutted I couldn't have Indigo too, but the house reached it's occupancy limit.

If I ever get stuck for names for, I have a look at film credits which is a great place to find some interesting names. Even the in game Sims 3 credits have some great names!

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2013, 05:26:20 PM »
I have to admit recently my mother (who is a teacher) has had some children in her class with absolutely ADORABLE names, the best being Kitty Whitby and Pacey Sparrow. Don't names like that just make you want to pick them up and snuggle them? The best part is that Kitty and Pacey are really darling kids too.

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2013, 10:15:46 PM »
I currently have a legacy with gemstone naming theme (hence it being called the Gemstone Legacy).

I might names of a particular language/origin, like French or Italian, next as a theme.
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2013, 02:30:15 PM »
I started a dynasty challenge and the way I'm naming my sims (aside from gen. 1) is by the favorite colour they're born with.

Offline wickedjr89

• Nooboo
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2013, 03:29:11 PM »
In a previous legacy I used a rocks/gems/minerals theme...let's see if I can remember the names...Crystal, Sapphire, Ruby, Esmerelda, Flint Jasper, Clay
In my current legacy the 2nd generation all have Greek names- Amanda, Jason, Nicholas, Charisma, Harmony. The 3rd generation will have plant like names. They aren't born yet so I don't know how many I will use but for boys I like Sage, Forest, Ashton, Sylvester (I was surprised that was linked to plants, I googled lol), oliver. For girls Erica (again another one that surprised me but I probably won't use that one), Heather, Ivy, Jasmine, Laurel, Olivia, Pepper, Rose, Lily, Daisy, Holly, Violet, Blossom. I know I won't use all them names for 1 generation lol that'd be too many kids but I always write out several names for both genders ahead of time so I have plenty to choose from.
I love this thread. So many great ideas! :D

I don't know how to make a banner or I would. I have a sim legacy story if anyone would like to check it out *whistles*
http://ts3stormlegacy.blogspot.com/

Offline paulabelle

• Llama Wrangler
  • "wear your heart on your skin in this life"
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2013, 12:47:43 PM »
Back in TS2, I tried my hand at the Apocalypse Challenge and named my founder Alex Austen (I just liked the sound of that, especially being the first apocalypse challenge I've done!!). So, Austen became common family name around my Legacys. My current one (just for fun!) has Austen as a last name and all heirs (boys) have names starting with A: Arthur, Angus, Anton, Argus, Athos, Archer, Albus (Harry Potter fan here!!!), Alfie, Anguy (took it from ASOIF, by George R. R. Martin) and Alex.
The other male siblings are B names and the girls have A names: Arya, Agnes, Anouk... It's pretty fun to try and come up with A names!

I also get names from my favorite Shakespearian plays, books I've read and movies! Then, of course, come the ethnic names and names related to specific countries! When in doubt, I use this great name generator (http://www.behindthename.com/random/)!

I'm not veeeeery creative as you guys! Some of your themes are just awesome!! I'll definitely try out a Horse name theme, since my legacy heir (Anton) wants a horse! :D

Thanks for this thread!! It's really inspiring!!  :)

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2013, 12:20:23 AM »
I tend to name my sims after whatever I really like at the time. So my current family's found is named Nightmare Sheogorath and the others will have names like Lunacy, Neurotic, and Paranoia. At least, that's the plan.
(Sheogorath, the character from the Elder Scrolls series)