Author Topic: Renaming Save Files  (Read 5358 times)

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
Renaming Save Files
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:12:26 PM »
Being the perfectionist that I am, I get frustrated when I can’t put the full name I have in mind into those name boxes due to their small character limits. That applies to lot names, book titles, and of course the names of save files.

But, hopefully by renaming the folder in which the save data is stored (excluding the “.sims3”extension) I can bypass the character limit and put in the full save title of “Distinguished Director & Superstar Actor.sims3”. I’ll return wether this was successful through editing this post.

…And it looks like you are completely able to change the name of save files without any trouble on the game’s end. Of course I renamed the backup file as well, but all went according to plan. This probably isn’t the most useful tip, but may help some of you guys who like having long file names for whatever reason.  :D

Oh, and just in case you don’t know where your save files are stored, here’s the directory: My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves.
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.