Author Topic: Immortal Dynasty Help, I Have No Money!  (Read 10521 times)

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
Immortal Dynasty Help, I Have No Money!
« on: July 08, 2012, 05:42:25 AM »
Hey Everyone,

I'm having my first try at an Immortal Dynasty, (You can see it here - http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11339.0.html )

I'm still on my first generation, (2nd is only a child) my first is already part way through her adult life stage. I have two other sims helping out, and I made it to about 30,000 simoleons. But I just purchased Summer Hill Springs for one of the requirement properties, and now I only have 10,000! I have no money to upgrade/buy another property, and I'm having a LOT of trouble earning more money fast. Any ideas???

I'm trying to grow money trees, but the only special seeds I find turn out to Flame Fruit, Death Flower or Life Fruit. It's so frustrating, does anybody know a specific money tree spawn point? Oh, and I have the Sims Pets and Ambitions, what's the best career for making a lot of money?

I really need some help - everyone else seems to have about 100,000 simoleons by the end of their first gen, but I'm stumped as to how.

Thanks in advance! :)

“When it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” - G.K. Chesterton

The Diamond Dynasty - A Girl From Simasi

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Immortal Dynasty Help, I Have No Money!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 07:00:42 AM »
If you have the collection helper then you can look for gems to sell. Another way of making some money is by going to the consignement store and buying a miner. If there isn't one there then just buy a few items until the miner shows up in the list. Consign all the stuff you just bought(apart from the miner)and you should make your money back plus some extra.
If you use the miner you should get some nice rare gems that you can sell.

Have your Sims complete in the eating competitions because that will give you a little bit of money. Have spares completed any opps that give a cash reward they are not held to same opp restrictions as immortals so they can do all of them.

If you have any celebrity gifts sell them.

If any spares have enough happiness points buy the midlife crisis reward and give them the klepto trait.

Use the collection helper to collect animals and butterflies. Some of them can sell for quite a lot of money.

If you have your property you just need to buy a building. In Sunset Valley I think that the grocery store and bookshop are the cheapest. You do not have to upgrade buildings.
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Calech

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 07:04:48 AM »
Can't claim to be an expert on the topic myself - there is a subforum devoted to the topic, though, which may give you a few ideas.

A couple of suggestions to think about;

- What skills do you have available? Any skill that produces something (Painting, Writing, etc.) will give you a source of income - my current painter after reaching level 10, completing the challenges, and getting the Extra Creative reward regularly paints up Large pictures worth 3-5k, for instance, and can do at least 2 a day if it's her main focus - and if you're sticking with the challenge you should at least have a mid-level painter, someone working on gardening, and a fisherman/woman, all of which can make a fair profit.

As far as I know money tree seeds don't have a specific spawn point; first game I played I had the opposite problem, I wanted life fruit but all I got was money trees! The best suggestion I can make is that more is better; if you find and plant 20 special seeds you'll get more chances than if you plant 2, so check the graveyard, science facility, and other spawn points that I've forgotten on a daily basis.

Oh, and if you've been working on a Sculptor, if they don't have the Savvy Sculptor benefits, they will break sculptures intermittently - which, in the case of Stone, can reveal high-value gems and metals (including Supernovium)

- What - if any - careers do you have your Sims following? Career paths in my experience are a little odd, because to start out they give little benefit for the time invested. However, at the top of a career, you'll start to see better results - especially if you take a top level career for an immortal Sim who'll be around for a long, long time.

Self-employed professions (ie. the skill-based ones) don't give any money themselves, but you do get bonuses at certain career levels - of course, how valuable a bonus of 5k is when you have to sell ~90k worth of stuff to get it is questionable.

It's kind of hard to define a best career, as you've also got to balance other concerns such as working hours and additional benefits (the Culinary career for example is fairly low pay, but gives the special fridge at the top career level).

Reading the thread I see you're in the Athletic career - the base pay is sort of middling, but the real prize for that one is when you start playing (and winning!) games, as those give more money than the base job normally does. Get your Athletic skill to the top and use the 'Prepare for Game' work tone on your 'normal' working days when games become available, and you should find yourself earning a fairly steady income from this alone.

- Collecting is always an option to raise some quick cash - unless you know where spawn points are or use a map, grabbing the Collection Helper reward with someone is a good idea for this. The base neighborhood doesn't have much in the way of ultra-expensive items (except for Pink Diamonds, which are worth over 1k uncut, but are very rare), but you can still make a bit from selling on lots of stuff. If you've got World Adventures then you can also play around with Transfiguring, which can net you quite the sum of money if you play it right.

- If you're really desperate for some quick cash and have been tending to your Sims' wishes, anyone who has spare Lifetime Happiness points can trade them in for some cash (non-immortals preferred as otherwise this reduces the available 'unique rewards'). Any reward that results in an object (eg. Collection Helper, Hover Bed, Teleportation Pad) can be sold, yielding about 20% of the Happiness spent as cash; if you've got Generations then you can use Inheritance for a better return. This is obviously only a short-term solution, however, but if you're pushing the end of Elder stage and are a few thousand short of that last property, this can save that generation.

Don't forget that the only time limit (besides death, of course) is on museum pieces. If you are part-way through Adult, you've still got the rest of the Adult phase to go, plus the initial phase of Elder, before you're at risk - if you've earned §30,000 already, then chances are you'll earn that much again in the same period of time as a minimum, which gives you enough to buy the cheapest building (Diner type properties are priced at 24k) and should let you place a few bits and pieces if you need to upgrade something.

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 04:33:31 AM »
Thanks!! I'm working my way up, you're right - collecting and sculpting are very helpful. (Only just bought Ambitions, my other expansion pack is Pets.) I've also gotten one of my sims to almost max painting and complete one of the skill challenges, so he's earning some money too. Thanks again for your advice - I usually just use the motherlode cheat after a while, so I'm a bit pathetic at earning money.  :D
“When it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” - G.K. Chesterton

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 08:48:10 AM »
Collecting can be a really good moneymaker at the outset.

If you have the lifetime happiness points, get a Collection Helper. (This will also help with finding special seeds - you can zoom in on the marked spots on the map to see what kind of seed is actually there.)

If you have Pets, get a dog and have it sniff out collectables. Occasionally dogs will dig up very valuable metals and gems.

Also, with Ambitions, the consignment shop is your friend - because they have a lot of uncut gems and unsmelted metals. Any gem more valuable than about 40 simoleons will make money from being cut even with the Emerald cut, and any metal worth more than about 60 will make money from being smelted. Plus, metals and gems you buy at the consignment shop count towards your Collecting skill challenges. You might also find a miner at the consignment shop - again, there's a chance of finding very valuable gems and metals, or furniture. Consigning a painting or sculpture will also get more money than just selling it would - but it might take a day or two.

For what it's worth, there are some really, really good money-making Opportunities with Painting - any opportunity that asks you to deliver paintings to someone usually pays out about 4x the value of the paintings, and I know there's one opportunity that asks for 15 paintings to be delivered. It might be worthwhile to hang on to your 15 most valuable paintings, and that way you'll have them on hand if you get that opportunity - plus, they'll appreciate if you don't sell them immediately.  Sculpting opportunities, on the other hand, often promise Simoleons but don't actually pay anything.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 02:33:15 AM »
Thanks again! I just earned enough lifetime happiness points (I already bought two rewards, and had to build them up again) to buy the Collection Helper! After all it's good reviews I think I'll get it. :) Thanks for the tips with the consignment store, being new to Ambitions I don't know much about it! Good to know with the gems and the miner. And one of my sims just supermaxed painting, so I'll keep opportunities in mind.  :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 03:50:33 AM »
One last thing...  when you're collecting Special Seeds, the value of the seed will give you a hint as to what kind of seed it is.  You just grab the seed and move it to the Sell spot on the inventory tab.  If the value of the seed is $0, that means it's either a Deathflower or a Money Tree.  All other seeds will have a value.  The higher valued ones, say in the $50 to $60 range, will be Life Fruit or maybe Plasma Fruit.  The ones valued around $20 to $30 are Flame Fruit seeds.  When I collect a batch of Special Seeds, I can get about 12 seeds a day.  When my Sim gets home, I look at all of them and see their value.  Out of 12 or so seeds, usually only 2 will be $0.  You won't know until you plant it what it will be.  You can tell from the moment it sprouts, though.  It won't tell you in words what it is, but the picture it shows will give it away.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lprkaun

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 11:58:39 AM »
I frequent the Consignment shop as well.  You can buy gems and cut them for a profit.  If you've found at least 5 metals, then buying an expensive metal and smelting it can result in huge profits with the extra ingots you can receive in the mail. (or you can transfigure stuff like iron into Compendium and Supernovium.)  I've also found that I can buy lobster at the grocery store for 25 and sell them at the consignment shop for 39-44.  Not a huge profit, but if you sell 100 of them it adds up slowly.

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 08:56:29 PM »
One last thing...  when you're collecting Special Seeds, the value of the seed will give you a hint as to what kind of seed it is.  You just grab the seed and move it to the Sell spot on the inventory tab.  If the value of the seed is $0, that means it's either a Deathflower or a Money Tree.  All other seeds will have a value.  The higher valued ones, say in the $50 to $60 range, will be Life Fruit or maybe Plasma Fruit.  The ones valued around $20 to $30 are Flame Fruit seeds.  When I collect a batch of Special Seeds, I can get about 12 seeds a day.  When my Sim gets home, I look at all of them and see their value.  Out of 12 or so seeds, usually only 2 will be $0.  You won't know until you plant it what it will be.  You can tell from the moment it sprouts, though.  It won't tell you in words what it is, but the picture it shows will give it away.

Thanks, Pam!! That's really helpful, I'll be able to know much faster if I'm likely to have a money tree - I've still only found one!

I frequent the Consignment shop as well.  You can buy gems and cut them for a profit.  If you've found at least 5 metals, then buying an expensive metal and smelting it can result in huge profits with the extra ingots you can receive in the mail. (or you can transfigure stuff like iron into Compendium and Supernovium.)  I've also found that I can buy lobster at the grocery store for 25 and sell them at the consignment shop for 39-44.  Not a huge profit, but if you sell 100 of them it adds up slowly.

Thanks to you too, Iprkaun! Good idea, I'll have to try that :D

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 03:09:55 PM »
If you still need help check the junkyard for furniture over buymode. Collect everything and anything you find there, and when you have most of it invite over the repairman, then sell or keep it! If you get extremely low on cash, don't do this.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 03:31:10 PM »
If you still need help check the junkyard for furniture over buymode. Collect everything and anything you find there, and when you have most of it invite over the repairman, then sell or keep it! If you get extremely low on cash, don't do this.

I thought they fixed that glitch a long time ago?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 04:28:16 PM »
I thought they fixed that glitch a long time ago?

You haven't been able to repair stuff from the junkyard since Late Night patch.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline dtaymoore

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 12:33:09 AM »
Also going on vacation will help. They give you more time to go looking for gems and the ones from other worlds can bring in some nice money as well. I know Shang Simla is popular (seen it around the forum a bit) for their metals because one adventure actually points them out to you. I think an adventure in Al Simhara also does this, but I don't think the gems are worth as much.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 10:52:45 PM »
Another good tip is to rummage in other sims garbage cans, especially rich sims with mansions as you can find gems, metals & if you are really lucky simgoggles or laptops. :)

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 10:57:19 PM »
I'm glad you resurrected this thread Rainbow Dash! I had no idea about the money seed prices to check for deathflowers and money trees!
Jaymi

anything