Author Topic: Which is your Favourite Neighbourhood/World?  (Read 116694 times)

Be Crazy

Which is your Favourite Neighbourhood/World?
« on: July 13, 2012, 10:01:59 AM »
Which is your favourite Sims 3 Neighbourhood/World so far?Vote and Discuss here.

Do you prefer the tranquility and warm neighbourly feel of Sunset Valley and Twinbrook, the non stop action and activity of Bridgeport and Starlight Shores or the animal orientated world of Appaloosa Plains?
If you want to start a discussion about the pros and cons of each, then so be it. However, try to keep the genereal chit-chat and such in here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Which is your Favourite Neighbourhood/World?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:27:53 AM »
I'm definitely a fan of Twinbrook, and I wish I could put it concisely, but I can't.

I first fell in love with the place for its scenery. Sunset Valley is a good town for building, but the constant cheerful greenery got boring quickly. Here was Twinbrook: a land of dark swamps, dead trees, and native land of the fog emitter. I love my worlds to look somewhat sinister like Twinbrook is. I sometimes just hang around to take screenshots of the scenery; the sunset over the rivers, nighttime fog over the swamps, ghosts rising out of their graves over the fog of the cemetery.

It was also the first town where I didn't have the urge to annihilate all the pre-mades. Even though my first play of Twinbrook involved clearing out everything, I ended up saving some families. They felt real to me. Even the rich families, such as the Bakers, the Pidgins, and the Rackets have a human air to them. Eventually, I kept everyone. Each sim seems to be crafted to feel like someone you might know, yet still keeping the exaggerated, wacky feel of The Sims. Sometimes you just have to play them to realize that the developers took pains to flesh out everyone in some way.

Lastly, I hate sims that look generic, and the natives of Twinbrook are just the opposite. Some sliders go to their extremes, and while the result isn't visually pleasing, it keeps the gene pool strange and strong. Plus, there's only a couple sims there that are ugly beyond all hope.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:41:05 AM »
For me, it's Riverview. I love the sims, I love the area, it has balanced spawners and some nice rich sims for dynasties, no lag bloat for me and it's easy to place and build beautiful homes there.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 12:29:09 PM »
I use Sunset Valley the most since its easily run on my computer and I'm familiar with the townies and where everything is. However I also really like Appaloosa Plains, my legacy is set there and it has a lot of pretty scenery and color that I like.  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Which is your Favourite Neighbourhood/World?
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 12:35:40 PM »
I like all the towns but my favorite is Sunset Valley

Offline Tealeaf

• Townie
    • Annie Takes Off
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 03:13:19 PM »
Bridgeport.  For some reason, I really like apartments in the Sims.  In real life, not so much.
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

Offline Vanillin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 06:41:47 PM »
I'm going to go for Riverview. It's well-planned with lots of great sims, and it's a happy medium between Twinbrook and Sunset Valley, my other favourites. Bridgeport is also lovely though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 07:14:25 PM »
I've tried all the ones I have (everything except Lunar Lakes and Lucky Palms), but I keep coming back to Sunset Valley.  Mostly this is because I like the centralized layout, so my Sims don't have to waste a lot of time going from one place to another.  Also I like to give my Sims homes with the Beautiful Vista moodlet, and Sunset Valley seems to have more of those lots.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Jeeb

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 07:15:27 PM »
Lucky Palms. Sooo much room to build and the scenery isn't bad either.

simmerGirl

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 08:45:10 PM »
@Schipperke, I'm the same as you, Iv'e tried all of the other hoods & I cant settle in them & I'm straight back to sunset valley :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »
I like the centrality and smallness of AP. My favourite scenery though would have to be HS. It's just beautiful. The rabbit holes that came with LL are just awesome, and if it weren't considered CC I'd make the science facility the same as all the rest - perfect for placing in small shells. If challenge rules get made a little more lax in the future to something like 'nothing that gives a player an advantage' I'd do that. I haven't played SS or LP yet, so I'm yet to see their advantages. SV is a good backup, since I know the sims and the spawners so well - although I'm getting that way with all the other towns now too. Nothing like a challenge tournament to make you branch out!

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 11:03:48 PM »
I must say I'm a fan of Sunset Valley. Perhaps it's because I am most familiar with it and know the residents there the best. Maybe if I spent more time playing the other neighborhoods (I do own all of them), I might change my mind.

I do enjoy Twinbrook though because of all the mystery surrounding it and how the Sims 3 community has come up with all of their ideas.
Hi!

Offline TeaPuff

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 12:40:38 AM »
I really like Sunset Valley but for me the only down side is that its a bit small for me, I perfer larger maps so that I have plenty of choice in what area my sims will live.
I went for Hidden Springs, simply because of the scenery and its where my current game takes place, if we had multipule choice I would have also chosen Bridgeport and/or Lunar Lakes because they are both very differant and individual neigbourhoods.

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 01:54:16 AM »
I really like Sunset Valley but for me the only down side is that its a bit small for me, I perfer larger maps so that I have plenty of choice in what area my sims will live.

Indeed. I also wish Sunset Valley was bigger.. or at least had more places to realistically place lots.

I still love it, though!
Hi!

Offline Katie123urgreat

• Causton CID
  • Occult
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 02:15:27 AM »
Indeed. I also wish Sunset Valley was bigger.. or at least had more places to realistically place lots.

I still love it, though!

Yes, I agree with you there. There is no realistic place to put lots later on.
My favourite would be Sunset Valley. I love the neighbourhood, I wish I could live there personally. But the only other towns I have are Riverview and Twinbrook. I agree with Schipperke about the centralized layout of SV.
I just got Ambitions, so I haven't really played it much yet. The only problem is that most of the starter homes in Twinbrook is in the swamp area, and it's really far away from everything, except for the fishing spot and the small junkyard.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DS Ben Jones: I appreciated your trust over the Masons thing.
DCI Tom Barnaby: Trust, Jones, is something hard to win, easy to lose, and never to be taken lightly.
Jones: William Shakespeare, sir?
Barnaby: No! Thomas Barnaby.
-Midsomer Murders

anything