Author Topic: Disc Authorization Failure work around  (Read 4443 times)

Offline napoleonwrasse

• Townie
  • I'm a long time simmer who mostly builds.
    • Sims 3 Houses and Misc. items
Disc Authorization Failure work around
« on: July 15, 2012, 09:06:14 PM »
I was looking for other options to the Disc Authorization Failure message that has plaguing me. I stumbled across this work around it worked for me, and thought it might be useful for anyone with the issue. I think it's only for mac, here's what EA said:

We've seen that some Mac users are having issues with an error when launching The Sims 3. The error message reads “Disc Authorization Failure. We are unable to verify that your disc is a valid copy of The Sims 3. Please contact customer support.”
If you are confident that your copy of The Sims 3 is valid yet still encounter this error, attempt this workaround:
Play the launcher normally, letting the introductory movie play.
In the video, when the “young woman” looks at herself in the mirror, simply press the Escape key.
We have found this to be a fairly successful--though not definitive--workaround.  If the error message continues to persist and this workaround does not work for you, please refer to further Mac-oriented Disc Authentication Error troubleshooting, https://help.ea.com/article/what-steps-can-i-take-to-attempt-to-correct-a-disc-authentication-error.